PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Upgrading from $30 SERO to Evo 4g...Best Plan?

this is why it's more difficult to get discount these days.. too much abuse from the vultures trying to get free meals.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerjv View Post
How long ago did you get the 20/24 offered to you? I just spoke retentions yesterday and all I could get offered was 10/24.
I believe it was the beginning of Feb if im not mistaken. I did say that the 20/24 wasnt offered anymore though. I was able to get it added about 2 days after it was stopped.

Evo on 3g

Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
this is why it's more difficult to get discount these days.. too much abuse from the vultures trying to get free meals.
How would you consider people that were offered or that were eligible to get it vultures? If anything, Sprint looked at it like they were trying get the "vultures" that were on sero and legacy plans off to there ED plans.

Its the same as calling everyone that uses upgrades and mir as vultures because you have to sign a new contract for that discount. With the 20/24 & 10/24 deals, you have to extend your contract to get it.

This is just another tactic for Sprint to lock their current customers in for another 2 yrs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Ok, I'm on SERO currently and yes thinking of the Evo when it arrives...

That said, the best way to get a good deal from Sprint is to play hardball.

What does that mean?

First, you need a strong negotiating position with them. That means you should be off contract and looking at all your options. Make it clear that price is important to you. Remind them often of how long you've been with Sprint. Remind them you are loyal. Let them know that AT&T has a nice little device called the iPhone that really is cool.

This kind of gentle pressure has worked for me in the past.

Also, do not be afraid to hang up without closing a deal. Their computers track how many times you have called, and they are motivated to keep you happy, and keep your business. Many times in the past, I finally got the deal I was looking for on the second or third call.

Always be nice, never rude, always firmly press for your wishes, and of course the Ace up your sleeve is: You're off contract looking to renew.

Just my $.02

Best of luck.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

smaxcom is a n00b

Thanks for the help guys. I will not be going with a family plan, since I do not trust most of friends or family members to pay me on time each month, lol. So it sounds like the $59.99 new SERO plans is what I will go with. I do qualify for a 25% discount with the company I work for but was never able to get it applied with my classic SERO plan...will it be possible to get it applied to the new SERO plan?

Thanks again!
Old 05-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaxcom View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I will not be going with a family plan, since I do not trust most of friends or family members to pay me on time each month, lol. So it sounds like the $59.99 new SERO plans is what I will go with. I do qualify for a 25% discount with the company I work for but was never able to get it applied with my classic SERO plan...will it be possible to get it applied to the new SERO plan?

Thanks again!
if you get the discount added to your account before you go to the new sero plan it will automatically roll over. For instance if you're on a regular plan and getting 25% off then somehow you get them to switch your plan (not create a new account, just switch the plan) then the discount will roll over because the discount is tied to the account not the plan. example i was a sprint employee and every employee gets 25% off the bill, when i quit and they changed my plan to the sero plan, i was still getting 25% off my entire bill. Basically get the discount on there before and you're good, once you change to that plan they can't add a discount, unless you have somebody who isn't going by the book on your side.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-01-2010, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Correct me if im wrong, but its my understanding that you can only get the new sero plans if your starting a brand new line and not just switching plans. So if that is true then any discounts you had on the old line would be useless.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
Correct me if im wrong, but its my understanding that you can only get the new sero plans if your starting a brand new line and not just switching plans. So if that is true then any discounts you had on the old line would be useless.
If you're already on sero you're eligible for the new sero. I'm betting if you're on a super plush legacy plan that has a discount tied to it you could probably mouthpiece the rep to put you in the sero plan as well.

Last edited by p-slim; 05-01-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
If you're already on sero you're eligible for the new sero.
Well he also said that he was never able to apply the 25% discount because he is on sero so then he would not be able to bring it over.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
Well he also said that he was never able to apply the 25% discount because he is on sero so then he would not be able to bring it over.
You're correct he isn't going to be eligible for that. I was just explaining how it works. When he tried to get it the 1st time, he should already realize he's not going to get it now.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion