PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciege View Post
Just went to a corporate sprint store. They would not let me pick up an EVO there for SERO Premium unless I paid FULL PRICE. They would give me no discounts at all. Told me if I wanted discounts that I would have to buy online or from telesales.
I assume that's b/c stores make their money on the plan when they sale you a new line or upgrade. Since you have a special plan, they make nothing. I understand that point of view. Sucks for you though!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-01-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thegameksk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So annoyed. Ive run around to 6 different stores today. Every time I call Sprint I am told something different in regards to where I can buy the phone and activate it. I was told go corporate and I went to 3 different ones all of whom said they couldnt do it. I called sprint from the store and they spoke with them and pretty much argued about it but in the end they still wouldnt do it. Then I called Sprint again and was told only way to get it is through telesales. Sprint had so long to prepare for this and idk how no one seems to know what the process is. Such a joke.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
So annoyed. Ive run around to 6 different stores today. Every time I call Sprint I am told something different in regards to where I can buy the phone and activate it. I was told go corporate and I went to 3 different ones all of whom said they couldnt do it. I called sprint from the store and they spoke with them and pretty much argued about it but in the end they still wouldnt do it. Then I called Sprint again and was told only way to get it is through telesales. Sprint had so long to prepare for this and idk how no one seems to know what the process is. Such a joke.
If I were you I would just get it through telesales. Sprint stores want you to upgrade the plan to a higher price and then renew your contract so they could make more money. Just do it through telesales or wait around and see what happens.

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 10-01-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

like miss Courthey said...the stores make their money on upgrades and/or new lines. so their trying to get the most out of you by saying no and only giving you a choice to upgrade out of the old plan and into a new one.

go the telesales route.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I renewed my sero account at best buy without a problem. Just try it again and tell them your going to activate it yourself and then call sprint and add the premium addon before you activate it or have them help you over the phone. I have been able to use my discount on my sero account at best buy several times. It's worth it since they don't have mail in rebates.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Last edited by WarChild; 10-02-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

You save on the activation fee by doing it online anyway and overnight shipping is free Telesales can also waive it if you say "I was going to order it online to save on the activation fee but I had a question for you first." I wasn't bluffing, I actually did have a question, and they offered to just complete the sale there with the same online perks.

Sprint corporate stores are supposed to be able to do it, but communication to the stores seems to be lacking. I was in one earlier this week that flat out said SERO Premium does not exist and they will not touch my account or service me under any circumstances. Another store said they could work with SERO accounts, though they had not heard of SERO Premium yet. That store said she assumed they would be able to do it, but since she hadn't seen any communication wasn't sure. But my interest in doing it in store was mainly just because it wasn't available online. When they got them back in stock, I went that route.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

weefa is a n00b

I activated my EVO without hassle today. It will cost me an extra $240 a year to use it, but I can't really complain because the plan is much cheaper than the regular plans they offer.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

birostick is a n00b

So, my story with the evo and new premium plan.

Stayed up late ~3.30am last night/this morning hoping I would be able to put it on my plan through the sprint website. This failed after multiple attempts and then the website went down and I couldn't even log in.

Got up this morning, went to the Sprint store (corporate) - looked at some cases for my evo, talked to a nice guy who knew nothing about the SERO Premium plan and said to me "I'm not going to mess with your account because it will only screw you in the end". Fine with me... He says to call Customer Service.

I all CS and get through immediately (this is about 1:15pm eastern time) to a man who knew exactly what he was doing. The whole process took ~4-5 mins TOPS. He switched over my plan, said to power on the EVO and BAM! I could make calls/surf the web as soon as it activated.

TLDR - Call up CS and have them do it for you. If you already have the phone - say you want to upgrade your plan FIRST then tell them you are just doing a phone switch.

Now i'm a happy guy with a rooted and freshly installed new ROM on my EVO
Old 10-01-2010, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thegameksk is a n00b

I ended ordering an epic off the web site. I can deal with the mail in rebate. Just annoyed that no one seemed to be able to give me a straight answer on where to go and I was sent on a wild goose chase.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Just upgraded to sero premium and I'm on the phone waiting for telesales...for the past 30 minutes so I can get my Epic.

Stop buying phones off telesales and let me get mine, people! lol

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero