PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/08/08] JUICY ROM v1.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
How do we donate?
I don't have a paypal account set-up and contemplating whether I should. If there is some genuine interest I will set-up an account.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedwo View Post
What is this OTA PRL and all *228XX numbers ? And why should I care?
*22803 option 1 option 2 will update PRL
*22803 option 1 option 1 will reprogram your handset... useful if you goofed up your QPST
Old 09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboy75 View Post
Absolutely wonderful... ROM works like a charm, you should work for Telus! Thank you very much and look forward to future releases.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by undisputed1 View Post
Hey, thanks for taking the time to make this it's an incredible upgrade. I am having one problem tho the RSS reader doesn't seem to want to open the web pages redirected from the reader. I get an error message when I click the read more online link.
There is a problem with how this was packaged in Ghetto/Tobey's kitchen. I may remove the whole thing and let users add this on via .cab file.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

SINasTER is a n00b
Post Re: [09/08/08] JUICY ROM v1.06

This rom looks very much like the original Telus rom... Was there alot of stuff added or striped off of it?? What is new?? Does it give more battery life?? Is it stable enough to do Torrents (Telus's rom doesnt like it too much and crashes sometimes!)

The things I am looking for in a new rom:

The original look for Telus (I deal with sales rep from Telus and dont want to loose waranty)

Better battery life... WAY BETTER!!!

Smoother running GglMaps (on the original Telus when driving the dot can have severe lagging, and I mean more than the iPhone)

TF3D... with all the tabs or at least the important ones (home, mail, sms, contacts, pictures & videos, music player, browser, weather, programs) and that's pretty much everything except for all settings wich Im not lazy enough not to go to the start menu

If this rom doesnt have all that im asking for please tell me what would be missing and if you know of a rom I could like please suggest it...

Thank you very much for all your help guys!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
1) Run QuickGPS
2) Go outside and try again

Press the "call" key, in the dialer it should show a cross/circle .... if it is not striken out with a vertical line, it means the GPS is working.
Ok, I stuck my hand out the window and it locked with 10 sats. Walked in, and watched it go down to 3, 2, 1.. and then 0, lol. I guess it won't work under a roof in the skies.

Either way, it worked.
Now my question is, it doesn't seem to automatically get the data working like TELUS' original ROM did.

Another thing is the circle with a diagonal line across it in the phone section is present. But GPS seems to be working?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Hey Devileyez, you said you hook up with exchange server, can you please report if after setting up with exchange, does your lock button work?

long-key press to lock phone (start>settings>long key press>lock device)

please report, so i can finally upgrade my rom lol!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shivraj is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
You must pay for maps. You can find them at www.tomtom.com
id rather download mine.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER View Post
This rom looks very much like the original Telus rom... Was there alot of stuff added or striped off of it?? What is new?? Does it give more battery life?? Is it stable enough to do Torrents (Telus's rom doesnt like it too much and crashes sometimes!)

The things I am looking for in a new rom:

The original look for Telus (I deal with sales rep from Telus and dont want to loose waranty)

Better battery life... WAY BETTER!!!

Smoother running GglMaps (on the original Telus when driving the dot can have severe lagging, and I mean more than the iPhone)

TF3D... with all the tabs or at least the important ones (home, mail, sms, contacts, pictures & videos, music player, browser, weather, programs) and that's pretty much everything except for all settings wich Im not lazy enough not to go to the start menu

If this rom doesnt have all that im asking for please tell me what would be missing and if you know of a rom I could like please suggest it...

Thank you very much for all your help guys!
This ROM adds a lot, mainly a lot of tweaks and fixes to make the overall phone function much better. Including better battery life, much more sensitive G-sensor, and fluent navigation in TF3D. No third party applications, yet. TT7 may be added, but it looks like Juicy47 wants the end user to chose what applications they'd like on their phones.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Hey Devileyez, you said you hook up with exchange server, can you please report if after setting up with exchange, does your lock button work?

long-key press to lock phone (start>settings>long key press>lock device)

please report, so i can finally upgrade my rom lol!
Might not install Exchange yet. Just going to make sure everything works fine first before having to reflash everything and reset everything, lol. But I'll keep you posted. Might do this for the next couple days though..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development