View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
searcher61
Regular 'Geeker

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Asurion phone fraud, watch your accounts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Someone made a phone claim in my name and tried shipping it to another address today. Luckily my email was pushed to my phone early enough where I was able to contact Asurion and Fedex to put a stop to the scheduled delivery on Monday. I think this is an inside job since yesterday I spoke to a “super” nice Sprint CS guy about a different matter. The guy was so nice, that when we got disconnected, he called me back twice and even left a voicemail which I have never had happen before, especially since he was young. Normally they are happy that the line got hung up or sometimes they will actually hang up on you! I think he realized I had an expensive TP2 phone and gave my info to his buddys to pull this scam.

Is there anyone I can report my suspicion too? I hope its not him, he sounded too nice, but usually when someone is that nice they might have a sinister reason from my experience.

Happend to me 2X last year...they charged over $4,000 the first time and just over $3,000 the second. Both times they said it was done from Florida. I live in MI so it was easy to reslove...I told SPRINT if they cannot safeguard my account I would have to change providers. Now I have extra stuff on my account to make sure NOTHING gets charged without my approval.