PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First Blood to Verizon in AT&T vs. Verizon Legal Battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
so i just saw a att commerical. they cant have 300 million ppl can they? they said they have 97% of the us. which is 300 million ppl. i know that vzw has close to 80 million after the merger. where can i find real truthful numbers?
they mean the network covers 97% meaning that 3% of the population is outside of ATT's network so they couldn't get ATT service if they wanted to. their actual subscriber numbers are in the neighborhood of 72-76 Million (ish) I get different numbers depending on which of my ATT reps I'm talking to. VZW on the other hand has about 80 million subscribers and their network is about as big but the contention is over who has high speed where not over all coverage
Old 12-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Psycho WHAT'S Up BRO!!! lol

At&t said they cover 97% of the country or their customers or something, but I don't think they said 97% of 300million people...lol

Plus why hasn't this dispute spilled over to Sprint? How come no one attacks Sprints coverage? Not that I want them to, I am particularly happy with Sprint.

Any thoughts??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
IMHO Sprint's coverage isn't that bad....I've had them for 4 years and wides had verizon and sprint. The only time Sprint is terrible is when we travel but others say diff. Maybe that's why.......

I loved consumer reports this year by the way! Verizon was first and AT&T was dead last in almost every ranking.
i think everyone is leaving Sprint alone because they spent more than enough time slitting their own wrists, and as far as their coverage goes for voice they match VZW (isn't roaming cool?) so VZW doesn't have much to say and in most markets Sprint actually runs faster than ATT so they're probably trying to keep their mouths shut. I for one haven't had any coverage issues, other than no data in the middle of Nevada while driving to Cali.
and while it's not through advertising VZW is going after sprint's most dependable claim
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/24/v...twork-ad-clai/
although sprint is fighting it. it'll be interesting to see what happens if sprint gets involved
Old 12-26-2009, 04:56 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Psycho WHAT'S Up BRO!!! lol

At&t said they cover 97% of the country or their customers or something, but I don't think they said 97% of 300million people...lol

Plus why hasn't this dispute spilled over to Sprint? How come no one attacks Sprints coverage? Not that I want them to, I am particularly happy with Sprint.

Any thoughts??
not a whole lot just been working.

the only thing i noticed that they said about vzw is the "my cirlce" when you see "bobby" walking out of his circle. thats the only thing sprint has said i think about picking on another cell provider.

but watch the commerical. they do mention "300 million"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrx2qEoND5I

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 12-26-2009 at 05:02 AM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion