PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.19.09] MightyROM 4R3BORN & MightyROM5 [NEW BETA's AVAILABLE!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Nice observation Litlpyro. Since i actually do allot of work on computers. I pay attention to the task manager allot and yes Opera (on allot of 6.5 installs) does load with the initial boot sequence if you check task manager. But... the memory that is tied up into that is not much. As far as the battery drain, that i couldn't tell you without hooking it up to a voltage meter to see. But with such small memory usage i don't think it would be too much on the battery, but who knows? Too bad there is not a program out there that will show what is pulling what on your battery.
Thanks. I beleive the original credit should go to MrObvious on this one. I cannot prove it helps battery life, but it seems to have helped me when I delete it from bootlauncher soo.....
Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Nice observation Litlpyro. Since i actually do allot of work on computers. I pay attention to the task manager allot and yes Opera (on allot of 6.5 installs) does load with the initial boot sequence if you check task manager. But... the memory that is tied up into that is not much. As far as the battery drain, that i couldn't tell you without hooking it up to a voltage meter to see. But with such small memory usage i don't think it would be too much on the battery, but who knows? Too bad there is not a program out there that will show what is pulling what on your battery.
I do a fair amount of computer work and coding, so my assumption is that Opera would not be loaded into memory at boot unless it was doing something (just making it appear to load faster when you click on it is not sufficient justification to load it on bootup). With that said, I am not sure what Opera is doing in the background, but I can write an app that has 3 or 4 lines of code and is less than 1K in memory that just checks connectivity with the network once per second and it will absolutely kill your battery.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
There is a theory that when Opera is loaded at boot, it causes a drain on the battery. I beleive this. You need to navigate to:
HKCU\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Apps
Delete the entire Opera9 key.

Then it will not load when the phone first loads and will not run the entire time. Some say this will make the internet a little slower but I have not had any issues with it.
Many people have consistently vouched for this all over the forum. I've tried it myself and it definitely seems to help battery life pretty significantly. If you don't believe it, I encourage you try it yourself and wait till your jaw drops I usually delete this tree right after flashing so it's no issue but I think this would be a great inclusion to the ROM itself so everyone can get that benefit right out of the box.

This one is a must have!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2, Pro, Diamond, Touch, Mogul

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I notice that on the Beta Mighty 5 the screen dims when you lock the phone. Does any one else know how to make it stop doing that or at least make it a little brighter?
Old 05-21-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

zeeyo987 is a n00b

alright so im on MR5 right now and im happy, its great, a couple things though anyway to make the red highlighting and menus like the ones on R3born where it looks like tf3d, and also when i get an incoming call i get this popup call incoming box notification sometimes, thanks
Old 05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCerna View Post
I notice that on the Beta Mighty 5 the screen dims when you lock the phone. Does any one else know how to make it stop doing that or at least make it a little brighter?
You can use advanced config to change that. Look under screen and you can change the backlight lock level. If you look in the files for this thead you should be able to find advanced config. If not let me know and I will repost it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

zeeyo987 is a n00b

oh and trueeddie, you mind sending me the cab for nba 2 go, especially since its lakers game today and ill probably be shopping with my girl...lame, thanks!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
You can use advanced config to change that. Look under screen and you can change the backlight lock level. If you look in the files for this thead you should be able to find advanced config. If not let me know and I will repost it.
Most helpful new member lately in this thread! You rock dude
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Most helpful new member lately in this thread! You rock dude
Thank you for that. I want to take a second and thank everyone who has helped me. I think sites like this rock and I just want to return the appreciation by helping whomever I can. Lets keep this site and especially this thread rocking!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm not sure why that Opera9 key is even cooked in TBH. But I'm still running solid on MR5. I think we can safely say it's not beta anymore. (Once those registry edits are fixed of course like Opera9.exe).

Also it seems like battery life is better than MR4.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development