PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 01:21 AM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [March 23rd, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.7 [20771]

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone401 View Post
I tried the rhodium package on the grooverom 4 and my phone works pretty damn good. After I try mightyrom 4.7 for a few days the way it is, I'm gonna load the rhodium package over top of it. I know with the mightyrom the rhodium package will work much smoother than grooverom.
I actually tried the Full Rhodium (the one that was released earlier today)..and I ran it all day on Mighty 4.6.. It ate up all the main memory.. Text messaging reply would give a "SIM Card not entered" error..

My "REmove Programs" appeared blank. .even though I have programs installed.

and task manger would always have an EXE file resident where, if you tried to close it, it would totally crash TF3d.

I think Mighty Is just trying to stay completely Bug Free.. which obviously makes total sense.. I wonder if he could put out a Beta 4.7b or something.. which people could have Rhodium cooked in where it wouldn't eat up that System memory.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
Mike and yourself should NEVER have to say sorry to this forum. You guys do so much for us and you both strive for unparalleled excellence. What more could we ask for? Everyone of us regulars in this forum know that as soon as a problem is found it is already being worked on. We also know that we need to sometimes just sit tight 'cause we know a fix is just around the corner, no apologies necessary.
This is just my humble opinion anyway.
Great work guys............and thank you!
Thanked and +1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

being able to use windows live to setup just an msn-hotmail-live account isnt as important as setting up all types of email using the OS
Old 03-23-2009, 01:24 AM
randyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
What makes the new calender so special? Appointments/Tasks show in it?
I can toss my paid for application "Thumb cal" .. first off.

2nd the Calendar that comes with TF3D HD doesn't do anything. . it's just a picture of calendar that can do a Low Frame - skippy - animated spin to show you the next month.

The Rhodium calendar.. Diamond 2, rather, you can press on an actual day with your finer and set an appointment without leaving TF3D... Keeps us away from the ugly Win Mobile calendar.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint pcs

corleone401 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyist View Post
I actually tried the Full Rhodium (the one that was released earlier today)..and I ran it all day on Mighty 4.6.. It ate up all the main memory.. Text messaging reply would give a "SIM Card not entered" error..

My "REmove Programs" appeared blank. .even though I have programs installed.

and task manger would always have an EXE file resident where, if you tried to close it, it would totally crash TF3d.

I think Mighty Is just trying to stay completely Bug Free.. which obviously makes total sense.. I wonder if he could put out a Beta 4.7b or something.. which people could have Rhodium cooked in where it wouldn't eat up that System memory.
The exe file is the rhodium manila running just like when anybody installed landscape manila before it was cooked in to different roms. With the grooverom 4 my memory is sitting at 44% usage. It hasn't slowed it up at all. I'm sure once all the bugs get removed from the rhodium that will be mightyrom 5 series. Can't wait!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:27 AM
randyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone401 View Post
The exe file is the rhodium manila running just like when anybody installed landscape manila before it was cooked in to different roms. With the grooverom 4 my memory is sitting at 44% usage. It hasn't slowed it up at all. I'm sure once all the bugs get removed from the rhodium that will be mightyrom 5 series. Can't wait!!!

sweet. right on!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

cubbieswin is becoming a great contributor

Downloaded 4.7 and was backing up stuff on my phone. I already did a hard reset and was just about ready to flash.... then I checked on this thread. I'll be waiting for it tonight!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyist View Post
The Rhodium calendar.. Diamond 2, rather, you can press on an actual day with your finer and set an appointment without leaving TF3D... Keeps us away from the ugly Win Mobile calendar.
oh wow thats friggin sweet
Old 03-23-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

My freaking head is spinning reading all this stuff.. My new Diamond will be here in the morning.. And I want to flash it to the mighty rom, but have never flashed a ROM before... Do I just need to unlock the phone per the instructions in the sticky, and then Flash this MightyROM?? Also, with all the ROM updates when I want to update my phone how would I get all of my programs and info back onto the phone..?? Because If im not mistaken you have to hard reset the phone in order to flash the updated ROM.. correct??

Last edited by rawdog805; 03-23-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

cubbieswin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
My freaking head is spinning reading all this stuff.. My new Diamond will be here in the morning.. And I want to flash it to the mighty rom, but have never flashed a ROM before... Do I just need to unlock the phone per the instructions in the sticky, and then Flash this MightyROM?? Also, with all the updates when I want to update my phone how would I get all of my programs and info back onto the phone..?? Because If im not mistaken you have to hard reset the phone in order to flash the updated ROM.. correct??
Read the FAQs at the top of the forum. No one is going to explain it from scratch for you. If you want to be a geek, you have to put your time in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development