PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

bishainc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint opens up Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Scott View Post
$168 over a two year contract and 100 deductible = $268 if I even use the insurance once and for what?...a possible refurbished phone. No thanks! I can get a brand new one for that price from eBay.
Your math is only as good as your logic...what if you drop the phone in the water after 1 month of use? Then you're looking at $107 vs. $250... but to each his own.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bonneyt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
$7/mo and a $100 deductable. No thank you, I'll just buy a TP off craigslist or use the 22mo upgrade discount. I'm actually gonna call to remove it tomorrow

ESRP4lyfe
not a very smart idea i'm afraid... many sprint users that have purchased the touch pro have had to have it replaced once, twice, or in my case 3 times because of a faulty keyboard...

the verizon touch pro does not have this issue, but many TP's built before a certain date (that is unkown to me) were built wrong or just crappy... either way, the sprint insurance plan has saved me over 1000 in the last 6 months
Old 05-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
There's no deductible on warranty claims. There's just the $100 deductible on insurance claims on damage that you cause

yea but they TRY/force you to use the deductible before the warrenty ive been fighting for 2 weeks with them
Old 05-11-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

agentjonnyb is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
yea and sprint can use it to try and SCREW you out of money with your phone breaks and is clearly a manufacturer defect . but yea its pretty good stuff
Actually no, my TP keyboard stopped working the other day, so I brought it in, they just gave me a new one for free. Only assurion forces you to cough up the $100 deductible.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonneyt View Post
not a very smart idea i'm afraid... many sprint users that have purchased the touch pro have had to have it replaced once, twice, or in my case 3 times because of a faulty keyboard...

the verizon touch pro does not have this issue, but many TP's built before a certain date (that is unkown to me) were built wrong or just crappy... either way, the sprint insurance plan has saved me over 1000 in the last 6 months
+1 for the faulty keyboard... just had mine replaced using my TEP with no extra charge.

when it comes to a free phone TEP is useless, but for a $600 + device... do the math
Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Open Enrollment: Total Equipment Protection (TEP)

Threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentjonnyb View Post
Actually no, my TP keyboard stopped working the other day, so I brought it in, they just gave me a new one for free. Only assurion forces you to cough up the $100 deductible.

good for you im fighting my keyboard works 40% of the time and i have screens blood under the glass
Old 05-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonneyt View Post
Wouldn't this be covered by HTC's 1 year warranty? The way I figure, I am perfectly accepting of things that break on my phone that ARE my fault. Dropping it, flooding it, etc, are things that I try not to do on ANY of my stuff. Why pay for an insurance plan against those kinds of damage? The real problem is coverage from year 1 to year 2 of the 2 year service agreement. Seems the insurance is the only real solution (or DIY repair, or hope they are cheap enough to buy a new/used one outright).
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

tornadog is a n00b

I got in on TEP through open enrollement. My 15 month old Vogue fell in water when I was jetskiing and it doesnt turn on. When I contacted Asurion, they said its only a week after I got coverage so they wont replace. What should I do? I need to have a WM phone for my work purposes. So should I go ahead and buy one off ebay/craigslist for 150+?
Old 05-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

My brother-in-law took over my Sprint line and bought my Vogue from me. The line is still in my name and he just pays me. I didn't have TEP because I'm usually pretty careful with my phones, but he has a REALLY big problem when it comes to water and electronics lol.

So since I didn't have it on the account when I bought the phone they wouldn't add it for me. We added it in the beginning of the month when I noticed the open enrollment thing.

He dropped one phone in the pool, washed one, dropped one in the toilet (clean water lol), and one in sweet tea.

for tornadog: I'm not sure if you have a way a month before you can make a claim or what the waiting time is. Have you tried to file your claim online instead of calling them? Anyone know how long you have to wait before you can do a claim?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion