PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Mighty Mikes 4.8
Carrier: Telus

Ghostrider is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

I have wifi running all the time at home and data when i'm on the road, my discharge rate is 157ma most of the time when doing nothing specific, i can say that i'm getting at least 10hrs worth on a regular day and upto 15hrs on a slow use day.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
I have wifi running all the time at home and data when i'm on the road, my discharge rate is 157ma most of the time when doing nothing specific, i can say that i'm getting at least 10hrs worth on a regular day and upto 15hrs on a slow use day.
That is probably how mine is but I am also a heavy texter most of the time.

I just set my network to Ev only and its now at 66mA! I found my new soul mate setting. It even goes to 13mA with the screen off. It will jump back up to the 113-166 range when doing things though. Just sent a text and it bumped up to 166 and went back down.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just tried that myself, went down to 61ma i should leave it at that as i have an unlimited data plan; the only problem is i am west of Ottawa and in the country most of the time so getting a EV connection is spotty at best. My wifi is through Rogers Wimax so only get 1.5mb connection anyway. I might try the data setting and see what i get from now on.

Edit. my data connection speed sucks at home... 500kbs so browsing wont be fun.

Last edited by Ghostrider; 02-23-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
Just tried that myself, went down to 61ma =D> i should leave it at that as i have an unlimited data plan; the only problem is i am west of Ottawa and in the country most of the time so getting a EV connection is spotty at best. My wifi is through Rogers Wimax so only get 1.5mb connection anyway. I might try the data setting and see what i get from now on.
Yeah. Souds good just test it out. And here all this time i though 1x was better I guess it is if u have low coverage area but Ev has putt the usage down alot. I just calculated it.
Screen off - 100hrs (13mA)
Doing nothing (screen on) - 19hrs (66mA)
Sending text messages constantly or browsing through phone - 8hrs (166mA)
Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800, Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

RootWind is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx View Post
That is probably how mine is but I am also a heavy texter most of the time.

I just set my network to Ev only and its now at 66mA! I found my new soul mate setting. It even goes to 13mA with the screen off. It will jump back up to the 113-166 range when doing things though. Just sent a text and it bumped up to 166 and went back down.
I never tried on the Diamond, but make you can still receive texts. I know some phones can't receive texts if it is forced into evdo.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

not bothered about texting as i dont use it that often, not on my plan so i get charged.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootWind View Post
I never tried on the Diamond, but make you can still receive texts. I know some phones can't receive texts if it is forced into evdo.
If so I am at least putting it back on Hybrid. 1x only sucks.

Have it on Hybrid and Ev with data connection activated Idle is the same as Ev only mode. Using data connection to update weather its 166mA. So Hybrid with data enabled is still a good solution over 1x only. Keep in mind when using the phone it will hit 166mA (at lest) no matter what the cause. I have not tested everything yet.

I don't know if I am able to receive texts or not yet but will post back soon.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

bharris25 is just getting started

I just want to say I love this rom. But I just noticed what seems to be a bug. When connected to wifi you can't open up the htc album. Not a big deal but kinda wierd. If you try to open the album while wifi is connected then it won't open, but as soon as you turn wifi off it opens. Also if you have the album open and then turn on wifi it won't connect to the access point until you close the wifi. I've never noticed this before just thought I'd see if anyone else has this issue. I am using mighty 4.5.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Ummm yeah.

Any battery drain is caused from whatever else you may have installed.

This rom has the best battery life amogst all roms available for the diamond.

others can vouge for that reputation of my rom
Old 02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

TimBal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Ummm yeah.

Any battery drain is caused from whatever else you may have installed.

This rom has the best battery life amogst all roms available for the diamond.

others can vouge for that reputation of my rom
Definately, battery life is awesome. 5 more hours of battery life per day, minimum.
Current Radio: Sprint 1:11

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development