PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: SERO to allow other phones

guess Ill have to wait till October 1st.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

I found this Oct 1st thing interesting as well. I was searching for the Russ McGuire email so I could show my Fiance the new plans we would have to get if I upgraded phones since I cant get the FF $30 I have on an Android phone.

After reading a few things elsewhere I tracked all the way to...

http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-conf...changes-12268/

http://mcguireslaw.com/2009/07/24/ps...erything-plus/
(Keep reading, it isn't just about the Pre)

So for those who have NOT switched yet, but really want to.... Hold on just a little longer. I have my TP2, but MAN do I want the Epic from Samsung. I just was dreading the change.

My wish may be coming true of SERO again
Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c (busted)

PhatboyNYC is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
I'm not on that plan nor do I know for certain the price of that plan. I've heard of both "free BIS" as well as a $10 "addon" to SERO. It also seems that people with the latter are receiving phone calls and emails from Sprint giving them options to change to the $40 SERO BKB plan or kindly leave.
Actually it's the other way around. The people with the "free BIS" are the ones that are getting the calls/emails about the options to upgrade. My wife has a BB Tour with the $10 addon for SERO on my account and I have yet to get any contact from Sprint.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i forget if it was this thread or the other SERO thread that a question was asked regarding being able to go back to $30/mo if you back to a non-iconic device on the SERO. looks like it was asked and mr mcguire answered. and it was a no. from what i read in his blog...they're calling the $40/$50 plans premium SERO/FnF plans because of the anytime any mobile and sprint nav.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Considering the lack of available phone options for the standard SERO plan, I really can't imagine anyone wanting to revert back to it once they've upgraded to an Android device or something comparable.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah but different strokes for different folks. like me for example. my SERO line barely gets any use. because i use it as a back up line just in case something happens to my phone on the ED plan. but other than that, sprint is getting $30 + tax from me for me not using it most of the time. why am i holding on to it? because it makes sense for me to just pay $30 for a backup line instead of $50/mo getting the Epic or Evo on it. that's why for me personally...the limited option on the phone choices isn't that big of a deal. i can always put my tp2 on it and it will be good enough for me.

but having this premium SERO plan available is a very good thing though.

Last edited by Mojary; 08-20-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

If you only have a SERO plan for a backup line, why not just get a pre-paid phone instead? That way you don't have recurring monthly charges. As for me, my SERO line is my main line but I use my phone more for internet and multimedia than actual phone calls. lol
Old 08-24-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

i had a go-phone before. and the SERO was a lot cheaper. its still cheaper than boost and virgin and metro.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
i forget if it was this thread or the other SERO thread that a question was asked regarding being able to go back to $30/mo if you back to a non-iconic device on the SERO. looks like it was asked and mr mcguire answered. and it was a no. from what i read in his blog...they're calling the $40/$50 plans premium SERO/FnF plans because of the anytime any mobile and sprint nav.
According to Russ, you *can* switch back:

Quote:
BJ and Andrew - In asking today, it appears I had misunderstood an earlier note. Customer will be able to downgrade from SERO Premium back to SERO.
BJ - Yes, you can switch from a 4G device back to a 3G device and drop the extra $10.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Now that sounds good.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero