PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cbt007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 10th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.4.5 | . | BLACKOUT | . | 20764-UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
I'm reposting this because 1) I wasn't very clear in the original post and 2) it was way in the wee hours

When looking at the call log or looking at the contacts list by going thru the dialer, the scroll bar down the right side of the screen is unusably narrow. Is this a reg entry or is it "just the way it is"? Thanks

I am having this problem too. So far it is the only thing I have found to maybe be a bug. It is like half of the scroll bar is off the edge of the screen. And it's just the recent call list when pressing the "Phone" soft key. File Explorer, for example, has normal scroll bars.

Other than that, this is the first custom rom that I have tried and it is slick. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

jump4jay is just getting started
Re: | February 10th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.4.5 | . | BLACKOUT | . | 20764-UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
Please, anyone have Touchpal and NOT having it switch back to the black microsoft keyboard?
Select TouchPal and then soft reset. It should stick after that, it was doing the same thing to me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
Thanks!! It looks like these are reg entries (I will explore them in a sec), but what is "prov xml"? Thanks again.
provisioning xml document.

you reference it in [UC] with your SDConfig.txt using the command;

XML: \Internal Storage\Config.xml

It's a great way to set your registry tweaks after a flash. Mine is huge.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Lil Rico, there is no link for the color volume controls...are they not done yet?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbt007 View Post
I am having this problem too. So far it is the only thing I have found to maybe be a bug. It is like half of the scroll bar is off the edge of the screen. And it's just the recent call list when pressing the "Phone" soft key. File Explorer, for example, has normal scroll bars.

Other than that, this is the first custom rom that I have tried and it is slick. Thanks.
This is because Mike sets his scroll-bars wider than the default settings. If you are running the default settings, you don't see a scroll-bar at all in the recent calls list. You can change the scroll-bar width in the registry setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\cxVScr (13 is the default).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp617 View Post
Immediately after I installed 4.4.5 today, I received a weird text message from 9103 (this happened twice, after the initial flash and hard reset), and just right now received a spam text message from whitley@critchfieldmeats.com. Has anyone experienced this?
The message you get from 9103 is likely because you exited OZ instant messenger without signing out of your IM accounts. To fix this, you will need to login to you IM again (from any IM program) to force a logout on OZ IM.

Last edited by timtlm; 02-10-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
provisioning xml document.

you reference it in [UC] with your SDConfig.txt using the command;

XML: \Internal Storage\Config.xml

It's a great way to set your registry tweaks after a flash. Mine is huge.
i need to figure out how to use that sh*t. there a post that explains it pretty clearly?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboypup View Post
ugh im not getting the black keyboard anymore I think i broke it lol
Which one are you talking about the ms one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgildoss View Post
Does this new one now have the calander, call history, and stock tabs?
No it doesn't have it in there, but I have seriously been thinking about making that addition. If I do it, I'll have to make sure it matches with the theme installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhawk View Post
I love the ROM, but can we please remove the MightyROM on the Opera globe? When I saw it in one of the pics, I thought it was a joke...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
"mightyrom" on internet earth? why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyist View Post
Mighty Created this ROM, Your choice was to download the ROM. Deal with it.

The LEAST Mighty could do is put a measly-small text on a Globe for all the work he puts into Mighty ROM.
^^^ This and.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Mighty and LilRico work very hard on these updates... They deserve a little recognition thats why.

If you dont like it... learn to remove it yourself, or use 4.4.3.

If your complaint doesnt affect funtionality and solely on esthetics, then dont bother posting it. Otherwise we will have a flood of, "I WANT IT XXXX COLOR"
^^^ This

You know, I did the smallest thing possible! I could have made Mighty Mouse fly around the world you know Look... IDK what the problem is not being able to see Florida to Canada on the globe and you literally have to be looking very hard to see it! If it bothers you that much, then get the 2 required Manila files to remove it. I cannot believe how much people sweat MightyMikes splash screen and now the globe I made when we busted our asses for hours for you to enjoy your phone and we ASK FOR NOTHING in return, but thanks! Remember, the upgrade is free, the servers to you is free, the electric bill we pay is also free to you, so because of that I added 9 letters, tried to do it tastefully, and I made it shadow the world. It is a small price to pay for when what you're getting is a very good end product by my standards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris25 View Post
Love the rom Mike, just a question what happened to the voice recorder? It doesn't have the ability to fast forward anymore. You used to be able to use the stylus to drag the doohicky forward instead of having to listen to the whole recording. I saw you updated the app at the beginning of 4.0 and I just noticed, just recently started using your rom. I was on juicy until a couple weeks ago. Nice work on the roms, everyone just seems to be getting better and better.
ICR is something I'm looking into and LOL... You said "doohickey!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecism View Post
Lil Rico,

Looking forward to the Orange/Black (really, I'm looking for Amber/Black, which is:
RGBB (r, g, b) (255, 126, 0) (This is SAE/ECE Amber)

I am patient...thanks again; I owe you a round a drinks (and MightyMike several more).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecism View Post
LilRico,

I posted the "official" Amber RGB numbers above (from Wikipedia). That might help.

Amber (traditional) is RGBB (r, g, b) (255, 191, 0)
SAE Amber (more orangey, the "standard") is RGBB (r, g, b) (255, 126, 0)

I'm not sure which would look better with the black theme...I'd love to have them both.

I wonder if it's too much trouble to have an app that let's you change this on the fly (just input the RGB and off you go). (this is not directed at you, but to all PPCGeekers)

I guess we'd need a developer for that...unless it already exists.

That way, someone could tweak the color they want without having you have to accomodate every taste.
Please send me that info in a PM because I'm going to have a hard time finding it again here. all I need is the RGB, so I can get the hue, saturation settings I like. Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
post #4 also has some cabs in that thread as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilp View Post
I found an annoyance with SMS...I'm not sure if it's me, or it's the ROM, but either way it's annoying.

I'm running 4.1 right now...I've got everything set up how I like, so I haven't really had a need to flash. This weekend I tried flashing to 4.4.4, and today to 4.4.5, and I have seen this issue with both.

When composing a SMS, I use the full QWERTY input method. I type in the first couple letters of the contact's name (eg Sus for Susan). In 4.1, it brings up the name and phone number right away, which I can accept by hitting enter.

In 4.4.4/4.4.5, after I've typed the Sus, it comes up with the word completion (which is strange, because I've disabled it). I hit enter, and then it shows the name and phone number, which I can accept by hitting enter again.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a change in how the input in SMS works?

Thanks!
4.4.5 is the ROM you should use. I believe this issue has been resolved. I don't have my personal Diamond, so I'm not able to double check for you, but to my knowledge it has been corrected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrimmer View Post
Ok so that's just not me... I noticed today that the black keyboard is only there for the "Keyboard" setting and not Full QWERY or Compact QWERTY.

Not a huge deal i'd rather have the landscape keyboard as opposed to the black if I had to choose.

Cheers,
As of right now, we cannot have the Full QWERY and Compact QWERTY keyboards in black because of issues we get when we go to Full QWERY and in landscape mode. Trust me, Mike wanted it last release, but it is very hard to get it done. There's more then skins involved to get it to work, but it is something we're looking into because we would have liked to of had ALL of the keyboards black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Hey Mike and Rico, the only thing I can complain about with this rom is the Vista style Start Menu icon sticks out like a sore thumb since the rom went to BLACKOUT, other than that its perfect
When I get home, you will receive a PM with your HTC start logo as soon as I finish it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Lil Rico, there is no link for the color volume controls...are they not done yet?
Yes they are done, but IDK how I want to implement it.... Either give you a .rar file so you can extract the png, or make a .cab. Mike is the one that will decide, but yes, they are 100% completed. Tonight I will have them up. Last night was a crazy night trying to get those themes done for the ROM release.

Last edited by LilRico; 02-10-2009 at 02:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbello81 View Post
i need to figure out how to use that sh*t. there a post that explains it pretty clearly?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45674

link in that post to a thread on XDA with great info. Great info in the ppc geeks one too, especiallynice is the section on how to UC your email accounts.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

couldnt have put it better myself rico... some people just dont understand. n00bs will be n00bs
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
couldnt have put it better myself rico... some people just dont understand. n00bs will be n00bs
Thanks bro!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development