PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

smaxcom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrading from $30 SERO to Evo 4g...Best Plan?

Hey Evrybody,

Like I suspect many of you on here, I am currently on a $30 Sprint SERO plan with a Touch Pro 2. I have been putting off making the switch to Android for two reasons, mostly because Sprint will not allow me to activate an Android device without upgrading to a different (more expensive plan), I have also been waiting on Sprint to launch a android device that is ground breaking enough to lure me away from my SERO plan...the EVO is that device.

My question is, when I am forced to change plans, what is the absolute best plan that I can get that will be somewhat comparable in value to my current SERO plan?

If you are not familiar with the $30 SERO plan, I get 500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends starting at 7pm, unlimited text, and unlimited data. I never go over my 500 minutes b/c I'm mainly a texter/data user.

I'm sure there are plenty others out there wondering the same thing as me, so any help here will be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Upgrading from $30 SERO to Evo 4g...Best Plan?

im not a sprint user myself but i have studied their plans. have you checked out the any mobile anytime 450 plan? its 69 bucks, 450 mins to landlines, unlimited to any cell, unlimited data/texts/mms/gps etc
Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

entropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good work

The "new" SERO. 500 minutes, unlimited text/data/GPS/Any Mobile Any Time/etc, $59.99/month. Google EPRP plans.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jake1110 is a n00b

I'm not a regular poster here, but I can tell you that family plans are the best. If you have any friends or family, go in together and you can get a very cheap EPRP plan. 1600 mins plus unlimited data, texts, anytime anymobile for 4 lines comes out to be $35 per line. Five lines would be $31 per line(only a $1 more than SERO!!). That's exactly what I plan on doing. If your company email can get you a good discount(ie 21-23%), skip the EPRP because you can't add employer discounts to those plans.

Good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1110 View Post
I'm not a regular poster here, but I can tell you that family plans are the best. If you have any friends or family, go in together and you can get a very cheap EPRP plan. 1600 mins plus unlimited data, texts, anytime anymobile for 4 lines comes out to be $35 per line. Five lines would be $31 per line(only a $1 more than SERO!!). That's exactly what I plan on doing. If your company email can get you a good discount(ie 21-23%), skip the EPRP because you can't add employer discounts to those plans.

Good luck!
I agree 100%, if you can get the family plan, that's the cheapest out of all of them in the long run. Also, family plan + corp/business discount nets even cheaper but for only 1500 minutes. If you don't have the people for a family plan, then go to the "new sero" plan for sprint employees, which is 500 minutes, unlimited everything + nights at 7pm for 59.99, if you have that 20-25% discount for corp/business, it's $55 for 450 minutes instead.

One caveat, I do know two people who convinced account services to give them $20 off recurring for 24 months when they upgraded from their old SERO to the "new" SERO 500 minutes plan. I don't know how they convinced the rep, but they did.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Well if you dont want to go the family plan route, than your best bet would be the $69.99 450 min plan. Although the $59.99 500 min plan seems to offer more for less, it really doesnt. From what I understand, you cant really add on discounts to this plan.

Now with the $69.99 plan, you can add a corp discount (your best is 27%) and also add a 10/24 credit which deducts $10 off your bill a month for 24 months.

If you have switched your plan in Feb, you would have been able to get the 20/24 deal. I was lucky to catch it 2 days after they stopped offering it.

Evo on 3g

Old 04-30-2010, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How do you get that 27% discount? Also, what is a 20/24 credit and how do you get it?
Old 04-30-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
How do you get that 27% discount? Also, what is a 20/24 credit and how do you get it?
Sent you a pm.

As far as the 20/24, they say its not offered anymore but I got it by calling retentions and saying I was thinking of switching and heard about the 20/24 and the rep had to search to find it and was able to add it to my legacy plan. I will be switching to a ED plan when I buy the Evo.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
Sent you a pm.

As far as the 20/24, they say its not offered anymore but I got it by calling retentions and saying I was thinking of switching and heard about the 20/24 and the rep had to search to find it and was able to add it to my legacy plan. I will be switching to a ED plan when I buy the Evo.
What is it (the 20/20)?

EDIT: never mind. I just read your PM. Thanks man.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 04-30-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

pokerjv is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
Sent you a pm.

How long ago did you get the 20/24 offered to you? I just spoke retentions yesterday and all I could get offered was 10/24.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion