PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If Sprint and Verizon carried iPhone, will you switch?
Yeah Baby, I'll sell out to the darkside and I love it! 25 26.32%
No, Hell no! 70 73.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I swear, I don't think any of you have actually used an iPhone for an amount of time longer than a glance at the electronics store. ...

Now if Sprint was able to get the iPhone and I can put it on Sero, I'll jump in a heartbeat. Even if I had to pay twice the price of my Sero, the iPhone is still worth it. Yes, its that much better. The only thing I didn't like is Apple has too much control, but you can jailbreak it and tell Apple to go screw themselves. I hate Apple with a passion, but I have to admit the iPhone rocks!
+1... these threads are just a collection of ignorant posts about the iphone from people who have never used them. Obviously the iphone is not for everyone but that doesn't mean it stinks. They just hate it because it gets the most attention and some of the iphone users are jerks. So whenever the word "iphone" comes up, there is this emotional need to put it down and defend our own devices.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I will never own anything Apple...I will however, be holding out for the HD2....
Old 01-15-2010, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

turbochris is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
If Sprint and VZW had iPhone, how many of you guys will switch? I know I’ll switch the same day without thinking twice. Its miles ahead of WinMo in every way, I’m starting to miss mines. Damn ATT.
it's funny this should pop up. My little girl was trying to load some songs on her ipod and it was giving her fits. She rebooted my computer and walked away. teh thing hung on the bios splash screen. I stood there looking at it and wondered wtf happened, then I just yanked the usb cable for the ipod out and it booted right up.

I love my little girl and she wanted an ipod "since all the cool people have them" so I got her one. I love her enough to corrupt my computer by installing itunes (I couldn't find any non apple software that would work with this newer ipod FAIL!).

She's beginning to learn it's not worth the trouble to be cool, and it really isn't cool anyway.

Anyway, as for the question- owning an iphone is like having a nice (not real nice) sports car that has the hood welded shut. I want to get inside and tweak it!

I honestly feel that any forum member that buys an iphone is slapping people like MightyMike and Juggalo_X in the face. I can make my TP2 do whatever I want. HTC for me
Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 AM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbochris View Post
I honestly feel that any forum member that buys an iphone is slapping people like MightyMike and Juggalo_X in the face.
You can't be serious... this is just another example of how "personal" people take the iphone... incredible.

I have all the utmost respect for MM, Juggalo, and other master cooks. But people, get a grip on reality! I don't think MM or Juggalo lose any sleep over the iphone.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

xxceenotexx is just getting started

No Iphone here.. im cool with the touch pro i have! Fun to me does what i want it to.. n i love to watch my movie chanm basketball channels n a havent missed a football game yet! This has been a good phone for me!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
+1... these threads are just a collection of ignorant posts about the iphone from people who have never used them. Obviously the iphone is not for everyone but that doesn't mean it stinks. They just hate it because it gets the most attention and some of the iphone users are jerks. So whenever the word "iphone" comes up, there is this emotional need to put it down and defend our own devices.
i actually use to own a iphone 3g, but i gave it to my mom..its better for games tho but after a week i stopped playing them anyway & my sis(1g) & best friend(3gs) owns 1 & they always come to me when it starts to act up or if they need anything done to it so i know the phone pretty well & only thing i like better about the iphone is that they have so many tower defense games..i love those...anyway i would pick the tp2 anyday of the week over the iphone

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 01-15-2010, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

turbochris is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
You can't be serious... this is just another example of how "personal" people take the iphone... incredible.

I have all the utmost respect for MM, Juggalo, and other master cooks. But people, get a grip on reality! I don't think MM or Juggalo lose any sleep over the iphone.
I'm probably about 75% serious. Talking about an iphone here is like bringing a bb gun to a gun show
Old 01-15-2010, 02:03 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbochris View Post
I'm probably about 75% serious. Talking about an iphone here is like bringing a bb gun to a gun show
OK now I understand why iphone users laugh and make fun of us winmo users... We are an insecure bunch of people aren't we?

(I'm about 75% serious.... lol)
Old 01-15-2010, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
I swear, I don't think any of you have actually used an iPhone for an amount of time longer than a glance at the electronics store. I had the iPhone 3G the day it came out for about 6 months last year before coming to Sprint, trust me, its WAYYYYYYYYYY better than WinMo. The only reason I switched is because ATT had 3G issues in my area and the price of ATT service was not worth it.

Now if Sprint was able to get the iPhone and I can put it on Sero, I'll jump in a heartbeat. Even if I had to pay twice the price of my Sero, the iPhone is still worth it. Yes, its that much better. The only thing I didn't like is Apple has too much control, but you can jailbreak it and tell Apple to go screw themselves. I hate Apple with a passion, but I have to admit the iPhone rocks!
Whupdedoo, it works for your life; no need to repeat yourself as you have already made that apparent in your first post.
To be honest, I gave the Iphone a shot (used my friends phone for a while); while it isnt a bad phone, it simply doesnt hold a candle to the TP2, or WM platform, for its utility.

Quick examples:
  • I like how I can boot up WifiRouter while my phone is giving directions and playing music through car speakers.
  • I like how I can pull out the stylus in mid call and the phone automatically brings me to notepad so I can jot important notes.
  • I like how I can enable my bluetooth headset, throw the phone under my 3 layers of snowboard gear, listen to music and get notified by voice when a friend or work is calling me.
  • I like how I can still use the screen and buttons while I'm wearing gloves.
  • I LOVE how pocket Excel is as versitile as the desktop version, lets me bang out quick formulas, and save them to tweak, or view on my laptop or desktop.
  • I like how PocketOffice can pretty much read/edit/save any document without fudging up the extension and making it unreadable to desktops.
So yes, I have taken the iPhone for a good testdrive. While It works perfectly for you, again, I like my phone because its versitile and doesnt try to sell me gimmicky gadgets to show off to my friends
Old 01-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Simply put, no, I wouldn't switch.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion