PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

woollettbaseball is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Unlocking, Relocking, and Flashing

mine keeps saying connection error...i think im doing everything right..guess not
Old 04-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfuthug View Post
I have a question I have not found an answer for. If I unlock my Telus CDMA HTC Touch Diamond will it still continue to work with Telus? Will anything need to be re-programmed in to make a phone call after unlock??? Has anyone had any problems with this??? Please help as I am anxious to have GPS turned on (Pisses me off Telus disables this)

Thanks
Yes. it will work with Telus. You are just unlocking the device to be able to flash new custom roms and radios if you so choose. you should check and see which custom roms are compatible with telus, meaning if the chef indicates the rom is generic, your good or if they list the carriers the rom is compatible with. good luck!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by woollettbaseball View Post
mine keeps saying connection error...i think im doing everything right..guess not
What error message are you seeing. error 262 or what number? Actually on page 4 of this thread, post 35 there is a complete list of errors and what they mean which should help with figuring out the problem. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Riley; 04-21-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: No idea

luxeluxe is a n00b
Red face Re: How To: Unlocking, Relocking, and Flashing

oops, nev mind, seemed the rom i d/l had issues. : )

Last edited by luxeluxe; 04-22-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

As far as I know, ALL ROMs in this forum work for ALL of the CDMA carriers in NA. (this does not include the shipped .exe files) The ROMs here only change your OS, they don't change any EPST settings or flash a new PRL.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

ajanderson78 is a n00b

Well I've tried everything and its now time to ask for help.....
I have a sprint diamond, stock rom, unlocked, with hrd spl, and I have fallowed all the direction several times but I cannot get it to flash a new rom. When i take my nbh file and move it to the ruu folder it won't let me do anything after that. An error pops up and wants to use the net to find a program to open up the file???? I'm stuck......I've also tried other forums ways of flashing and still no luck. It's prob something simple I'm missing but any help would be great......

Thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajanderson78 View Post
Well I've tried everything and its now time to ask for help.....
I have a sprint diamond, stock rom, unlocked, with hrd spl, and I have fallowed all the direction several times but I cannot get it to flash a new rom. When i take my nbh file and move it to the ruu folder it won't let me do anything after that. An error pops up and wants to use the net to find a program to open up the file???? I'm stuck......I've also tried other forums ways of flashing and still no luck. It's prob something simple I'm missing but any help would be great......

Thanks
If you have confirmed that your device is unlocked, then you just need to download the custom rom of your choice to your desktop, establish a sync connection, then make sure to extract the rar file (most of rar files) to a folder on your computer. use winrar in case you dont have it, search downloads.com and you can get it. its a trial for 40 days but works after that as well so dont worry. Once you extract the rom to a folder, it is already packaged to flash. just make sure you connected via a sync (xp) or wmdc (vista) and within the folder select ROMUpdateUtility and follow the prompts. you do not need to take the nbh out and move it to another ruu.

now some of other roms are exe which are easier since you dont need to extract them, just download the exe to your pc and establish a sync and flash away. Hope this helps. ** i do know it says to take the nbh out but its not necessary since most roms are packaged already to flash by our chefs. Good luck!

Last edited by Riley; 04-24-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nismo95tt is just getting started

Thanks for this info!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ajanderson78 is a n00b

It's amazing how you can overlook the small things. I figured it out, wasn't holding down the back key when entering bootloader.... once i did this it flashed perfect. Thanks to all you guys who spend the time to write this out and explain things to us lil guys!
Old 04-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

That's what you get for flashing from internal memory!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
mts rom