PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boodaka
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Keep me posted please.

I have a hard time running both threads, and I don't visit this thread very often as i do the touch pro forum, so please pm me if this solution works.

On a side note,

I am coming much closer to getting the diamond rom finished. It's just hard right now considering the feedback im getting in my touchpro thread. I don't need duplicate errors from both roms. Since i don't give you guys many updates, I rather give you a solid one that doesn't have as many bugs!

I am working on a new touchpro build. When that is released, i will port it immediately for the diamond

Thanks for being understanding guys...
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UR TIME, I LIKE THAT THEIR THE TEST BUNNIES HEEHEE

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond (cdma)
Carrier: telus

toosweet4life is a n00b
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Get ready for it....here it comes...Did you flash to your shipped ROM, clear storage then flash 4.8? This has happened to many people and flashing shipped then clear storage fixes it.

Lol, I figured I was going to get that lecture hahah. Actually what's weird is I first did the clear storage, flashed my Stock ROM (I wanted to use my Telus Shipped Rom, but the file I downloaded wasn't a .nhb file, but rather a .exe file) and after I flashed my stock ROM I then proceeded to flash the new mighty rom.

Is it important that I need to do a clear storage in between the flashes as well? Also, can this problem be solved by me just doing a clear storage with the new rom on my phone without having to reflash a rom? Lastly, does it matter if it's Stock or Shipped ROM, or does it specifically have to be one of them?

Again, your help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosweet4life View Post
Lol, I figured I was going to get that lecture hahah. Actually what's weird is I first did the clear storage, flashed my Stock ROM (I wanted to use my Telus Shipped Rom, but the file I downloaded wasn't a .nhb file, but rather a .exe file) and after I flashed my stock ROM I then proceeded to flash the new mighty rom.

Is it important that I need to do a clear storage in between the flashes as well? Also, can this problem be solved by me just doing a clear storage with the new rom on my phone without having to reflash a rom? Lastly, does it matter if it's Stock or Shipped ROM, or does it specifically have to be one of them?

Again, your help is appreciated. Thanks!
It is always better to flash the shipped ROM that came with your device. Also doing a clear storage AFTER a flash is definitely recommended. The reason for this is to completely obliterate any left over garbage from the flash. The reason to flash to your shipped ROM is because that is what was on your device from the factory, and it was what made your original device run smoothly. If a different ROM is used, even though it may be from the same company but a different version, it could leave tracks that could possibly give your phone bugs later.

1. Flash shipped ROM.

2. Flash new ROM.

3. Clear storage.

4. Enjoy.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UR TIME, I LIKE THAT THEIR THE TEST BUNNIES HEEHEE
HEY,

What's whats wrong with bunnies homie??

j/k
Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond (cdma)
Carrier: telus

toosweet4life is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
It is always better to flash the shipped ROM that came with your device. Also doing a clear storage AFTER a flash is definitely recommended. The reason for this is to completely obliterate any left over garbage from the flash. The reason to flash to your shipped ROM is because that is what was on your device from the factory, and it was what made your original device run smoothly. If a different ROM is used, even though it may be from the same company but a different version, it could leave tracks that could possibly give your phone bugs later.

1. Flash shipped ROM.

2. Flash new ROM.

3. Clear storage.

4. Enjoy.

So i guess the final question would be...does anyone have the link to the Telus Shipped Rom? (the file i downloaded from here was just an exe file)

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Good to hear Mike, looking forward to it. Hope things are going well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Keep me posted please.

I have a hard time running both threads, and I don't visit this thread very often as i do the touch pro forum, so please pm me if this solution works.

On a side note,

I am coming much closer to getting the diamond rom finished. It's just hard right now considering the feedback im getting in my touchpro thread. I don't need duplicate errors from both roms. Since i don't give you guys many updates, I rather give you a solid one that doesn't have as many bugs!

I am working on a new touchpro build. When that is released, i will port it immediately for the diamond

Thanks for being understanding guys...

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 04-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosweet4life View Post
So i guess the final question would be...does anyone have the link to the Telus Shipped Rom? (the file i downloaded from here was just an exe file)

Thanks!
You should be able to find what you need here. Scroll down the page a little and there are a list of shipped and stock ROM's.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
Old 04-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
HEY,

What's whats wrong with bunnies homie??

j/k
NADA their our brothers from another mother
Old 04-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
NADA their our brothers from another mother
Old 04-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
You should be able to find what you need here. Scroll down the page a little and there are a list of shipped and stock ROM's.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
I've never flashed to the shipped ROM before flashing a Mighty ROM and so far, so good. But I'm sure at some point I should or will have to. However, the version I need says "Old Shipped ROM (19965, 1.00.00F) available on FTP". What is the FTP site and does it allow anonymous access? Thanks

Edit: I think I found it, but could use some confirmation. The RAR file is called Sprint_Shipped_OLD.rar and it contains a file called RUU_VICTOR_C_SPRINT_WWE_PPST_1.09.651.5_Radio_1.00 .00F_NV_1.44_Ship.exe. Does this sound familiar? (I am still on the original 1.00.00F radio, so I know that I need the "old" shipped ROM.)

Last edited by pixelpop; 04-30-2009 at 11:38 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development