PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/12/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21891 / 28014 / 23529]

amikam, this ROM (23529) is quite fast and stable, initially I was concerned about the LZX compression, but no noticeable slowdown

Also got the manila TV installed to replace the footprints,
all I need to do is get some xml edits to get the channels and should be set for a week
thanks for the ROM
Old 02-13-2010, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [2/12/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21891 / 28014 / 23529]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
I really like this idea to see in your ROM (using cab for easy uninstall, update, CHANGE TO OTHER LANGUAGE VERSION, etc, etc). It is necesary to include in the ROM the cabs on Windows folder?? can we deleted or move this cabs out of windows folder later??

This is just a wish, anything you decide is totaly OK for me (don't wanna push to much). If it is posible also "Facebook", "Windows Live", "MyPhone", "Windows Market", "Resco Explorer" or "Totalcommander" or "anygame" to not be include inside the ROM or if it will be include on it could it be in CABs version please (I think you said it more clear than me Amikam). I really don't think it is to much work IF everyone install later that CABs (I left in the "Internal Storage" all my installers and Destinator Apps, for install later), anyway I don't Flash everyweek.
ok, so as far as my cab's idea... it think i can skip it since there isn't really anything missing in the rom besides opera and google maps and maybe to some people some more software, but most can be found on the links on the third post.
as far as some of the things u mentioned... they are already in the rom, and facebook isn't cuz i just use fim, all i do in facebook is chat with friends back home.(im studying in the U.S. but originally form Israel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I meant like the MightyROM4 clock, this is not the best picture, but something like this - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1237949790
i was going to do something like pewter about the clock...
something like this: but not the same colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaichan829 View Post
All I can say is WOW and THANKS!!!
Thanks for the comment.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 02-13-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
amikam, this ROM (23529) is quite fast and stable, initially I was concerned about the LZX compression, but no noticeable slowdown

Also got the manila TV installed to replace the footprints,
all I need to do is get some xml edits to get the channels and should be set for a week
thanks for the ROM
no problem... thanks for the comment.
if u don't mind sharing the cab for manila tv and xml's download locations if u have any... that would be nice, so i can add it to the links post.
thanks
Old 02-14-2010, 03:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA

randyamante is a n00b
Re: [2/12/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21891 / 28014]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok... new 23529 is up...
not 90 mb free... but close... about 87
I've been using 23529 since you uploaded it. So far everything seems to be working well except closing programs. Seems to be zippier as well. I installed OMJ's Xtask 2.15 cab to see if it would help. I still have to use tasklist (upper right corner) to completely close a program. Maybe a setting I'm missing? Thanks for a great rom.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyamante View Post
I've been using 23529 since you uploaded it. So far everything seems to be working well except closing programs. Seems to be zippier as well. I installed OMJ's Xtask 2.15 cab to see if it would help. I still have to use tasklist (upper right corner) to completely close a program. Maybe a setting I'm missing? Thanks for a great rom.
i actually have Xtask cooked into the rom... but i don't use 6.5.x myself.. so i can't really address your problem in the best way.
maybe try installing a different 6.5.x task manager program... i think i heard once about a think called ameba, or something like that.
like i said i can't help too much. but, if u do find a solution let me know so i can make sure it's fixed in future releases.
thanks.

edit:
try looking here:
XTask
i think there should be a setting for it in the start menu somewhere.... if not u would find it in the windows folder...
if that actually solves it.. ill make sure it will be fixed in my future releases.

Last edited by amikam; 02-14-2010 at 03:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

castnorth is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

been running \MikROM 21887 (January 25, 2010) for the last couple of weeks (must be a record since i started flashing) (-; Trying out 23529 tonight.

Thanks for the great roms
Old 02-14-2010, 04:07 AM
N00b

randyamante is a n00b

Quote:
i actually have Xtask cooked into the rom... but i don't use 6.5.x myself.. so i can't really address your problem in the best way.
maybe try installing a different 6.5.x task manager program... i think i heard once about a think called ameba, or something like that.
like i said i can't help too much. but, if u do find a solution let me know so i can make sure it's fixed in future releases.
thanks.

edit:
try looking here:
XTask
i think there should be a setting for it in the start menu somewhere.... if not u would find it in the windows folder...
if that actually solves it.. ill make sure it will be fixed in my future releases.
Hi, thanks for the link. Tried out Xtask from this site. Checked the settings per instructions. Still not closing programs. I'm sure I'm missing something. Gotta catch some zzzz's. Will pick it up tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: [2/12/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21891 / 28014]

Quote:
i actually have Xtask cooked into the rom...
Sorry Amikam, Are you talking about this 23529 wm 6.5.x ROM??
I use "search" tool but don't find "xtask" file in the phone.

WOW very stable ROM, congratulations!!!
After I install
Weather City Editor (for add unlisted global cities to HTC weather), Resco Explorer 2010, Opera 10, Bing, Facebook, WindowsLive&Messenger, MyPhone, PPC-PIM-Backup, Mobipocket, Skype, MyMobiler, Spanish FingerKeyboard, NFS_undercover_Gsensor, Panoramic BlackJack, and few mores I still have 68mb device storage WOW!!! (even I had already run and configure all the programs, and download my 3 imap emails account and restore all my Contacts and SMS messages).

1.- I like HTC album is fix now. bravo =D>!!!
2.- I like all the extras cut off (as ringtones,etc,etc,etc)
3.- I like this Softreset, more than PsShutXP.
4.- I like more this Manila Lock (but to me is hard to read the little notification NUMBERS, even when I use eyeglasses, I guess I'm "nearsighted", LOL) HOW can I change them to make it "bold" number or bigger size??
5.- I like Java, Wifi-sharing, setvolumne, QuickGps, Search, Xt9 and also Task manager 3.1
6.- Like SMS fuction well and integrated with People, and People Sense with social network.
7.- I like the custom ICONS, (sorry but many loose when I change "WindowsLive" & "messenger", "MyPhone", "facebook", "Bing").
8.- I like I can install FingerKeyboard with Spanish language.
9.- I like transparent CLOCK, I remmember there are a Black Calculator Skin in the kitchen, also a dialer I think.
10.- I like Office 2010
11.- I like Battery number indicator, and all the little icons upstair.
12.- ***** I forgot to DENOTE I LIKE a LOT your rom don't replace my Sprint Radio, so don't have to flash again the radio too *****

Wishing ideas, comments, maybe something to improve:
1.- I like Dark Themes, I have see one with "Dark SemiTransparent Sense TAB" (as your Manila Lock) and they look great. I mention this because I see you use in many things a "BLACK background with a White shine line in the middle". I think this make the ilusion of 3D but for example in the "INBOX" list this white shine line mesh with the white letter and is hard to read white with white. Maybe instead of white shine line can be Silver/Grey. Just a thought, just a personal opinion, nothing beyond that.
2.- I really think it is more an "inconvenience" than an "advantage" that the keyboard automatically popup, but don't found the tweak for disable this.
3.- As I mention before, there is an "Advanced Configuration Tools v3.3" Tweaks in other rooms that help in so much diferents way: "keyboard popup", "bluetooth pools tweak", "Locations" "Gps lock", "Light time and sense", "Internet", "Messaging", "Notifications" really a hole Bunch of Tweaks. I think this Tool is from GSM version because it has a section for "SIM Card" but all the other Tweaks functions well in CDMA HTC Diamond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyamante View Post
Hi, thanks for the link. Tried out Xtask from this site. Checked the settings per instructions. Still not closing programs. I'm sure I'm missing something. Gotta catch some zzzz's. Will pick it up tomorrow.
4.- As Randyamante said all the programs stay in background instead of close, to close them I press the clock (the little one on the top) and it appear the list of running application with a X to close each one.
if my memory still serves me
I remmember that in "Advanced Configuration Tools v3.3." Tweaks Tools they have a setting for this too.
EDIT.1: I don`t find any "X action tweaks" in this Tool, my memory fail, sorry. Anyway It is free, anyone can try this cab other tweaks still help.

EDIT.2: Again Many Thanks AMIKAM, "Xtask.exe and XHook.exe" do exactly what you said: "Close program when press "X" button"

EDIT.3: Many Many Thanks AMIKAM, for your answer in post #229, your "register windows Key" for disable keyboard popup automatically works perfectly, Thanks I create a "dword" "TurnOffAutoDeploy" with value "1".
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 02-15-2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: mispell corrections, add link to tweak tool, add thanks
Old 02-14-2010, 05:35 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
Sorry Amikam, Are you talking about this 23529 wm 6.5.x ROM??
I use "search" tool but don't find "xtask" file in the phone.

WOW very stable ROM, congratulations!!!
After I install Resco Explorer, Opera 10, Bing, Facebook, WL, Messenger, MyPhone, PPC-PIM-Backup, Mobipocket, Skype, MyMobiler, spanish FingerKeyboard, Weather City Editor (for add more global cities), NFS_undercover_Gsensor, Panoramic BlackJack, and few mores I still have 68mb device storage WOW (even I have run and configure all the programs, and download my 3 imap emails account and restore my Contacts and SMS messages).

1.- I like HTC album is fix now. bravo =D>!!!
2.- I like all the extras cut off (as ringtones,etc,etc,etc)
3.- I like this Softreset, more than PsShutXP.
4.- I like more this Manila Lock (but to me is hard to see little notification numbers, even I use eyeglasses, I guess I'm "nearsighted", LOL) HOW can I change them to make it "bold" number or bigger size??
5.- I like Java, Wifi-sharing, setvolumne, QuickGps, Search, Xt9 and also Task manager 3.1
6.- Like SMS fuction well and integrated with People, and People Sense with social network.
7.- I like the custom ICONS, (sorry but many loose when I change "WindowsLive" & "messenger", "MyPhone", "facebook", "Bing").
8.- I like I can install FingerKeyboard with Spanish language.
9.- I like transparent CLOCK, I remmember there are a Black Calculator Skin in the kitchen, also a dialer I think.
10.- I like Office 2010
11.- I like Battery number indicator, and all the little icons upstair.

Wishing ideas, comments, maybe something to improve:
1.- I like Dark Themes, I have see one with "Dark SemiTransparent Sense TAB" (as your Manila Lock) and they look great. I mention this because I see you use in many things a "BLACK background with a White shine line in the middle". I think this make the ilusion of 3D but for example in the "INBOX" list this white shine line mesh with the white letter and is hard to read white with white. Maybe instead of white shine line can be Silver/Grey. Just a thought, just a personal opinion, nothing beyond that.
2.- I really think it is more an "inconvenience" than an "advantage" that the keyboard automatically popup, but don't found the tweak for disable this.
3.- As I mention before, there is an "Advance Configuration Tweaks Tools" in other rooms that help in so much diferents way: "X" actions, "keybord popup", "bluetooth pools tweak", "Locations" "Gps lock", "Light time and sense", "Internet", "Messaging", "Notifications" really a hole Bunch of Tweaks. I think this Tool is from GSM version because it has a section for "SIM Card" but all the other Tweaks functions well in CDMA HTC Diamond. 4.- As Randyamante said all the programs stay in background instead of close, to close them I press the clock (the little one on the top) and it appear the list of running application with a X to close each one.
if my memory still serves me
I remmember that in "Advance Configuration" Tweaks Tools they have a setting for this too.
Maybe they can borrow you that Tweaks Tool.
about the email thing... i guess u right.. it used to be darker and i changed it to more bright... maybe i should change back...

im fixing the xtask this right now, hopefully it will work right this time.

advancedconfig tool is for gsm... so i would prefer to stay away from it so that unexperienced users won't mess the phone up, and u can just google it and find the cab for it.
about the KB popping up... i like it like that but u can change it with this regedit:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip]
"TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:00000000
change it to 1.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
no problem... thanks for the comment.
if u don't mind sharing the cab for manila tv and xml's download locations if u have any... that would be nice, so i can add it to the links post.
thanks
here is the link to post in XDA by Omnicronx for the ManilaTV to replace footprints, I am working on the xml, will post an update once done

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development