PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asurion phone fraud, watch your accounts!

Someone made a phone claim in my name and tried shipping it to another address today. Luckily my email was pushed to my phone early enough where I was able to contact Asurion and Fedex to put a stop to the scheduled delivery on Monday. I think this is an inside job since yesterday I spoke to a “super” nice Sprint CS guy about a different matter. The guy was so nice, that when we got disconnected, he called me back twice and even left a voicemail which I have never had happen before, especially since he was young. Normally they are happy that the line got hung up or sometimes they will actually hang up on you! I think he realized I had an expensive TP2 phone and gave my info to his buddys to pull this scam.

Is there anyone I can report my suspicion too? I hope its not him, he sounded too nice, but usually when someone is that nice they might have a sinister reason from my experience.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Asurion phone fraud, watch your accounts!

old news been known for a year or so now didnt some sprint people get arrested for this not to long ago?
Old 10-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Someone made a phone claim in my name and tried shipping it to another address today. Luckily my email was pushed to my phone early enough where I was able to contact Asurion and Fedex to put a stop to the scheduled delivery on Monday. I think this is an inside job since yesterday I spoke to a “super” nice Sprint CS guy about a different matter. The guy was so nice, that when we got disconnected, he called me back twice and even left a voicemail which I have never had happen before, especially since he was young. Normally they are happy that the line got hung up or sometimes they will actually hang up on you! I think he realized I had an expensive TP2 phone and gave my info to his buddys to pull this scam.

Is there anyone I can report my suspicion too? I hope its not him, he sounded too nice, but usually when someone is that nice they might have a sinister reason from my experience.
it wasn't the sprint guy. he wouldn't need to call you back. Once you drop on his line he already has all of your information. He was being nice because thats his job, sprint has changed their customer service around.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
old news been known for a year or so now didnt some sprint people get arrested for this not to long ago?
Old news? Did the OP make another post about this already happening?

Different scenario, different person....... Thanks OP for letting us know to lookout for these things!
Old 10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post

Happend to me 2X last year...they charged over $4,000 the first time and just over $3,000 the second. Both times they said it was done from Florida. I live in MI so it was easy to reslove...I told SPRINT if they cannot safeguard my account I would have to change providers. Now I have extra stuff on my account to make sure NOTHING gets charged without my approval.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neodarksaver is just getting started

The sprint guy will have all of your info, but the guy who is trying to get the phone is likely not him... it's hard to prove that the sprint guy gave ur info to his fraud buddy.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

Very strange? Possibility of phone tapping? I know that's a little out there... but I guess anymore anything is possible.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, I called Sprint retentions; the guy seemed very interested in my suspicions, wrote everything down and told me he would email management immediately. I think they are trying to crack down on fraudulent cs reps because its costing them big money.

The CS was just way too cool to be real, how many will leave a voice mail, and then still call back 5 minutes later after a disconnect? Than email you with all sorts of tips etc after your done? Especially for a young guy, normally they don’t care. Like I said, I hope I am wrong, I really liked him, but I wasn’t born yesterday, he probably saw I had a TP2 with insurance and wanted me to stay on Sprint by resolving my issue so he can pull the insurance fraud.

Let this be a life lesson, when someone is too nice to you, make sure you watch your back!
Old 10-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
Happend to me 2X last year...they charged over $4,000 the first time and just over $3,000 the second. Both times they said it was done from Florida. I live in MI so it was easy to reslove...I told SPRINT if they cannot safeguard my account I would have to change providers. Now I have extra stuff on my account to make sure NOTHING gets charged without my approval.

How the hell can they charge you $3000 for 2 phones?
Old 10-23-2009, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Old news? Did the OP make another post about this already happening?

Different scenario, different person....... Thanks OP for letting us know to lookout for these things!

but its already known to be happening. and has happened to several people on here let alone who dont even use this website. I am just saying its old new that its happening.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion