PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincebb72 View Post
First off, I believe by us asking when he's releasing his next rom is no big deal...It would be different if we were freaking sending him pm's annoying the **** outta him, but we're NOT!!! We like Mighty's work and his rep proves it...NuFf said
ok

So you are not pming him(I bet some have), but the constant barrage of threads are not changing the release date, rather it's just wasting space. Asking for an eta on his donated time is silly but if you feel nagging him is a sign of affection, so be it. Mike would probably prefer we stay on topic discussing his roms.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hello Peoplezzz.

I'm scrolling through some pages here and see a lot of people getting very frustrated on what might be happening with the rom and bla bla bla.

Let me make a few things clear so we're all on the same page here. My primary device is a touch pro. I use this device every day. My focus is on my touch pro. Now, I've learned a lot from this community since i joined back in 2008 with the htc diamond bonanza.

I've stated it many times and i'll do so once more just for the **** of it. I will not stop making diamond roms. PERIOD. You guys just have to understand that sometimes the devices work differently there fore it's not as easy as copying a bunch of files from my touch pro rom to my diamond rom and KABLAMO! new rom. It needs testing on the diamond rom and personally I find it EXTREMELY frustrating to send the rom out for beta testing when I cannot personally test it myself. You will always see more touch pro roms released rather than diamond roms for this very reason.

If someone wants to send me a diamond, go for it. I have my second bnak account setup although havne't linked it with paypal because i've just been lazy.

4.6 Is coming. I am trying to perfect my touch pro rom so the transition for 4.7 is a much simpler and painless result and i'm pretty sure you guys can appreciate that.

I know I have MANY fans for my diamond series roms and i don't wish to lose your guys support. You just need to see that I am trying to make this one perfect rather than releasing a bunch of garbage.

Bare with me. I have a 4.6 tester going on as we speak, I haven't forgotten about you guys.

Hope all this makes perfect sense

Any concerns, feel free to pm me.

Cheerio!

Last edited by MightyMike; 03-18-2009 at 12:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

WhiteSoxxx is just getting started

4.6.1 or 4.7?

Dude, lemme in on the beta testing and I will solve your worries. Every day you postpone the next release, I cry a little more.... and a baby kitten dies...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

*waits patiently*
Old 03-18-2009, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks Mike.

You should hurry and get that bank account of yours linked. Im positive many people, including myself, will throw a couple bucks your way.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Ranchosteve is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Ranchosteve

mike is the best
Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

berniebennybernard is a n00b

Maybe I should've coughed up an extra $150 for the Touch Pro instead of the Diamond, haha.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
To be honest, I can't seem to resolve the htc album issue.

It's the identical package as my touch pro and my touch pro album works fine. I even tried the one from calkulins kitchen and same issue.

If someone has fixed this please let me know.

The rom is done [text highlighted by pixelpop] but i am not releasing it until that issue is solved.

Sorry guys! No update tonight
Mike...I think this is what is frustrating a lot of folks. This was back on 3/11 and we (the forum) provided a regedit fix for the album issue you were having. Given that you said the album fix was the only thing holding up the release, I can understand some people's anxiousness. Personally, I think 4.6 is pretty fabulous and rock-solid, but then again, I am not a "power user." So trust me, I am not rattling my cup against the jailhouse bars, just thought I would offer my take on 4.7/5.x.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
Mike...I think this is what is frustrating a lot of folks. This was back on 3/11 and we (the forum) provided a regedit fix for the album issue you were having. Given that you said the album fix was the only thing holding up the release, I can understand some people's anxiousness. Personally, I think 4.6 is pretty fabulous and rock-solid, but then again, I am not a "power user." So trust me, I am not rattling my cup against the jailhouse bars, just thought I would offer my take on 4.7/5.x.
Oh oh pixelpop, is that anxiousness I hear? I think I'm going on Spring Break pretty soon and I would like to tell Mighty to take all the time he needs to release the perfect ROM.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the update mike.

pixelpop, do you get any freezing? I'm really curious why some people experience it and some people don't. Because initially I only experienced it a few times when I was testing the rom out. When I decided to use it full time and installed all my apps, I started seeing it more and more. Now I'm pretty much seeing it consistently throughout the day if I type or play certain games.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development