PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To all those who have Sprint...be patient...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
i did.. but im comparing on contract plans. which most have.. or get

even more plus is a good deal.. but not cheap enough for alot of peeps to switch..

why.. cause most people count month to month cost.. they dont think ahead to hey i can save 300 a year doing this.. same with most people buying a car. they want the lowest payment and end up with a 7 year loan,lol

so your plan is cheaper. but if u tack on the cost of the phone the monthly plan goes up.. thats my whole point..

wouldnt u rather save up and buy the phone outright and not have to pay on the phone fo 2 years. when like me u u trade out phone every couple months..

im just saying if u compare without the cost without adding the cost of the phone into your monthly plan yes its a good deal and cheaper than sprints.a sub price..

im sorry but i would never pay on a phone over 2 years.. thats like stupid people who rent to own.. and pay 2000 dollars for a 500 dollar tv.lol yes i know they just split the cost over 24 months with no interest..
Uh, month to month cost T-Mobile was $10 cheaper than Sprint. You then brought up the cost of the phone, so I pointed out that even with the cost of the phone, T-Mobile was still cheaper.

Look man, no matter how you slice this...

T-Mobile's plan is $10 per month cheaper than the comparable plan on Sprint.

If you factor in the cost of the device, then T-Mobile was still cheaper.

You can pay for the full cost of the device up front on T-Mobile. I only averaged it out over 2 years because you incorrectly stated, repeatedly, that Sprint was cheaper when you factor in the cost of the phone.

So yes, pay for the phone up front, as you said you want to do, and then your monthly fee is $10 less on T-Mobile than it is on Sprint. And, again, that is without a contract on T-Mobile, and stuck in a 2 year deal on Sprint.

Please explain to me how Sprint is cheaper. You are just not making any sense at this point. I need you to explain so I can understand what you're trying to say here. I have posted the numbers and T-Mobile's plans were cheaper, and if you add in the cost of the phones T-Mobile was still cheaper- cheaper per month and cheaper overall. If you diagree with that, post some numbers so I can see where you are disagreeing. And I don't mean your special super secret discount. Who knows what kind of special discount you might get at T-Mobile. We're taliing about advertised plans here...

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 01-11-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Uh, month to month cost T-Mobile was $10 cheaper than Sprint. You then brought up the cost of the phone, so I pointed out that even with the cost of the phone, T-Mobile was still cheaper.

Look man, no matter how you slice this...

T-Mobile's plan is $10 per month cheaper than the comparable plan on Sprint.

If you factor in the cost of the device, then T-Mobile was still cheaper.

You can pay for the full cost of the device up front on T-Mobile. I only averaged it out over 2 years because you incorrectly stated, repeatedly, that Sprint was cheaper when you factor in the cost of the phone.

So yes, pay for the phone up front, as you said you want to do, and then your monthly fee is $10 less on T-Mobile than it is on Sprint. And, again, that is without a contract on T-Mobile, and stuck in a 2 year deal on Sprint.

Please explain to me how Sprint is cheaper. You are just not making any sense at this point. I need you to explain so I can understand what you're trying to say here. I have posted the numbers and T-Mobile's plans were cheaper, and if you add in the cost of the phones T-Mobile was still cheaper- cheaper per month and cheaper overall. If you diagree with that, post some numbers so I can see where you are disagreeing. And I don't mean your special super secret discount. Who knows what kind of special discount you might get at T-Mobile. We're taliing about advertised plans here...
As for your ridiculous cost numbers, lets go over that...

T-Mobile Even More Plus 1500 unlimited text and web, with a MyTouch 3G (comparable to Hero):
Phone cost: $399.99 (no contract)
Plan cost: $119.99
So over the course of that 2 year contract, $16 per month. With the plan and the phone both factored in, that is about $136 per month on T-Mobile- with no contract. Im talking bout this..the extra 16 a month..

Sprint Everything Data 1500 with Hero:
Phone cost: $179.99 (with 2 year contract)
Plan cost: $129.99
So over the course of that 2 year co0ntract, the phone costs $7 per month. So with the plan and the phone both factored in, it costs about $137, and that is WITH a 2 year contract. Vs paying the 179 for the hero..upfront meaning your still paying 129.99 before taxes. Thats how people think..they would have a lower monthly payment and a higher up front cost.. so with the t-mobile deal its better to buy the phone upfront.. but if u do installments vs the same plan with sprint. after u pay 179 for the hero then sprint is cheaper. thats my point

So, again, T-Mobile comes out cheaper. If you get some kind fo discount on Sprint, fine- that will obviously play into it. But for the average joe T-Mobile is cheaper, and they don't even require a contract.

And this is all taken straight from the websites, no hunting for secret deals or discounts...
Old 01-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

well, this turned out good....
Old 01-11-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

darkjje is becoming a great contributor

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=45
Sero 500
Old 01-11-2010, 10:46 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
As for your ridiculous cost numbers, lets go over that...

T-Mobile Even More Plus 1500 unlimited text and web, with a MyTouch 3G (comparable to Hero):
Phone cost: $399.99 (no contract)
Plan cost: $119.99
So over the course of that 2 year contract, $16 per month. With the plan and the phone both factored in, that is about $136 per month on T-Mobile- with no contract. Im talking bout this..the extra 16 a month..

Sprint Everything Data 1500 with Hero:
Phone cost: $179.99 (with 2 year contract)
Plan cost: $129.99
So over the course of that 2 year co0ntract, the phone costs $7 per month. So with the plan and the phone both factored in, it costs about $137, and that is WITH a 2 year contract. Vs paying the 179 for the hero..upfront meaning your still paying 129.99 before taxes. Thats how people think..they would have a lower monthly payment and a higher up front cost.. so with the t-mobile deal its better to buy the phone upfront.. but if u do installments vs the same plan with sprint. after u pay 179 for the hero then sprint is cheaper. thats my point

So, again, T-Mobile comes out cheaper. If you get some kind fo discount on Sprint, fine- that will obviously play into it. But for the average joe T-Mobile is cheaper, and they don't even require a contract.

And this is all taken straight from the websites, no hunting for secret deals or discounts...
There is no extra $16 per month man, lol. I was saying if you took the cost of the device and averaged it out over 2 years (since we were comparing it to a 2 year Sprint contract) it would equal $16 per month. The price per month is $119.99 on T-Mobile. It's $129.99 on Sprint.

If you WANT you can break the cost of the device up intp up to 20 payments, not 24. But you certainly don't have to, you can pay for it up front if that's your thing. Or you could even pay $180 up front (the cost of the Sprint phone) and break up the remaining $120 if you want. $120 / 20 = an extra $6 per month. And that is only for 20 months, the last 4 months would be even cheaper. So it is still cheaper than Sprint.

No matter how you slice it man, T-mobile is cheaper.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 01-12-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started

so many angry people, lol

i jumped sprint, not because i didn't like them, because i did. my plan was cheap, and i had coverage basically everywhere (well, except work and home, lol). i could travel, and still had coverage. compare that with my sister and my parents, who are on TMO, and at the music festival we go to in september (by the way, walnut valley river music festival i highly recommend), they couldn't call. no coverage. not a bit.

that being said, i bought the nexus one today. don't have it yet, so i haven't gotten to play with it. nor do i know how great my coverage will be. but, i'm supposed to be in 3g coverage where i live and work, so, most of the time, i should be okay. i also get fewer minutes. but, i never used them anyway, and i'm hoping i can set up a free voip service to use most of the time anyway, as i'm almost always in wi-fi range. plus, i wanted a spankin fast android machine. i've had windows mobile for years, and love the fact that i can tweak it over and over. but, you know what would be awesome? getting something that works right off the bat. every winmo phone i've gotten so far i have to go in and spend a lot of time just dinking with stuff just so it works. i know that there are a lot of really cool programs for winmo, and you can get your phone to do really amazing things. but, the OS is clunky, underneath it all, and ugly. sense ui has gone a long way to fix things, but, seriously, why is it that htc is bearing all the weight of fixing the OS that winmo really hasn't done much for in a bit?

oh well, i guess i'll report back, letcha know whether i'm happy, or whether i hate it. sprint was okay. i hear good things about tmo, but we'll see

peas
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:20 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjje View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=46
Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post

what you need to do is DROP SPRINT AND GET TMOBILE, cuz obviously theres no spark between you and sprint. Why are you debating this so hard if you are still currently on sprint? why have you not "jumped ship" as they say?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If Sprint was truly a great carrier, you wouldn't have to make threads like this.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZ*BabysH View Post
what you need to do is DROP SPRINT AND GET TMOBILE, cuz obviously theres no spark between you and sprint. Why are you debating this so hard if you are still currently on sprint? why have you not "jumped ship" as they say?
I'm with Sprint because...
#1: The plan I have (not advertised, employee referral plan) is cheaper than T-Mobile's advertised plans.
#2: It would cost a pretty penny to replace my 4 Touch Pro 2 phones on my family plan, and it would be stupid to do that right now anyway with WM7 and Android 2.1 right around the corner.
#3: I signed up for this before T-Mobile lowered their prices to what they are now.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion