PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
don't blame the messenger because t-mobile is faster than sprint, i just report what i know . and who said i couldn't make calls? let's get back on topic about being charged more for the same service. i'm glad you're happy with your provider, i'm not and left...period . i think alot of you have evos or epics and are glad that everyone has to pay now instead of just the fandroids, and you guys are trying to justify it any way you can. i showed you guys that t-mobile RIGHT NOW, has faster speeds than sprint and doesn't charge extra for it...but that's just not good enough for this bunch. this whole thing has had me laughing for hours now !
your right about that! i am glad every one is paying it now. i got my fee waived months ago. i bet they wont do that for anybody now.
i also hope a lot of people leave sprint too! more bandwidth for me! jk!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Let me guess....you have an evo or epic...i do not. So, you're fine with paying extra, I am not. So to everyone out there, enjoy your provider and I'll enjoy mine .
Old 01-19-2011, 02:09 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
I understand that in some cases tmo is faster but 1 picture showing speed comparisons isn't the whole picture. I don't want to get into it but a good proof of speed would be an article from a consumer agency that tested the signal coverage and speed in different areas. Not just in one like in your case. If tmo is faster for you where you live then thats great, but there is a bigger picture. All I can say is I'm glad tmo is good for you but when it comes to price comparison, even with the $10 increase sprint has better prices. And I am not saying that just to say it or start a war of words, I'm going off from a consumer reports article and a direct comparison of features and plans.

I agree. If your in a good T-mobile coverage area they may be a better option.
But if your like 80% of the United States your not covered by Even 3G tMobile service!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmo.jpg (91.6 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I agree. If your in a good T-mobile coverage area they may be a better option.
But if your like 80% of the United States your not covered by Even 3G tMobile service!
That's some excellent coverage there...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm a little confused about this. Me and my wife have two evo's already paying the $10 fee for both. So say if we upgrade later on in the year to say the evo2, will there be two separate fees? One for a smart phone and one for 4g? So it will be $20 added per line on top of the plan. I currently pay $149.99 with Sprint, on T-Mobile's site the best I can get is $139.99 with half the minutes. Anyone know of any way to get it cheaper?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Why y'all beating a dead horse lol, enjoy paying more...sprint has y'all brainwashed.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Seriously? What year is this that you have to stand outside to use that super duper smart phone you got?

And that's all well and good if you never leave where you are seeing your speeds. Personally, I'll pay the same amount and have better coverage indoors while everyone else is outside or dropping calls
You're crazy if you don't think anyone has ever had trouble with Sprint coverage indoors, anywhere. T-Mobile actually has way better 4G coverage than Sprint, both indoor and outdoor.

Also, Sprint is doing away with yearly upgrades.

Something that hasn't been brought up is T-Mobile has significantly cheaper plans than what is listed on their website. You have to call or go to a store to get those plans though and you also have to pay full retail for the phone. But with Sprint getting rid of the yearly upgrade it probably comes out to be way cheaper than Sprint.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacy1 View Post
I'm a little confused about this. Me and my wife have two evo's already paying the $10 fee for both. So say if we upgrade later on in the year to say the evo2, will there be two separate fees? One for a smart phone and one for 4g? So it will be $20 added per line on top of the plan. I currently pay $149.99 with Sprint, on T-Mobile's site the best I can get is $139.99 with half the minutes. Anyone know of any way to get it cheaper?
No, it'll be what it is now. If you were already being charged the extra $10, this doesn't effect you.

Last edited by blazinazn; 01-19-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
You're crazy if you don't think anyone has ever had trouble with Sprint coverage indoors, anywhere. T-Mobile actually has way better 4G coverage than Sprint, both indoor and outdoor.

Something that hasn't been brought up is T-Mobile has significantly cheaper plans than what is listed on their website. You have to call or go to a store to get those plans though and you also have to pay full retail for the phone. But with Sprint getting rid of the yearly upgrade it probably comes out to be way cheaper than Sprint.
I'm not saying Sprint is perfect. But when compared to t-mobile, it's better..And that's not just guessing, that's knowing first hand.

This is the first I've heard of it...I know I saw something about this with Verizon not Sprint. Link?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post

thank you sir . These guys think I'm shitting on sprint like I never had them lol.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion