PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Juicy's ROM, Sprint and me?

you can always go with my rom (Mighty Stable Rom 1.4)

sprint version has the neon manila homescreen, and all sprint apps included!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

KnoxRover is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
you can always go with my rom (Mighty Stable Rom 1.4)

sprint version has the neon manila homescreen, and all sprint apps included!

Right but there is still the missing Pic Mail issue.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It has been said before, Sprint TV, Sprint Navi, Picture Mail and Music Store can all be added to custom ROMs, just do some searching. One page back someone already put up the links, just follow the signs.

I've had my Sprint Diamond for about 3 weeks now and it spent about 2 days on the stock ROM when I decided to try Juicy's ROM JUST because I always liked the stock HTC minimal and AWESOME black/white/gray theme since I first saw vids and pics of the Diamond and Raphael back in april. And then I saw all the great benefits it seemed to have over the Sprint stock ROM. Just for kicks I backed everything up and went back to stock for one day to compare and I started getting pissed off at my phone, music paused every now and then, the earpiece volume was to low, battery life SUCKED (without reg tweaks wich are already done with the Juicy ROMs), the neon Sprint theme makes me sick to my stomach and the performance seemed like a sputtering 4 banger while Juicy's feels more like a turbo charged boxer engine or at least a small block V8, it still sputters every now and then if you try hard enough. The absolute ONLY gripe I have about the Juicy ROMs is that the libgles_cm.dll driver for 3D accelerated games is broken, all accelerated versions of games give a white screen and no vid output. Hopefully will get fixed soon so that I can show of some Call of Duty 2 to my co-workers.

And now that the Verizon Radio has been ported to work on all CDMA Diamonds its EVEN BETTER!!! So stop waiting around, do your research, unlock your Diamonds potential with an HSPL unlock, flash Juicy's latest 2.5 ROM and the VZW Radio and do yourself a favor and squeeze every penny of the $250+ you just spent on your new toy.

Last edited by nttdemented; 10-24-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:25 AM
renniew98

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

What are the benifits to installing VZW Radio? I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything this phone can do. Its my first PPC and have been researching, installing, and playing around with many programs to help the phone run better for me and my usage but i dont quite understand radios.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ret2961 is becoming a great contributor

you know when I started this thread I was looking for a reason to switch, and I certainly don't doubt the work of the people who are giving that work to us, for free, with the ROMs.

My concern was simple, as I am a simple guy. The Sprint ROM ain't bad for me, I do use the Sprint stuff, and I was looking for a tweaked but still Sprint ROM base. I really didn't want to install the Sprint stuff on a Telus ROM (I don't know enough about this honestly). There have been a lot of great chefs, I've just been holding back waiting for that Sprint version for dummies like me can use.

But, since I'm a dummy, what ARE the benefits? Are the cooked ROMs faster? Better performance? I can't seem to find exactly, in dummy terms, what is better that a non-power user would know or see...

Thanks
Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G, Blackberry Bold

Deval is keeping up the good workDeval is keeping up the good work

Basically it just makes the phone run faster, better, smoother, and longer battery life, and also removes stuff we may not need and use.

I am new to Windows Mobile myself, but have caught up really quickly, and love the custom roms
My replies and comments contain my opinion on the matters which have been posted, and do not represent the rules, policies and regulations of my employer and should not be taken as such.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxRover View Post
Right but there is still the missing Pic Mail issue.
What issue? It is in MSR 1.4 and working fine.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

I pulled all the cabs from the phone before updating.
Juicys ROM made a big difference in the phone, Plus i didn't like the neon graphics.
Reinstalled the Picture Mail, SprintTV and SprintNav. I didn't know what the others where so figured if I don't know i don't need them.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

rhamburger is just getting started

You can use OMJs rom. It is made specifically with sprint in mind. All of the sprint apps work and it looks just like the stock rom as far as the theme goes. The only visual difference is the clock, it is the flip clock but that thing is way cooler than the generic sprint clock. You can find his rom here on these forums.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development