PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need to vent!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Dude, you need to chill out. First this is the right "FORUM" to vent just not the right thread or area......http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Second who are you to sit here and tell some this forum is not the place for you to vent? This isn't the first thread here about venting and most likely not the last in the TP2 section. You kno seems like a lot of people here lately are either mad or angry. Looking at a lot of post, seems like this anger is toward the NEWER MEMBERS. Just my 2 cents
not necessarily newer members I think, I believe its newer members who do not read the forum rules before posting, that's frustrating, and people who do not search before they post, they annoy us over at hofo too.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ya I totally understand that, but this is a forum about HELPING EACH OTHER. Everyone can help somebody else. But its the fact that quite a few post are NOT HELPING whatsoever and seems like they flame the OP. I get the point that some/most need to "SEARCH" but some members here just need to chill and remember how it is to be a NOOBIE
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:25 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

that sounds about right. keep in mind that the speed is dependent on bandwidth to the tower and the # of active sessions. some area's obviously have more than others.
actually the year I tethered was ok, obviously torrents and other big downloads took forever, but thats what you get for being cheep or living in the woods.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

jkdkaliman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
sorry for your troubles, but this forum is NOT the place for you to vent!
Yikes...I'm not your enemy.

Most of my posts here have been related to the tweaks .cab that our forum friend goodthings2life started.

I DID actually look before posting my "vent" thread...but wasnt quite sure where to put it. I was going to post it in the general discussion section of the main forum but opted instead for the TP2 section seeing as how that is what I have and I NOTICED that there were way more peeps viewing the thread...My hope was that someone would actually have good advice as to what to do.

It wasnt just a "noobie" blindly posting into whatever forum came first. (Although I AM a noobie and no doubt make that evident)..I actually picked the area with a purpose in mind.

Anywho...sorry if I offended you for taking up one thread of space with my drivel!

Last edited by jkdkaliman; 10-10-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Thread moved to proper forum!

Getting mad because of someones opinion is silly, as it raises your blood pressure and makes this site uninviting to all. So please chill and enjoy each others company.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif

Last edited by budney; 10-10-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:58 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Hes got Sprint, there is no better
i beg to differ. Ive had sprint for a year with a tp1 and my tp2 with tmobile gets better service where I live...

point being it really depends on where you live........
Old 10-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I can't say it depends on where you live, IMHO. I live in NC and now for 2 years I've had the worst service ever, but some people in the same town have great coverage. I don't understand at all!!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-10-2009, 06:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

jkdkaliman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
I can't say it depends on where you live, IMHO. I live in NC and now for 2 years I've had the worst service ever, but some people in the same town have great coverage. I don't understand at all!!!
QFT!

I'm in a major metropolitian area -Joliet IL...just outside Chicago. Fact is, my own home appears to be in a "dead zone". 8 miles away in Romeoville, my numbers are more like 1.5/500

Joliet is a city of over 100,000 with neighboring cities very large as well. One would think that the coverage footprint for such a large/populated area would be saturated..

Old 10-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There are no faster carriers than Sprint. Period. It's a plain and simple fact that has been proven repeatedly. Sprint's worst speeds are still better than almost anyone else's.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

....lol people fall for the advertisments and desend thier carriers like they would defend thier mom. Anyways as for those speeds on a 3G CDMA network through WWAN thats actually pretty good. slightly above average as average is 700kbps to 1.2 mbps and thats about 4 to 5 miles out from a tower WITH it pointing at you.

As for the techs coming out people dont know but every carrier has a network team behind the scenes. Sprint/Verizon gets a call. it goes up to tech which is the last line of customer contact. then they open a trouble ticket which gets shot to the network team. they examine the ticket and what they already know or have reports of in the area then they send it up to system performance who actually are 24 hour techs/engineers that drive to the location and towers to check for problems ect.

just cause they dont come to your door doesnt mean they dont come to your area.

as for the advertisment of the fastest network. If you do your research and get the average and burst speed reports of all carriers AT&T has the highest average though there 3g network map is A Joke to say the least. Verizon and Sprint are tied with average speeds but sprint does have wimax which does give them 4g(more like 3.5) in limited markets.

My point is with the speeds your getting it will depend on Alot of things. one for where your at thats probably just the averag anyways. two are u inside or outside? house/apartment made of hard material like Brick/concrete/Metal? Are you facing a tower?...these are the things that can factor into signal and speeds. third dont expect a WWAN to ever be as fast as a LAN or WLAN as these factors dont come into play.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion