PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
well, you only get those "supposed" speeds up to 5 gigs anyway, after that they throttle you down to 56k, so, enjoy that! btw, i still say its a fluke. why can only the hd7 get this speed? the other tmo 4g phones dont. i tried. and tried and trtied. its some kind of bug in wp7/ p.i.e.
They only throttle the speed on supposed abusers. I think you have to have a lot more than 5 gigs, or several months in a row or something like that for it to actually get throttled. The text you get at 5 gigs is automated, but the throttling is only on abusers.

Supposedly anyway.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:25 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
and my neighbor hood is not lit up with hspa+ either, so how do you explpain that that phone in my area got hspa+ speeds?
oh yea, its a fluke.
At least they haven't announced it as being launched in your neighborhood yet. T-Mobile is notorious for having it lit up long before they announce it. Even Sprint had wimax lit up for several months in my area before they announced it.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
My hd2 got better speeds than my wifes' evo and my brother's' epic. So answer me this: how is it that 3 phones with the same specs (hd2, evo, hd7) be so different...? Before you waste too much time, 2 have a different (tmo) radio .

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express
Old 01-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Unfortunately my 3G data speeds is terrible where I live. But 10 minutes down the road I get maxed out 4G signal and it's super fast. I downloaded 4 200mb roms while sitting in a restaraunt and they downloaded in like 8 minutes. I hear T-Mobile has some nice data speeds but no thanks if they throttle after 2gb! I had Verizon for 8 years and was on an unlimited data plan before they implemented the data cappin, so I was good to go. What made me go to Sprint was because of the locked down gps on Verizon smartphones and they got too expensive.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 01-29-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Unfortunately you haven't done your homework. Read the small print over at Verizon and you are STILL going to pay a lot more for Verizon's so-called unlimited data plans. And until they stand behind their recent claims of unlimited data, its not real yet. Use over 5gb data in billing cycle on Verizon or AT&T and then come post your thoughts. T-Mobile openly throttles after a predetermined amount usage.. might as well call it capped. You won't be watching youtube on those throttled speeds! Yep you amaze me too.
Speaking of homework, you know Verizon lost a lawsuit over calling plans unlimited that really weren't and were forced to pay everyone back and either make it unlimited or stop calling it unlimited, right? and this was a few years ago:
Verizon settles lawsuit over 'unlimited' data plans - FierceBroadbandWireless

Again, Verizon has unlimited data, and have said the iPhone will also have unlimited data. T-Mobile has unlimited data that they reserve the right to slow down after a certain amount on abusers. They got that idea from Sprint, who has been reserving that right for several years now.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:31 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
My hd2 got better speeds than my wifes' evo and my brother's' epic. So answer me this: how is it that 3 phones with the same specs (hd2, evo, hd7) be so different...? Before you waste too much time, 2 have a different (tmo) radio .

im tal;king about network speeds. the hd2 is not compatible with hsdpa or hspa+. evo is on a diffrent netework. come on doc, think about it.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:32 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
i cry foul because i also could not get those speeds on any other device in the store. how does that not say "fluke" to you? can you tell me why the hd7 gets those kind of results, but the othe 4g devices on tmobile do not? or are you just going to tell me sprint sucks. im saying those are not the real speedtest results.
to prove it to myself, im going to go about it a diffrent way. im going to try to go to the tmo store and download a file from my dropbx on both phones(the hd7 and the g2) ill let you know when they finnish at close to the same time even though the hd7 supposedly gets 4 times the speed according to the mobile speedtest website.
Or just tether a laptop and do a speedtest at the full speedtest.net site. Downloading from dropbox isn't exactly scientific.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
@ TX, they throttle after 5gb, but if you do it occasionally, you're good.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:33 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

have any of you guys noticed they changed the tmobile data coverage map a few days ago. it no longer defines speeds, it just says data or no data?
old:

new:
Old 01-29-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Or just tether a laptop and do a speedtest at the full speedtest.net site. Downloading from dropbox isn't exactly scientific.
i dont own both phones and cant tether at the tmo store! i dont even have an account with them!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion