PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

prodigy215 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Is T-Mobile and AT&T better than Sprint Service?

I currently have Sprint, but now i'm starting to get fed up with them. All their new phones are 4G LTE, but cant even use it because sprint doesn't have LTE in the East Coast of United States not until 2013. So only 3G will work which is BS.

How is T-Mobile and AT&T? Are the Internet speeds faster than Sprints?? Is there anyone that switched from Sprint to either of these company's that are now more Satisfied? Thanks
Old 06-23-2012, 12:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Is T-Mobile and AT&T better than Sprint Service?

i switched to the big pink T from sprint

from i what i can see tmobile has really good speed and signal in urban areas and along major highways. i live on the out skirts of the city and signal is weak at home however Tmo has wifi calling so theoretically my router is a mini tower

as for being satisfied so far yes i pay less and have signal that is reflective to the cost of the service

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 06-23-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

prodigy215 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Sprint APX515CKT Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok so basically, if you have real good Wifi signal. For instance, 5 bars of Wifi signal. Will that be your Cell Phone signal?? Or it doesnt work like that
Old 06-23-2012, 08:23 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy215 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Sprint APX515CKT Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok so basically, if you have real good Wifi signal. For instance, 5 bars of Wifi signal. Will that be your Cell Phone signal?? Or it doesnt work like that
yep thats how it works
Old 06-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I've switched from sprint to T-mobile last November and couldn't be happier. My speeds are faster than anything I've ever seen on sprint, I've seen anywhere from 1.8mb to 7mb. Also if you read this report below you'll see that T-mobile is faster than anything sprint has to offer. They also are even faster than Verizon LTE in some areas:

Fastest Mobile Networks 2012 | PCMag.com
Old 06-24-2012, 12:04 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Most important thing is to check their coverage maps, make sure to zoom in on you're neighborhood, or work area. They can be good. Not so much in my area, my brother switched to Tmobile this year, and while he's saving maybe $10/month, he's stuck with slow 2g 85% of the time. Research is the key!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:01 AM
N00b

http://www.straighttalk.com/ShopSims
you can order either att or tmo sims and its cheaper then actual provider rates
Old 06-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Most important thing is to check their coverage maps, make sure to zoom in on you're neighborhood, or work area. They can be good. Not so much in my area, my brother switched to Tmobile this year, and while he's saving maybe $10/month, he's stuck with slow 2g 85% of the time. Research is the key!
This "slow 2G" is faster than sprint 3G so even if OP was to switch and get 2G only he would still get a speed boost. Its fast enough to do some CD quality music streaming,web browsing and some GPS Navigation but no videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
http://www.straighttalk.com/ShopSims
you can order either att or tmo sims and its cheaper then actual provider rates
If he goes to ST he won't be able to stream as much as he would be able to if he went with T-mobile or even AT&T.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:26 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
This "slow 2G" is faster than sprint 3G so even if OP was to switch and get 2G only he would still get a speed boost.
Its definitely not faster than the Sprint 3g speeds I get. I think my bro gets around 200 kb/sec, on a good day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1340594458716.jpg (29.7 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Its definitely not faster than the Sprint 3g speeds I get. I think my bro gets around 200 kb/sec, on a good day.
Your speeds aren't typical, the average speed for the entire country is 0.41mb/s ,I've seen that a few times on 2G,that's the fastest 2G can get.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion