PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ( Updated SYS 20924 ) 20921 is the fastest I've seen yet on a Diamond

Running smoothly for now, started synching at 7am with Exchange with no issues.

The random volume issues are still present in the Audio Manager. At least I found out by accident what triggers this problem exactly. Its not receiving a call or making a call, its when you unplug the "headset" and plug it back in (not the headset perse, I use the Audio Adapter that was included in the box to hook it up to my car's AUX) the volume of the player goes up ridiculously and starts clipping like mad. Forcing me to either call into voicemail and hang up (solves the problem) or lowering the system volume to about 3 or 4 bars.

Anyways, that problem has been present in almost every ROM, Juicy's 2.6 seems to be less sensitive to this issue. The only other issue I've noticed for now is that TF3D randomly restarts itself sometimes when I'm playing around with it. Haven't pin pointed if its a specific action but I have gotten the problem randomly.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented View Post
Hmmm my first clean build with your kitchen looks very promising Calcu. Using the v2.0 kitchen with 1.08 OEM and SYS20924. I'd like to sit back and configure a good build to test it out tomorrow during my work day. How can I get the standard black manila in there? I'm currently testing the Alltel manila and the brown looks pretty good as well, but I'm partial to the HTC Standard Black Manila. Any quick way to get this in there to use this today?

Also is there a quick fix for the 1% battery? I'm gonna search around now but just wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

BTW Calculin was my nickname back in highschool! HAHAHA!!! Geeks of the world UNITE!!
Oh thanks funny, another Calkulin Yeah, I got that name back in middle school lol As for the black manila it's in the kitchen as Telus and for the battery icon, just install the cabs attached and it will work,

Quote:
Well the ROM I cooked using Calcu's 20924 kitchen survived the night without dying, the alarm clock worked fine and everything I tested yesterday worked flawlessly. I cooked a CLEAN ROM without any of the added apps and just installed my own cabs. Gonna play with using the OEM versions of these apps tnoight as I do use TF3D Config, Advanced Config, Diamond Config and Sprite Backup. The rest can take a hike for my production ROM, I'm gonna play with Girator 2 and such tonight as well.

Anyone got any linkage to a tutorial on how to run CABs into OEMs?

Use OEMizer to conver the cabs to OEMs and then dump them in the OEM folder and test but know that not always they work, that's why I had to install them as cabs on my builds(but some I was just 2 lazy to convert)

Quote:
Running smoothly for now, started synching at 7am with Exchange with no issues.

The random volume issues are still present in the Audio Manager. At least I found out by accident what triggers this problem exactly. Its not receiving a call or making a call, its when you unplug the "headset" and plug it back in (not the headset perse, I use the Audio Adapter that was included in the box to hook it up to my car's AUX) the volume of the player goes up ridiculously and starts clipping like mad. Forcing me to either call into voicemail and hang up (solves the problem) or lowering the system volume to about 3 or 4 bars.

Anyways, that problem has been present in almost every ROM, Juicy's 2.6 seems to be less sensitive to this issue. The only other issue I've noticed for now is that TF3D randomly restarts itself sometimes when I'm playing around with it. Haven't pin pointed if its a specific action but I have gotten the problem randomly.

I don't use headphones on my phone, so I haven't seen that bug, so maybe later when I get a chance, I'll look into that and see if I can come up with something but first let me play with the new kitchen & files to see,

And TC & GF, thanks for new kitchen & updated files, now I'm off to play with them and maybe build some new ROMs,
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
And TC & GF, thanks for new kitchen & updated files, now I'm off to play with them and maybe build some new ROMs,
And thank you for all your help!!

As for releases... expect a new OEM release soon
Old 10-29-2008, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey Calcu, I know building roms is a lot of work so you can ignore my request if you want. When/if you build more roms with the latest kitchen and sys, would it be possible to build a Sprint/Alltel with none of the extra software you included or even most of the stock sprint software (Sprint TV/Nav etc...). Your roms you kindly included for us are fast and I like the style but it has way to much included, for me. Consider me lazy, I know I can just do my own but I rarely have the time and I know you include some reg tweaks (not counting the included reg tweak file) that baffles me on how to do.

Besides that, I find that trying to test this stuff out works a bit better when you have less potential problems to start with. Allowing people to install software as they go might help in finding some issues. If you include to much initially, it makes finding the main problems harder. IMHO anyway.

Liek I siad, just a request that can be ignored if you rather not deal with the hassle of an additional rom. I still appreciate everything you have been doing.

Last edited by aceracer24; 10-29-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Kitchen Builder

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Building a ROM with SprintTV/Nav is senseless because less than 1% of people here actually use either of those. So unless the Chef does, it's mostly a waste of time.
That being said, don't be lazy and use the kitchen, it's very easy and only takes a minute to build a ROM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Building a ROM with SprintTV/Nav is senseless because less than 1% of people here actually use either of those. So unless the Chef does, it's mostly a waste of time.
That being said, don't be lazy and use the kitchen, it's very easy and only takes a minute to build a ROM.
Right, thats why I was requesting all that to not be in one of his next versions.

I have tried building a rom a few times now but I get lost in the process. I usually consider myself to be rather tech savy but for some unknown reason, I have been unable to get my head wrapped around it. I have read a few of the guides repeatedly and just don't get it. Plus there seems to be some different information floating which I think adds to the confusion.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Kitchen Builder

Download:
Diamond Kitchen
SYS 20924 v2a
OEM 1.08

Extract and put SYS and OEM in Diamond Kitchen Folder

Run Build My ROM.

Select Options in BuildOS. (don't close black window)

Click Play

Once it's done, Close BuildOS

Let black window keep going.

Choose pagepool you want and click changeto

Flash

It's not that hard...
Old 10-29-2008, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Hey Tobey, I still can't boot using the new Build My ROM, so I'll try the new SYS & OEM on 2.0 and see

EDIT: 2.0 boots fine again but again, my PC at work is Vista x64 also

Last edited by Calkulin; 10-29-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Kitchen Builder

I'll try making them again on this computer.... not sure what's goin on.
When you use 2.01, does ppchanger let you change the pp size?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well, I haven't tried changing it, I just leave it at 16 but I do click change instead of close,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development