PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to pirish
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by view9234 View Post
I have what may be a noob question, but I'm becoming somewhat worried, so I'll ask it anyway:

I flashed this phone from Sprint stock to the new leaked rom (so I could get Sprint radio 1.11) then to MIGHTYROM 4.8 about a week ago. Everything has worked great, except that I've been using data on my phone but it's not showing that I'm using data on my Sprint account. And my other phone (not a PDA) where I also use data shows the data usage within the day.

I'm now about 4 days into my cycle but show "0 k/b" of data used. Should I be worried? (I am showing EV-DO speed, which would have to mean it's connected to Sprint--and not Verizon--towers, right?) I have a Sprint radio (not Telus...etc.) ROM, but could using MIGHTYROM somehow not be connecting with Sprint towers or not transmitting my MSID correctly?

Should I be worried that by using the ROM I'm somehow violating the Sprint TOS?

Thanks for your help...hopefully I'm not the only Sprint user with this issue....
When you unlocked your phone you violated sprints tos, but they cannot find out unless you bring them back the unlocked, tampered with ROM. Sprint will not know if you are using your phone as a modem with any new ROM. That is a big PERK of using a custom ROM. Do not worry, if you don't tell, they won't know.

Last edited by pirish; 04-27-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
Hope you don't mind if I let you do the grunt work of trying out new ROM's, but could you post your results for the rest of us? Until I see some signs of life in this thread from Mike (aside from the one "please stand by" post a week we get now, I am assuming that I will have to move to another ROM if I ever want to see WM6.5.
I have long been a Mighty fan but the itch for 6.5 had become too great for me. I flashed Calkulin's 6.5 a few days ago and love it. I would have only good things to say and no bugs to report. I did try Groove's 6.5 but had issues..I can only wait and see what Mike may (or may not) bring us. Either way I have loved his roms but it's time to move to the next generation for me.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 04-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

view9234 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
When you unlocked your phone you violated sprints tos, but they cannot find out unless you bring them back the unlocked, tampered with ROM. Sprint will not know if you are using your phone as a modem with any new ROM. That is a big PERK of using a custom ROM. Do not worry, if you don't tell, they won't know.
In the Internet Sharing app...

If I select 'Phone as Modem' instead of 'Data' under NETWORK CONNECTION doesn't that tell Sprint I'm using it as PAM (and they bill me)? If not...what's the difference between the two?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I have long been a Mighty fan but the itch for 6.5 had become too great for me. I flashed Calkulin's 6.5 a few days ago and love it. I would have only good things to say and no bugs to report. I did try Groove's 6.5 but had issues..I can only wait and see what Mike may (or may not) bring us. Either way I have loved his roms but it's time to move to the next generation for me.
How's battery life? Gonna give it a go. Played with Reeseboy 6.5 today. Worked smooth so far but nothing to compared to.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

platinumn23 is a n00b

Please don't bash me.. I lost my phone last friday and I just got my replacement today and wanted to put a new rom on it... It's been almost 6 months since I last added anything (besides music) to my phone.. so I was curious about this..

my Diamond is still on Windows Mobile 6.1 -- I'm wanting to add the Mighty Rom 4.8 to my phone - What do I need (besides the .zip file) in order to make it work?? Should I update to Windows 6.5??

Next question is there any how-to // RTFM's that I can get my hands on so that I don't completely fubar my phone :P

Thanks!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

platinumn23, check the sticky: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

MR4.8 is wm6.1 not 6.5.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Lurker

platinumn23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
platinumn23, check the sticky: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

MR4.8 is wm6.1 not 6.5.
Ahh!!! Thanks!!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Lurker

platinumn23 is a n00b

Did anyone else have a problem syncing after they installed the 4.8 Rom?? My PC recognizes the phone being plugged in but it wont let me sync it?!?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumn23 View Post
Did anyone else have a problem syncing after they installed the 4.8 Rom?? My PC recognizes the phone being plugged in but it wont let me sync it?!?
Are you using xp or vista
Old 04-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Lurker

platinumn23 is a n00b

Vista

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development