PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/10/08] JUICY ROM v1.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotropolis View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post, but I have been reading for about a week. I just got the HTC Touch diamond, and like you all have noticed that it isnt perfect.

I have added a few cabs (Diamond Tweaks 0.5 and TF3D Config) to help with the battery issues and other functionality.

Since I am a total noob, I need to ask some dumb questions:

1) In all your versions of the Juicy rom, does 1.07 have all the functionality of 1.00?
2) In regards to GPS, I noticed that there was a tutorial on how to fix up the GPS settings and registry etc. but do I need to do this if I Flash the latest juicy rom? (v. 1.07)

3) Where can I learn more about cooking my own roms? I want to contribute. Does any formal programming language being used to cook these roms, or is it just based off of Microsoft languages (Asp.net etc.)?

4) Has anybody ever bricked their phone by flashing a non-carrier rom?

Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work.

If i end up flashing a rom, I will definitely contribute.

Neo
1) yes

2) Not sure. I had done these tweaks before I did my ROMs. So you can always flash my 1.07 and then if it still isn't up to snuff, do the tweaks.

3) there are some great tutorials here on ppcgeeks; just search. You can use Ghetto's Kitchen.

4) probably, but no one here has bricked using my roms (to my knowledge)
Old 09-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotropolis View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post, but I have been reading for about a week. I just got the HTC Touch diamond, and like you all have noticed that it isnt perfect.

I have added a few cabs (Diamond Tweaks 0.5 and TF3D Config) to help with the battery issues and other functionality.

Since I am a total noob, I need to ask some dumb questions:

1) In all your versions of the Juicy rom, does 1.07 have all the functionality of 1.00?
2) In regards to GPS, I noticed that there was a tutorial on how to fix up the GPS settings and registry etc. but do I need to do this if I Flash the latest juicy rom? (v. 1.07)

3) Where can I learn more about cooking my own roms? I want to contribute. Does any formal programming language being used to cook these roms, or is it just based off of Microsoft languages (Asp.net etc.)?

4) Has anybody ever bricked their phone by flashing a non-carrier rom?

Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work.

If i end up flashing a rom, I will definitely contribute.

Neo
1) Please read the change log on the first post it will tell you exactly whats added and removed from the stock rom.

2)all you will need to do is edit your GPSone settings in gpst as that walktrough states. juicy's rom already incorporates the registry entries.

3)i dont know much about cooking so i cannot answer this sorry

4)yes bricking your phone is always a possiblity, alwyas read carefully and follow the instruction. inorder to flash a rom you will have to unlock your device first. thats the most dangerous part since you are flashing the boot loader.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nub4life is a n00b

I'm trying to watch http://www.megavideo.com/?v=MQVZIPHR on Opera, but everytime I hit the "play" button in the middle of the screen, it loads the stupid ad instead. Am I clicking wrong?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nub4life View Post
I'm trying to watch http://www.megavideo.com/?v=MQVZIPHR on Opera, but everytime I hit the "play" button in the middle of the screen, it loads the stupid ad instead. Am I clicking wrong?
the first time i clicked it on my desktop it opened a new tab.

after leaving the tab open i clicked again, and it played.

I've since repeated the effort on my phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
k thats good,

when u get the call key do you see the gps icon in the top right. should be white circle with a cross in it. that means locked. if it is crossed out it means there is no lock
I'm not sure I follow?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nub4life is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
the first time i clicked it on my desktop it opened a new tab.

after leaving the tab open i clicked again, and it played.

I've since repeated the effort on my phone.
I didn't have it zoomed all the way in, and when I did, it worked perfectly. thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
I'm not sure I follow?
ill do screen. wait a few flashing 1.08 Beta
Old 09-11-2008, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: telus

billo0071 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
I've added "rotate screen support", meaning you can reassign your long press call key to rotate the screen (settings>buttons>rotate screen). It will not do this, "automatically"
Don't see rotate in (settings>buttons>rotate screen)
Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by billo0071 View Post
Don't see rotate in (settings>buttons>rotate screen)
what rom Version are you on this was a known bug in an earlier version.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
ill do screen. wait a few flashing 1.08 Beta
Ok...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development