PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 11:17 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

yea. sprints thought process on timing has always been suspect. you have to announce this type of stuff after something major, so it doesnt feel like your screwing people.
even if your really not.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
im sure this is a response to the premium data fee class action lawsuit. now the 4g customers cant say they are being singled out and not allowed to use their unlimited data to the fullest extent.
Never thought about that. This may have something to do with class action suit. Good point. There goes my .50 that I was going to get. He he

Sent from my Evo using tapatalk
Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

erikgrad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So this is considered a change to the terms & conditions, and I can leave my contract without ETF fee, correct?

I might as well get a Verizon iphone now; like many folks, I was just on Sprint to save a few bucks.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikgrad View Post
So this is considered a change to the terms & conditions, and I can leave my contract without ETF fee, correct?

I might as well get a Verizon iphone now; like many folks, I was just on Sprint to save a few bucks.
Don't think it is. It is only being enforced on new smartphone activations starting jan. 30.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (The Most EPIC ppc.: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ya. If they charge it to EVERY smartphone user, they have now defined the fee, as opposed to before when the terms were murky. I think this would deffinitly get thm out of hot water on the lawsuit.
Now I'm wonderig how they will implement this on sero? Is this a 3rd fee to them? 1 for sero premium, 1 just to have a smartphone and a third for an iconic device? Or doles this replace the iconikc device chrge?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

erikgrad is a n00b

...but if my phone breaks in the next 18 months, and I have to activate any other smartphone, I am stuck for the extra $10 per month.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

thenuwguy is a n00b

I was considering getting rid of my SERO plan and going with a normal group shared plan with my wife now that my daughter is getting ready to have a phone and I get a 23% disc. Does that mean I would go from $130 plus an additional line to $160 plus an additional line for 3 smartphones?

Last edited by thenuwguy; 01-18-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
I say there doing this for the evdo rev b luanch on feb 7 I'm down for this fee lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

I don't care either way since I'm already getting jobbed paying the premium data plan for the Epic. But I feel for those who activate a non 4G phone after the 30th.

Sprint is starting to get right up there with the other carriers and the incentives to stay with sprint are deteriorating. Just as expensive and questionable customer service and mediocre service...
Old 01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro 2

mellymelly is a n00b

so if i upgrade today to a 3g pda will i be charged the extra $10 on jan 30th?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion