PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/06/08] JUICY ROM v1.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedwo View Post
The correct behaviour should be:

- do not turn ON data connection
- if no active connection found (cell data or WiFi), display warning. (this is how the original ROM works).
That's true, but I have the unlimited data for $15/mo on, as many others and have disabled the warning/notice on purpose as it is a bit annoying.

I believe you can install a "no data" .cab file that is floating around on this forum or xda and solve the problem. Or you can just get the unlimited data option
Old 09-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOuch diamond

valiant13 is a n00b

question, how does PIM backup work? i tried installing through dotfred on my diamond, but it doesn't install it self as a program in my program list, although the pim bacxkup screen prorgam appears and i'm able to use it when i first install, after that i can't find the program to restore again
Old 09-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Umm... It seems that when I go to the weather tab and select update, it automaticall turns ON my 'Data Connection'.

How do I disable that? I only want my Data Connection turned ON when I manually do it. Not automatically.

Mainly because my plan doesn't have data on it.
umm what do you expect when you click update? it to make up the information? i needs a connection and if you have no current connection (wifi, Active sync or data connection) it automatically initiates the default connection which is the data package.

i dont see how ur complaining about this, you clicked the update button and initiated the data connection.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by valiant13 View Post
question, how does PIM backup work? i tried installing through dotfred on my diamond, but it doesn't install it self as a program in my program list, although the pim bacxkup screen prorgam appears and i'm able to use it when i first install, after that i can't find the program to restore again
I can't speak for the .cab install. I have done a custom OEM that relocates the PIMBackup shortcut to the Settings menu.

It is self explanatory from there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Diamond

sedwo is just getting started

Juggalo_X,

I don't want it to initiate a connection unless I give it one. And that is by giving it WiFi or manually turning ON the cell data connection.

Otherwise, it shouldn't be doing things behind my back that I don't want it. What's the point then of having the feature to turn OFF the cell Data Connection, if it's going to just turn it ON all by itself again.

NO means NO.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Juggalo_X,

I don't want it to initiate a connection unless I give it one. And that is by giving it WiFi or manually turning ON the cell data connection.

Otherwise, it shouldn't be doing things behind my back that I don't want it. What's the point then of having the feature to turn OFF the cell Data Connection, if it's going to just turn it ON all by itself again.

NO means NO.
again i quote you
Quote:
Umm... It seems that when I go to the weather tab and select update, it automatically turns ON my 'Data Connection'.
when you click update it connects its doing exactly what its designed to do. don't click update. and it wont connect. if you have a wifi connection it will use that instead if you have an activesync connection it will attempt to use that to update but if you have neither it will ALWAYS dial you data plan if you select update.

you can always set your data plan to disconnect after 1min of inactivity anyways.

and lastly. my weather tab NEVER connects to update unless its updating like its scheduled to do once a day or i click update.

the only way to stop this auto connect is to tell it to not update automatically under settings. with the amount of data it actually pushes and pulls (mere bytes) its not a big deal. also your not charged for dormant data connections only when an xfer of data is made.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Diamond

sedwo is just getting started

Anyway, the nodata.cab Juicy recommended seems like it did the job.

I'll keep hacking around the phone today to see if anything else pops up. But I must admit, it is snappier.

Good job guys!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Anyway, the nodata.cab Juicy recommended seems like it did the job.

I'll keep hacking around the phone today to see if anything else pops up. But I must admit, it is snappier.

Good job guys!
Good to hear you found a solution to the data connection issue.

you must have no data plan i assume.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have been running the new rom for about an hour. i agree, it feels faster and more responsive. The GPS locked on really fast and I got a ton of satelites. so far, i haven't had any problems or seen anything that needs to be changed up, but ill get back to you
Old 09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Monster is just getting started

When you say, "enabled Landscape support," what exactly does this mean?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development