PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
out in saint Louis area tmob is lucky to hit 60k in most county areas. honestly averages don't mean crap. long story short, check the area before you port a number over. you get x days to try a service if you're happy after that time then port your number, if not then pick someone else.

Sent from my mopho
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Your speeds aren't typical, the average speed for the entire country is 0.41mb/s ,I've seen that a few times on 2G,that's the fastest 2G can get.
Really, well I'm on my way from Tulsa to st Louis via KC, Kansas. So far the results are pretty similar.

Coffeyville,KS waiting on a train

At a Subway for lunch near cherryvale,KS

Just did this one outside our hotel, outside KC.

Expect them to be the same or better in St. Louis, the only time I had the poor speeds you talk about were when I was on 1x in the middle of nowhere 15+ miles away from a town.

Last edited by gullzway; 06-27-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Is T-Mobile and AT&T better than Sprint Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Really, well I'm on my way from Tulsa to st Louis via KC, Kansas. So far the results are pretty similar.

Coffeyville,KS waiting on a train

At a Subway for lunch near cherryvale,KS

Just did this one outside our hotel, outside KC.

Expect them to be the same or better in St. Louis, the only time I had the poor speeds you talk about were when I was on 1x in the middle of nowhere 15+ miles away from a town.
Those speeds were taken during off peak times so of course they'll be good because nobody is on the tower. Also could be because those are rural areas too. Get into an urban or suburban area and your speeds will tank. That's what happened to me when I was in STL metro, 2mbps around noon but by 6pm they're down below 200k.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
my stl speeds are 1.5 mb + reliably with Sprint.

Sent from my mopho
Old 06-30-2012, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Most important thing is to check their coverage maps, make sure to zoom in on you're neighborhood, or work area. They can be good. Not so much in my area, my brother switched to Tmobile this year, and while he's saving maybe $10/month, he's stuck with slow 2g 85% of the time. Research is the key!
That is KEY do reseach of who has the best coverage. Sprint sucks in my area, TMO is as good as AT&T. Till you live with service day to day, you'll never know EXACTLY how their service is (just cause they show coverage does not mean they dont have dead spots)...

I guess I like the idea that TMO uses a WI-FI network for a lack of signal. Verizon requres a $200-250 network extender.

You can give Verizon crap and get it for 1/2 that price but, it still is money out of your pocket. You need a internet connection for it, so I am paying monthly for Verizon service AND I am paying for min that I use over the internet connection that I pay for.

As I think about it that way, I feel screwed.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
That is KEY do reseach of who has the best coverage. Sprint sucks in my area, TMO is as good as AT&T. Till you live with service day to day, you'll never know EXACTLY how their service is (just cause they show coverage does not mean they dont have dead spots)...

I guess I like the idea that TMO uses a WI-FI network for a lack of signal. Verizon requres a $200-250 network extender.

You can give Verizon crap and get it for 1/2 that price but, it still is money out of your pocket. You need a internet connection for it, so I am paying monthly for Verizon service AND I am paying for min that I use over the internet connection that I pay for.

As I think about it that way, I feel screwed.
What is your zip code because I glanced at CT on the T-mobile maps and saw coverage? T-mobile also provides signal boosters for free to make up for it too. Some use the internet connection and some don't.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:03 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
To fuel your fire Eric, my Sprint signal is almost non existant in Southern Indiana, but I already knew this! Thankful for the hotel wifi!

I don't think Tmobile is existant here either.

St Louis was a bit disappointing at around 1mb/sec.

Like I said, check the coverage maps.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Banned User

Quote:
To fuel your fire Eric, my Sprint signal is almost non existant in Southern Indiana, but I already knew this! Thankful for the hotel wifi!

I don't think Tmobile is existant here either.

St Louis was a bit disappointing at around 1mb/sec.

Like I said, check the coverage maps.
Hmm I had signal on sprint when I rode through southern IN back in 2010 on the way to ATL, I was on a major highway tho so that's probably not saying much.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Got this on my touch pro 2 just now, pretty happy with it

I don't think the phone could handle going any faster, lack of processing power lol. But still much better than it was just months ago.

edit: yes I realize it gave it a F, but it's still about 5X faster than before the towers went up around me
Old 07-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
Got this on my touch pro 2 just now, pretty happy with it

I don't think the phone could handle going any faster, lack of processing power lol. But still much better than it was just months ago.

edit: yes I realize it gave it a F, but it's still about 5X faster than before the towers went up around me
I used to get more than that on my original TP back in 2009. now that I'm with Tmo that's the lowest my speeds go and this is with one bar. KC is sprint's home territory so of course they would work to get things straight there.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion