PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/23/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23549 | Real WM6.5 AKU | Lite & Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok... so the htc album tweak that supposed to switch the catch to internal storage works... but doesn't eliminate all the catch from being saved to device... so i guess its worth it. even though it got my highlights in the album menus all messed up... but its an experimental version... so its ok.
the speed seems better... but i can't be sure.
album thingy got fixed... so thats good.

anyways... guys... please opinions on the speed and such... so i can be sure it's worth my time to make a non experimental rom out of this.
look for mikrom_exp in the downloads.

thanks.
AMIKAM, Thanks for the album menu explanation,
do you plan an experimental version with 23549 as well? thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IronRed is just getting started
Re: [3/23/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23549 | Real WM6.5 AKU | Lite & Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Amikam - Just wanted to say thanks for everything these last few weeks with your efforts. I just got an HD2 so I'll be getting rid of my Diamond soon, but I really appreciate your ROMs and your continued support

Good luck to all you guys, I'll still keep checking in here periodically.
It's funny that you went with the HD2. It was your post where you compared them side by side that made me think twice about getting it. If I could get it for less than $200 with no contract, I know I'd jump ship. I think I can get a 500 min plan for $59.99 - 15%. With Sprint i pay $30. Hard to let that go!

This diamond thing with the custom rom and Internet sharing works for me. If not for the custome roms, I'd be gone.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
AMIKAM, Thanks for the album menu explanation,
do you plan an experimental version with 23549 as well? thanks
well... the big experiment is mixing 21896 and 21897 together... so probably not since its not needed... but if u want just to add the album catch version to the current rom just install the cab i attached here to the post.
i added also some files into it so that it might also fix the current album version if u using anything else besides the exp version.
let me know how and if it worked.
this does not have any regedits in it... just files so it should not be an issue to install it just as an add on for everyone also.
thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Album_Cache_and_Fix.cab (4.79 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 03-24-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i think i got everything fixed... including the taskbar icons that was showing "wifi" when roaming.
and i think any kind of speed issues that the was experienced by some on 21897 is now gone(judging by th exp version).
anyways... ill update the rom's again later tonight with the catch tweak, and the fixed taskbar, also i skinned a few more tiny things(probably u guys wont notice it too much).
Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
well... the big experiment is mixing 21896 and 21897 together... so probably not since its not needed... but if u want just to add the album catch version to the current rom just install the cab i attached here to the post.
i added also some files into it so that it might also fix the current album version if u using anything else besides the exp version.
let me know how and if it worked.
this does not have any regedits in it... just files so it should not be an issue to install it just as an add on for everyone also.
thanks.
Thanks for the CAB, it fixed the album menu issue,
23549ROM works quite responsive for me, thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
good... u can erase your album cache on the device... the big cache files will go to internal storage now.
thats should clear some space for u.
ill post the cab on the Third Post.

Last edited by amikam; 03-24-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
forgot to ask... does the menus work good? highlights i mean...
Old 03-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond CDMA
Carrier: China Telecom

眼镜匪 is a n00b

Thank you amikam,I Love the new exp ROM,Clock font,icon and wallpaper,all of them is cool.
but I have one problem, that How can i display appointment on Calendar Tab and Home Tab? I add a new appointment ,but it can not display on Calendar .
Old 03-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
It's funny that you went with the HD2. It was your post where you compared them side by side that made me think twice about getting it. If I could get it for less than $200 with no contract, I know I'd jump ship. I think I can get a 500 min plan for $59.99 - 15%. With Sprint i pay $30. Hard to let that go!

This diamond thing with the custom rom and Internet sharing works for me. If not for the custome roms, I'd be gone.
I don't want to clutter amikam's thread too much, so we can pick this up over PM. But to make a long story short - yes i posted them side by and side and yes the HD2 is relatively huge, but I'm already used to it. As for speed etc, this thing is in another league altogether. My Diamond with a 2.5 ROM compared to the HD2 is literally like comparing a bicycle to a pretty fast car, no lie.

I've been waiting for the HD2 for very long.. I paid the retail $485 incl taxes etc and it was completely worth it imo. Take one for a test run from T-Mo and try it yourself, you won't be sorry Feel free to PM me if you have any questions - I still have both phones and services and I'll be happy to answer anything I can. Good luck!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 眼镜匪 View Post
Thank you amikam,I Love the new exp ROM,Clock font,icon and wallpaper,all of them is cool.
but I have one problem, that How can i display appointment on Calendar Tab and Home Tab? I add a new appointment ,but it can not display on Calendar .
the rom u flashed is only a test version... so although i really dont know why u wouldn't see the appointment on the home screen... it could be an issue with the rom.
ill be uploading a fully working version later on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development