PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card
Carrier: Sprint

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon telling customers to leave?

My friend called Verizon to ask if, being a loyal customer, did they have any discounted plans for her and her bf? They have the Verizon everything plan with blackberry add on. Kind of like how sprint has SERO plans, and such.

The customer service at Verizon told her they don't have retentions, they have marketing development. So they transfered here and they hug up on her.

Her bf called and they told him "We don't do that, if you want an everything plan with data for that price, go to Sprint" and transfered him to marketing who hung up on him.

I was REALLY surprised to hear this.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Verizon telling customers to leave?

WOW, me too! I know for a fact they have retentions. Been working there with wideawake a total of about 4 years now I'm so sorry for this. If there's something I can do to help, PM me and I'll try! We are opening a new store ourselves so would be glad to help!!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson

Last edited by GirlGoneGeek; 04-04-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I wouldn't take that as the stance of the company. I actually had a Sprint Retentions Manager basically tell me to take our lines to Verizon if I didn't like what was happening. I was FURIOUS when that happened. I cooled down, called back an hour or so later, talked to a rep that couldn't believe it and basically bent over backwards to make me happy. So don't let one bad apple spoil you
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Exactly! There are people like this all over the world. I'd just smile and say well thanks for your time, have a wonderful afternoon Then move on to the next Rep or option depending on your situation.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Bullshit.

Don't blame a bad rep on a bad company

There is a retentions AND a winback department.

You don't contact Marketing to complain as a member of the public. You have to be a member of the industry or the media to talk to marketing.

you need to talk to Public/Community relations to settle a dispute like that. You also talk to a supervisor, Corporate offices, etc.

Whatever you got was not Marketing, and i wouldnt call that much of Customer Service either.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

Laos you really think this is how Verizon works? ha, you're nuts if so! Sprint did this to their customers in my face for 4 years, Verizon has done it maybe 3 times, all being BAD REPS! I wouldn't have switched working from sprint to verizon if it were that bad! The rep just lied and didn't want you going to retentions, probably got hired from Sprint, haha j/k Seriously, yes there is a retentions and you should not have given up so easily. There are much better Reps and Customer Service teams everywhere, sprint and verizon. We just get the BAD APPLES sometimes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

hey now! watch those sprint references...u never know where i might be lurking .

I <3 SPRINT!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

To each his own. That's why I said "There are much better Reps and Customer Service teams everywhere, sprint and verizon. We just get the BAD APPLES sometimes."

I know you love Sprint and if I didn't like them we wouldn't still have our service with them either

It's just bad reps working for both companies that make these people hate them.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

it was probably some lazy rep who didnt want to deal with anybody today. ive had a situation like that before. they didnt want to give me a new phone and told me they coudlnt help

maybe it was his/her bad luck and got all the lazy reps that day? haha
Old 04-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

Agree I do love Sprint and Verizon as well as hate certain things that happen with both companies, what can we do about it? Nothing but find a better Rep IMO

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion