PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer
Re: My day with Sprint (re: Touch Pro 2 & SERO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Midwest Drummer: I know what you said, but it still didn't seem like you fully understood my eligibility for some reason since you were going on about how I wasn't eligible for a discount, as if the few weeks was so important. Sprint is not bending over backwards for me by giving me my $75 discount slightly in advance. It's a nice gesture, but come on, don't give them that much credit. The $25 is also nice of them to give me as well, but you must understand something here. Verizon is selling the same exact device for $150 cheaper.
They are bending over backwards, because at this point, you're eligible for, wait for it...NOTHING! Sprint doesn't have to do squat for you.

Quote:
That is something to complain about, isn't it? If I have a Wal-Mart ad for a Toshiba laptop that's on sale for $399, and Best Buy carries that same laptop for $499, I can bring the ad in to Best Buy and they will sell it to me at the same exact price. Why would they do that? Because they're a great company with whom I've done business with for many years now. Sprint refuses to price match on their phones, and I think it's ridiculous that I have to pay $150 more for the phone itself, regardless of what plan I'm on. If Sprint offered to simply sell it to me for $450 to make up for the price difference at Verizon, I'd be happier, but they won't, and I think that's bad business for a company this large.
No, it's not something to complain about, and this is something that I know you're aware of! You even said it yourself. Sprint isn't about cheap equipment. They're about cheap service. Verizon is the other way around. They publicly acknowledge that their service is more expensive, and they say that it's so, because they provide what they consider a premium service. Knowing this, you should understand full well why Sprint and VZW priced the TP2 the way that they did.

Quote:
Oh, and P.S. Don't call me son. You look like you're 18 years old (if that's you in your sig).
I'll take that as I compliment. As it turns out, I just turned 24 on the 8th of September, but I've been blessed with a youthful appearance. Simmer down son.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

I had no problems ordering the phone on telesales with SERO ($49 plan). I am willing to eat the cost of phone. It's just part of owning a 'high end' product. Nothing different then brand name cars, clothes, or electronics. Sometimes you pay more to be on the cutting edge.

It's a price I am willing to pay over the lifetime of my contract.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

uscjunkie is just getting started

Quote:
I think you qualify. I'm not 100% certain, but you need to fit one of the two requirements:

- Customer for 10 years
- Paying $69.99/mo+ (or $99.99/mo+ for shared min plans) for 6 months.

EDIT: Here, I found some info: http://www.sprintenterprise.com/premier/

Thanks for your reply...appreciate it.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
WOW. I remember when I bought the Pro1 I just mentioned I really liked the iphone and they instantly gave me the phone for 249.99. Gave me all the discounts and thats it.They didnt even question me about my 30momth SERO. So it looks like its going to be different. I wouldnt pay 500.00 for that phone. Ridiculous! After all.... you can get the iphone with far superior 2d 3d rendering. But you will be locked down with Apple restrictions like a drug smuggler who tried to import 100 kilos of cocaine from columbia. This calls for the Officail how much you paid thread.
You've already been banned, you've already been flamed to **** and back for you incessant whining, you complain about people coming into your own threads and needing to stay on topic. Take your own advice, add mine of shut your trap already about 2d and 3d rendering, and stick to your own threads.

Last edited by NinjaMom; 09-10-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Language
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Pro 2

zebradude is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to zebradude

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
I think if you consider that sticking with your SERO by paying full retail, the savings in monthly fees over moving to Everything Plus would justify initial cost of the phone.

In a long run, it's even sweeter.

That's what I did, paid full retail and kept my SERO 500.
exactly what I did....kept my SERO 500 and paid the 599.00 well worth it!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Guys... Let's all chillax... Okay?
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 09-11-2009, 12:04 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

this has been like watching a ping pong match, friggin dizzy like dwizzy, nomsayin we go through this same isht anytime a new phone comes out.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to evilecho

remember you can always sell ur pro1
[1x Sprint Touch Diamond][4x Sprint Touch Pro]
[1x Sprint Touch Pro 2]
Only phone ever paid for out of pocket... My first VM4500.....
Now I'm a Sprint Customer for Life!!!!!

Old 09-11-2009, 12:33 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yea, it's too bad ppl don't know how to read. if they did they would read a contract.
since when did it become socially acceptable to break contracts.. oh wait when the cell phone companies where all scrambling for customers. too bad most ppl have a cell now and it's not completion as much as 'churn'.
think about it.. lets say conservatively that Verizon is $10 more a month. times that by 24 and guess what that's the price difference with the phones.

here's another fun comparison
sprint sero = 30
verizon 450min/txt/data = 60
30*24=720
60*24=1440

I think paying an extra bill or 2 for the phone is still a good deal, even every year.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

phaze is just getting started

I am sure if you guys wait a month or two the phone's price will drop.

I remember when I upgraded to the TP1 on Nov 1 or something like that, a month later the price was 100 lower.

All I know is that if they MAKE me change plans, I won't be getting the Tp2, but it seems like there any many people that have the tp2 on sero so it shouldn't be an issue.

I just hope the Tp2 is good OUT OF THE BOX. If it weren't for Mighty ROM and other custom ROMS here on pccgeeks, I would have return the slow Tp1 within my 30 day window because out of the box, I was not impressed with the performance.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion