PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 10:08 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

telenav is not free. its 99 dollars a year or 10 dollars a month afaik.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Bing is free ont he TP2 though. He can certainly just install Bing and get free turn by turn navigation.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I'm still confused as hell.

I have 2 SERO plans... One is mine, with an EVO, so I upgraded it to SERO premium, and am paying the 10 EVO tax; making it $50 a month.

The other line is my wifes. She has my old TP2, and its still the Original SERO at $30/month. She is wanting to upgrade her phone to an android device (Transform or Moment), so I was expecting to pay the extra $10/mo to get her on SERO Premium. Now, will I also be forced to pay an additional $10 on top of the $40/month for SERO Premium, making her line cost a total of $50 per month?

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 02-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Bing is free ont he TP2 though. He can certainly just install Bing and get free turn by turn navigation.
Yeah, bing navigation is pretty accurate. I still have it on my backup tp2. People are still waiting for it to be available on wp7 which I think should have been available from the beginning. It's a great app.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post

I have 2 SERO plans... One is mine, with an EVO, so I upgraded it to SERO premium, and am paying the 10 EVO tax; making it $50 a month.

The other line is my wifes. She has my old TP2, and its still the Original SERO at $30/month. She is wanting to upgrade her phone to an android device (Transform or Moment), so I was expecting to pay the extra $10/mo to get her on SERO Premium. Now, will I also be forced to pay an additional $10 on top of the $40/month for SERO Premium, making her line cost a total of $50 per month?
No you dont have to pay double for a non 4g phone. The sero plan doesn't get attached to this new fee. If you get a 3g android phone then all you pay is $10 extra. Sero is still an awesome plan.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:28 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
telenav is not free. its 99 dollars a year or 10 dollars a month afaik.
looks like your right... it didnt used to be that way though.. makes me wish i still had my orginal cab for it(noticed its gone on my file backups)...

you can still flash to stock and use it(pre-installed on stock) for free can you not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
No you dont have to pay double for a non 4g phone. The sero plan doesn't get attached to this new fee. If you get a 3g android phone then all you pay is $10 extra. Sero is still an awesome plan.
why wouldnt he have to pay $50??? if hes activating a new smartphone 3g or 4G hell pay another $10.... so hell pay $40 for SeRO-P and he'll pay another $10 in smartphone charge, making it $50.... the thing with SERo-P, Android, and the Fees is that if you ahve SERo-P AND 4G your straight on charges already($50/m).. meaning Sprint wont charge you the smartphone fee on top of the 4G fee... however if you activate a non 4G ANdroid smartphone, Sprint will charge you $30 for sero+ $10 for sero-P+$10 smartphone charge(4G users already pay this)= $50..
Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

SERO-P "includes" the newest $10 smartphone fee. An Android/BB/Instinct-type device would be $40/mo for current SERO users or $50 if that device has "4G" in its name (as of this post). So you'll only be at the $50 mark with the EVO/Epic/Transform/Shift.

Where it gets interesting is how some SERO users aren't getting charged any new fees for activating smartphones. So a new TP2 activation on SERO should stay at $30/mo. Then you have the SERO-restricted devices that pushes you into SERO-P at $40, as well as the 4G phones that go to $50. That is unless it's an insurance/warranty/repair device, in which case you're not affected.. until you contract renewal date.

They could probably have made this a little simpler

And for everybody posting about my Sprint Nav/TeleNav rant.. please go back to my original post and read the signature in that post.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
why wouldnt he have to pay $50??? if hes activating a new smartphone 3g or 4G hell pay another $10.... so hell pay $40 for SeRO-P and he'll pay another $10 in smartphone charge, making it $50.... the thing with SERo-P, Android, and the Fees is that if you ahve SERo-P AND 4G your straight on charges already($50/m).. meaning Sprint wont charge you the smartphone fee on top of the 4G fee... however if you activate a non 4G ANdroid smartphone, Sprint will charge you $30 for sero+ $10 for sero-P+$10 smartphone charge(4G users already pay this)= $50..
Please stop.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

BPFerrari1 is keeping up the good workBPFerrari1 is keeping up the good work

How does this fee affect people wanting to simply swap phones?

I have the Bold 9650 currently and looking to swap out to a spare Samsung Moment for a little while to get back on the Android scene.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

The premium fee only affects Everything Data. It does not affect sero. To make it easier, if your on sero, ignore the $10 premium fee that this thread is about. If your on the $30 sero plan and want a 3g android phone then ALL you pay is extra $10 to make it $40. If you want a 4g phone you pay $20 extra to make it $50. Thats all you pay. They dont charge you two $10 charges for just a 3g phone. So if your on sero this will not affect you.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion