PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

let's do something better: you keep paying $10 extra bucks and putt along at sprint speed, i won't and bolt across the web . don't get mad at me because sprint decided to charge extra and you fell for it....my 4.3" snapdragoned device (that came out before the evo) didn't cost me anything extra. as soon as anyone from this thread who's defending the charge trashes sprint later on about slow 4g or paying extra, i'll be there to wipe the tears with posts from this thread !
Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

LOL... You don't hear me crying...
I have a laptop and a desktop if I want to "bolt across the web" And this machine here at work that's connected via a T1 line...
No need to "bolt" on my phone... I just use it to look stuff up and to get my music fix. You can't tell me that my music is going to sound better on any other network. The 10 bucks is no sweat off my back. And I don't have to have a lame pink T logo on my phone to boot.
Seriously though... Call me... We have soooooo much to catching up to do.
Or can you deal with the fees?

lol.
p.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
LOL... You don't hear me crying...
I have a laptop and a desktop if I want to "bolt across the web" And this machine here at work that's connected via a T1 line...
No need to "bolt" on my phone... I just use it to look stuff up and to get my music fix. You can't tell me that my music is going to sound better on any other network. The 10 bucks is no sweat off my back. And I don't have to have a lame pink T logo on my phone to boot.
Seriously though... Call me... We have soooooo much to catching up to do.
Or can you deal with the fees?

lol.
p.
Following that logic...

I have a house phone with unlimited minutes, and another phone at my work desk.

I just use my cell phone mostly for messaging, data, apps, gps, camera, and occasionally a voice call.

Let me call you from my landline and leave the call connected for a week. Lets see if that $10 extra you are spending is worth it.

Again, I have an Evo. Just pointing out that your logic does not work for everyone.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Does your Home Phone have Free unlimited Long Distance??

You all need to get with the Times. If you have or can get Pick 3/5, 5 Faves( T-Mo, I think,) or Sprint to Home added to your plan, you can have Unlimited anytime anyphone minutes!

Call my Google Voice# that connects to My Cell and I can leave it connected all Month and still pay the same for my Sero plan with Free Sprint to Home.

Get one while you can, There are no local Google Voice numbers left where I live!!

Last edited by gullzway; 01-25-2011 at 08:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Following that logic...

I have a house phone with unlimited minutes, and another phone at my work desk.

I just use my cell phone mostly for messaging, data, apps, gps, camera, and occasionally a voice call.

Let me call you from my landline and leave the call connected for a week. Lets see if that $10 extra you are spending is worth it.

Again, I have an Evo. Just pointing out that your logic does not work for everyone.

It works for me... Call me at work.
Better yet... Call me on the 800 number... I don't pay that bill...

The logic works if you stay within the boundaries.

I use my phone for the same things... But faster internet is not that important to me. It I was using it as my sole internet device... I may have a reason to get faster service. I can connect 8 devices to my EVO... Have I? NOPE... I used to connect my netbook to my TP2 and I never had an issue going on the internet then?
Internet speed is extremely important when moving large packets or a large number of packets. I have a 16 gb card... That's my limit.
What's yours?

Seriously... What are you guys doing with your phone that requires you such speed?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Does your Home Phone have Free unlimited Long Distance??

You all need to get with the Times. If you have or can get Pick 3/5, 5 Faves( T-Mo, I think,) or Sprint to Home added to your plan, you can have Unlimited anytime anyphone minutes!

Call my Google Voice# that connects to My Cell and I can leave it connected all Month and still pay the same for my Sero plan with Free Sprint to Home.

Get one while you can, There are no local Google Voice numbers left where I live!!
Of course I have free long distance. Doesn't everyone these days?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
It works for me... Call me at work.
Better yet... Call me on the 800 number... I don't pay that bill...

The logic works if you stay within the boundaries.

I use my phone for the same things... But faster internet is not that important to me. It I was using it as my sole internet device... I may have a reason to get faster service. I can connect 8 devices to my EVO... Have I? NOPE... I used to connect my netbook to my TP2 and I never had an issue going on the internet then?
Internet speed is extremely important when moving large packets or a large number of packets. I have a 16 gb card... That's my limit.
What's yours?

Seriously... What are you guys doing with your phone that requires you such speed?
I use my phone internet for all the same things I do on my home computer. Plus video calls, mms, justin tv uploads, slingbox viewing, and streaming radio.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:34 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Of course I have free long distance. Doesn't everyone these days?
Not me, I have a $7/month free incoming, 15 calls outgoing home phone line I'm thinking of canceling because we never use it. I can also use google voice to initiate a call to it, making it unlimited incoming our outgoing.So actually, I guess I do!

I have unlimited everything on my Sprint cell.

Sent from an Epic 3G on SERO
Old 01-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Me too... It works great too...
Maybe it's just because I'm old enough to have experienced the internet at 1900 baud then 9600 baud then 52k then 56k then...
You get my point...
My phone does everythink I ask it to do and it does it great... And I'm in San Diego where I don't even have 4G... Go figure...

At least I'm not rocking an iPhone. My brothers in law both have to switch on their wifi every time they come to my house... There's free wifi there and their 3G is nowhere to be found.

I watch youtube videos as almost as fast as they do on wifi without needing to turn on wifi.

I can just imagine what 4G will be like.

I'll be able to torrent files faster I guess.
p.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Me too... It works great too...
Maybe it's just because I'm old enough to have experienced the internet at 1900 baud then 9600 baud then 52k then 56k then...
You get my point...
My phone does everythink I ask it to do and it does it great... And I'm in San Diego where I don't even have 4G... Go figure...

At least I'm not rocking an iPhone. My brothers in law both have to switch on their wifi every time they come to my house... There's free wifi there and their 3G is nowhere to be found.

I watch youtube videos as almost as fast as they do on wifi without needing to turn on wifi.

I can just imagine what 4G will be like.

I'll be able to torrent files faster I guess.
p.
I never use wifi. Sprint 4G, while not as fast as T-Mobile, still gets the job done.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion