PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

bobbenedetti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/20/08] Juicy ROM 2.0 [TELUS & SPRINT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
you can use pophm or telus smtp servers. pophm is hotmail it doesnt care what ip/ISP your coming from.

but u can also use smtp.telus.net its easier because it dont require ssl
I just set up my sympatico account and it works fine using the telus smtp server without authentication. I rarely use my sympatico account so I went back to my setup on my desktop and realized that when Sympatico switched me to "enhanced" email the server username became my email address (firstname.lastname@sympatico.ca instead of the b1 number and whatever password I selected (not the password for my sympatico account)
On the Diamond if you select authentication for incoming mail on the advanced server page it automatically sets the correct port number

Good luck
Old 09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbenedetti View Post
I just set up my sympatico account and it works fine using the telus smtp server without authentication. I rarely use my sympatico account so I went back to my setup on my desktop and realized that when Sympatico switched me to "enhanced" email the server username became my email address (firstname.lastname@sympatico.ca instead of the b1 number and whatever password I selected (not the password for my sympatico account)
On the Diamond if you select authentication for incoming mail on the advanced server page it automatically sets the correct port number

Good luck
sympatico changed there server settings. your now required to use the pop hm and smtp hm server and your loging is youremail@sympatico.ca and your password is separate from your dsl access password.

they also failed to tell there existing customers this being a pc tech ive had to fix about 200 sympatico customers email because of this. you have to call to set up the password for your email account. sympatico is slowly shutting down there old pop and smtp servers so one day you will be forced onto the hotmail servers.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

Update:

I've been tinkering with every single possible application that I could get my hands on for the Diamond on the 2.0 rom & i havent run into a single crash, bug, freeze or error at all. I've been pushing the limits on this rom with running multiple apps at once. Here's what I did;

(100% battery)
2:00pm
Running: TomTom7, Opera & Live Messenger
Switching back and forth from programs, browsing the web, chatting with a few friends and setting up TomTom7 preferences

2:30pm
Running: TomTom 7, and setting up exchange server and webmail on Outlook.
So far, smooth switching between apps & battery power now showing 85% (only missing one bar)

3:30pm
Running: Opera, Messenger, and send about 15 text messages - been browsing the internet on the phone for about 30mins now...
Battery at 85% still

4:30pm
Went for a drive, had TomTom running and following me. Took 3 phone calls and was on the phone for about 30 mins all together - Sat in a 20 minute tim hortons drive through line up and watched a few youtube videos.....

4:50pm - Battery at 80%

I just cant seem to get this rom to throw any issues at me....
Old 09-22-2008, 07:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, Juicy Roms

waynech is just getting started

Ok, Now that I have read EVERY post to ensure that I am on the curve, instead of lagging behind it, I have a few comments.

As for the Bell/ Telus tower thing, they both established reciprocal aggreements a few years ago because Telus' strength was in the West while Bell's was in the east. If you look at both of their coverage maps, they are no different.

I installed Juicy 2.0 last night and have experience an issue today with running Opera in Landscape, similar to a recent post. I was reading this forum on the way to work this morning, in landscape and had no issue even though I was on a bouncy bus, but coming home it was a different story. Every time I rotated to landscape, within a few seconds another Opera session would start, (as verified in the task manager.

When I first got my phone, even on the Telus Rom I had the +1 issue. My exchange server puts the + in front of every number. I had to go into the Phone settings and set the Plus code dialing option to disable and Auto prepend to enable and now all my calls dial as planned.

Bottom line guys Keep up the fantastic work. It is appreciated by most.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: [09/20/08] Juicy ROM 2.0 [TELUS & SPRINT]

Here's the Sprint verison for Juicy 2.0

Calls are clear, but are interrupted by random dialing of previous numbers (I do not think it is screen contact with my face, as it has occurred even though the screen is off). Random disconnects despite strong signal strength. The rom runs fine otherwise. Internet is ok. TF3D is fast and responsive. So other than the total crummy call issues (and the keyboard numbers missing) all else is fine.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynech View Post
Ok, Now that I have read EVERY post to ensure that I am on the curve, instead of lagging behind it, I have a few comments.

As for the Bell/ Telus tower thing, they both established reciprocal aggreements a few years ago because Telus' strength was in the West while Bell's was in the east. If you look at both of their coverage maps, they are no different.

I installed Juicy 2.0 last night and have experience an issue today with running Opera in Landscape, similar to a recent post. I was reading this forum on the way to work this morning, in landscape and had no issue even though I was on a bouncy bus, but coming home it was a different story. Every time I rotated to landscape, within a few seconds another Opera session would start, (as verified in the task manager.

When I first got my phone, even on the Telus Rom I had the +1 issue. My exchange server puts the + in front of every number. I had to go into the Phone settings and set the Plus code dialing option to disable and Auto prepend to enable and now all my calls dial as planned.

Bottom line guys Keep up the fantastic work. It is appreciated by most.
Thank you waynech. I'm glad you are enjoying my ROM.

Plus Code errors will be fixed in 2.1
Old 09-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I had a bit of an odd issue, I installed sensor lock, worked great as far as locking the phone goes, however when it was locked and someone would call me, I'd only be able to answer about 1/3-4 times, other times, it just kept ringing until it would go into voicemail. I figured it was a sensorlock issue, uninstalled it, installed s2u2, enables slide to answer, same thing, i'd slide it all the way, it wouldn't answer the call. By now, I'm thinking the phone will just not let me put any kind of answer prevention software on it, so I uninstalled s2u2, get an incoming call and still cannot answer it. Any ideas here? This is with the 2.0 ROM on the sprint diamond.

The other question, are you building the sprint rom based on a sprint rom or a telus rom because it seems to me that more of the g-sensor applications work with the sprint rom such as gsen (even though still buggy but better than not at all with the telus)

And finally, if you need any beta testers for the sprint rom, I'm willing to "sacrafice" Let me know.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Milestone

Blue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBlue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBlue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBlue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm back from my trip...Will update the site and hopefully post a vid review of the new ROM in next day or so...

Thanks Juicy!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1k View Post
I'm back from my trip...Will update the site and hopefully post a vid review of the new ROM in next day or so...

Thanks Juicy!
wait on 2.1 its got a few small things we missed

Welcome back
Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Milestone

Blue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBlue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBlue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBlue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Arggh...ok

I am dying to try V2 but I will wait till 2.1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development