PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
enjoy paying extra for the same service .
Haha, you'd be right if that were the case but the last time I checked they were still rolling out 4G, which isn't the "same services" you keep claiming.

In the mean time I'll be chillin on the couch makin phone calls regardless of where I am while you walk around with your wp7 in the air looking for a signal.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
SPRINT GIVES ME YEARLY UPGRADE TOO!!!!!!
t-mobile gave me the hd7 for $99....9 months AFTER i bought the hd2! and they let me keep the hd2!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatboyNYC View Post
Are you sure about that? I switched from a TP2 to a Hero and had my SERO plan changed to premium with the $10 fee already. So that means I won't see an additional $10?
That is correct. You will not see another fee. This fee only applies to everything data plans. Sero will be untouched. Plus if your already paying a $10 premium fee they won't be adding another $10 on top of that.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Haha, you'd be right if that were the case but the last time I checked they were still rolling out 4G, which isn't the "same services" you keep claiming.

In the mean time I'll be chillin on the couch makin phone calls regardless of where I am while you walk around with your wp7 in the air looking for a signal.
sprint is going to make a killing off people like you....check that mobilespeedtest pic again....i'm getting 3 times with t-mo what you're getting with 4g. staying on topic, this isn't about $10 4g charges...this is about $10 for all smartphone charges. does the $10 smartphone charge give you faster speeds? NO! so, you'll be paying extra for the same service if you don't have an epic or evo, thank you come again lol!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
what does that have to do with what we're talking about ? if you have sero, then why would you give that up? the people like me NOT on sero are pissed, and i left sprint rather than pay extra for the same service...period.
So get a SERO plan, I just got mine 3 months ago from a member here. Theres plenty for sale or free.

I just called a local T-Mo store and he told me if I buy The handset I could get even more Plus 500 minutes unlimited Text and data for $79.99. WTF? I said I thought it was more like $60. He said no, $39.99, $10 for texts, $30 for unlimited data.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
sprint is going to make a killing off people like you....check that mobilespeedtest pic again....i'm getting 3 times with t-mo what you're getting with 4g. staying on topic, this isn't about $10 4g charges...this is about $10 for all smartphone charges. does the $10 smartphone charge give you faster speeds? NO! so, you'll be paying extra for the same service if you don't have an epic or evo, thank you come again lol!
Sad thing about it is, even with the $10 it's still cheaper than tmobile. You gotta ask them to match it? And maybe t-mo should spend more of their money working on their PHONE network rather than data.

Who gives a flip if your data connections is 23042834 times faster if you can't make a simple phone call? And seriously, if you are that hardcore and you need that much speed, maybe you should consider getting a real computer?

All that super fast data really helps when my mom or brother needs to borrow my phone to make a phone call. LMAO!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
t-mobile gave me the hd7 for $99....9 months AFTER i bought the hd2! and they let me keep the hd2!
I'm glad your happy with tmob. If you are happy with them then there is no reason to change. For those who keep trying to deny what your saying forget them. As for me, I had tmo where I live and signal coverage was lacking. I currently have a 5 line family plan with sprint and after taxes and 20% discount and 2 evos on the account its only about $38-40 per line. Not to mention I also have a $10 discount for the next 2 years. So I'm happy with my plan. I also get great coverage. So I'm happy with sprint and your happy with tmo. can't we all just get along.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
I'm glad your happy with tmob. If you are happy with them then there is no reason to change. For those who keep trying to deny what your saying forget them. As for me, I had tmo where I live and signal coverage was lacking. I currently have a 5 line family plan with sprint and after taxes and 20% discount and 2 evos on the account its only about $38-40 per line. Not to mention I also have a $10 discount for the next 2 years. So I'm happy with my plan. I also get great coverage. So I'm happy with sprint and your happy with tmo. can't we all just get along.

Amen to that. I just hate when people try to act like their s@#$ don't stink and it's the greatest in the world. If it works for you, then more power to ya. To each his own. But don't try act like just cause you on it, it means everyone else is dumb or gettin ripped off.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled

don't blame the messenger because t-mobile is faster than sprint, i just report what i know . and who said i couldn't make calls? let's get back on topic about being charged more for the same service. i'm glad you're happy with your provider, i'm not and left...period . i think alot of you have evos or epics and are glad that everyone has to pay now instead of just the fandroids, and you guys are trying to justify it any way you can. i showed you guys that t-mobile RIGHT NOW, has faster speeds than sprint and doesn't charge extra for it...but that's just not good enough for this bunch. this whole thing has had me laughing for hours now !
Old 01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
don't blame the messenger because t-mobile is faster than sprint, i just report what i know . and who said i couldn't make calls? let's get back on topic about being charged more for the same service. i'm glad you're happy with your provider, i'm not and left...period . i think alot of you have evos or epics and are glad that everyone has to pay now instead of just the fandroids, and you guys are trying to justify it any way you can. i showed you guys that t-mobile RIGHT NOW, has faster speeds than sprint and doesn't charge extra for it...but that's just not good enough for this bunch. this whole thing has had me laughing for hours now !
I understand that in some cases tmo is faster but 1 picture showing speed comparisons isn't the whole picture. I don't want to get into it but a good proof of speed would be an article from a consumer agency that tested the signal coverage and speed in different areas. Not just in one like in your case. If tmo is faster for you where you live then thats great, but there is a bigger picture. All I can say is I'm glad tmo is good for you but when it comes to price comparison, even with the $10 increase sprint has better prices. And I am not saying that just to say it or start a war of words, I'm going off from a consumer reports article and a direct comparison of features and plans.

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion