PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

copper rs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.19.09] MightyROM 4R3BORN & MightyROM5 [NEW BETA's AVAILABLE!]

So the ringer is still an issue? How are people using this rom if the phone periodically wont ring? That is a huge issue I had with Mighty4.8 and I gave up on it.

Am I missing something? How do you guys get by on phones that don't ring?

Last edited by copper rs; 05-27-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

liriel is keeping up the good workliriel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper rs View Post
So the ringer is still an issue? How are people using this rom if the phone periodically wont ring? That is a huge issue I had with Mighty4.8 and I gave up on it.

I convert my ringtone to wav ... then the phone rings.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:30 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper rs View Post

cause we are working on figuring it out which we might just have done. With this one problem its still better than any other ROM imho. An even better question is how do the hundreds or thousands of people live with the stock ROM? If this one bug is fixed its the best 6.1 ROM ever!

no serious....EVER! lol

Last edited by Curb71; 05-28-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
I think I've got an interesting find

Mike can have you checked the .wma registry in CLASSES ROOT to make sure its all right. I assumed there would be the strings

Content Type Audio/wma
Default wmafile

Content Type was not listed, so I flashed back to 4.6 after asking if that was one of the ones without the bug, and Content Type is listed in 4.6 registry, its not in R3BORN. Just another thought.
Under HKey_Classes_Root my WMA File default is Windows Media Audio file (WMA)
Whatever it is supposed to be, My rings (WMAs) are working without a problem. (Am I the only one?) I used to have a complex that I was the only one experiencing the problem before.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.

Last edited by Stoney60; 05-28-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone have the 2nd beta that I can download. I installed the 3rd beta of the 6.1 ROM and keep having issues with manilla slowing down and restarting.
Thanks.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond w/ 4R3Born OS 21046 Build 21046
Carrier: Verizon

ehob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Maybe you need to do an A2DP hack?
I have a similar issue with my bluetooth headset on 4R3Born. My BT is connected and I can listen to music. My music pauses and my headset rings when a call comes in, but the voice gets routed to my phone. Any idea what A2DP setting is buggered up?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
Under HKey_Classes_Root my WMA File default is Windows Media Audio file (WMA)
Whatever it is supposed to be, My rings (WMAs) are working without a problem. (Am I the only one?) I used to have a complex that I was the only one experiencing the problem before.

So let me get this right...the Data value under "Default" for that particular key actually spells out "Windows Media Audio File" or does it say "WMAfile"?

Would you mind PM'ing me a list of of what you have installed or post it either way doesn't matter, but I am just curious as to what would change the registry like that (if in fact it did change).

EDIT: oh nevermind, we are talking about two different keys. You are talking about HKCR\WMAFile I was talking bout HKCR\.wma

EDIT#2: there is a mistake in the registry you are talking about as well Stoney...I will elaborate in a minute

Last edited by TREmp77; 05-28-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
So let me get this right...the Data value under "Default" for that particular key actually spells out "Windows Media Audio File" or does it say "WMAfile"?

Would you mind PM'ing me a list of of what you have installed or post it either way doesn't matter, but I am just curious as to what would change the registry like that (if in fact it did change).

EDIT: oh nevermind, we are talking about two different keys. You are talking about HKCR\WMAFile I was talking bout HKCR\.wma

EDIT#2: there is a mistake in the registry you are talking about as well Stoney...I will elaborate in a minute
I'm quite sure my registry doesn't look any different than yours. I didn't restore anything from my backup other than my contacts. I loaded all programs from cabs. Second Today and Weather panel is about it. Nothing that would change anything audio in nature. All I know is that right after I got my phone, I flashed 4.8 and had to change all my rings to WAVs to get my phone to ring. Still had to do that in the first R3born version. I wasn't invited to the first 2 betas, but the most recent has been golden for me. I have deleted all my WAVs (custom rings) All my rings are in the \Windows\Rings folder. I have NEVER seen a corrupt ring file error msg. I check my phone at home every morning to make sure the rings are working as well as several times a day. So far, I don't think I've missed a call.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I didnt think our registries were different especially in that area, thats why I edited my first post, that we were talking about two different folders.

The mistake I am talking about is in the WMAFile folder that you pointed out (even though we were talking about two different ones) thats why I gave you credit. It's just a little deeper in there {WMAFile\Shell\Open\Command\Default} The mistake is "\windows\wmplayer.exe " %1 (note the quotes are in the wrong place and there is a space between .exe and the second quotation mark) it should be WMPlayer.exe "%1" or at the very least \Windows\wmplayer.exe "%1"

I am glad that you and the others that dont have the problem, dont have it, but it is still present and someday will pop up. Whether it is in the SYS or a rogue registry somewhere it is there and I want to have it fixed. So I am trying, to locate odd looking things in there and when you mentioned that folder, I noticed that, so I should hit a thanks button for you, which I think I will do right now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
Does anyone have the 2nd beta that I can download. I installed the 3rd beta of the 6.1 ROM and keep having issues with manilla slowing down and restarting.
Thanks.
-bump
Anyone guys?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development