PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

thayer is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3d driver for testing. UPDATED 11.29.10

Just download the one from the thread and use that one. It is pre-edited. you need not edit your own froyo.conf file.

I found that after mounting the new 3d driver, angry birds was faster (still not anywhere close to where it is on the shipped with android devices) I could see the logo ect.

My sound works.

My phone does reset randomly. But that may have to do with my XDAndroid build I'm using. It is the most recent. I start fresh with whatever latest XD Android build is released.

Thank you so much for enhancing the Windroid experience.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

O sorry tiad im also using windows on my laptop. o and it is windows 7 if that makes a difference
Old 11-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I'm using Windows. I'm also not sure how to edit the file.
in windows use (WORDPAD)
IT'S GOING TO LOOK LIKE THIS. SEE BOTTOM PAGE

# General parameters
general{
renice=1 # Run the renice script to inprove call answering
}
#compcache related parameters
compcache{
compcache_en=1 # enable(1) or disable(0)20 compcache
cc_disksize=100 # Ram swap disksize - any number between 1 to 98 should work; default is 1/4 of the RAM (24)
cc_memlimit=64 # Limit the memory usage for backing swap (cc .5x known issue-defaults to 15% of total RAM)
cc_backingswap_en=0 # enable(1) or disable(0) backing swap
cc_backingswap=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 # pointing to the backingswap partition device, swap
}
#create swap file for compcache or linux swap
swap_file{
swap_file_en=0 # set to 1 to create swap file
# set to 0 to del the swap file
linux_swap_file_size=32 # swap file size in MB
linux_swap_file=/sdcard/swapfile # pointing to the swap file location ( must be /system/sd/)
}

#Linux swap parameters
#
# linux swap can only be enabled if cc_backingswap_en is set to "0"
#
linux_swap{
linux_swap_en=0 # enable(1) or disable(0) linux swap
linux_swap_partition=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 # swap partition device
}
#virtual memory
sys_vm{
sys_vm_en=1 # enable(1) or disable(0) virtual memory configurations
swappiness=0 # default 60
page_cluster=0 # default 3, (0 since CM3.9.6+)
laptop_mode=5 # default 0
dirty_expire_centisecs=3000 # default 3000
dirty_writeback_centisecs=1500 # default 500
dirty_background_ratio=3 # default 5
dirty_ratio=5 # default 10
vfs_cache_pressure=200 # default 100 (tendency of the kernel to reclaim cache memory)
overcommit_memory=1 # default 0 (0=Heuristic 1=Always overcommit 2=Don't overcommit)
overcommit_ratio=80 # default 50 (% of Physical+Virtual memory to allow allocation)
}

# custom shell commands, these commands run last
custom_shells{
chmod 777 /etc/dbus.conf
#echo "Hello!!!" # example
mount --bind /sdcard/libGLES_qcom.so /system/lib/egl/libGLES_qcom.so
}
Old 11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WinDroid XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Technix2002 is just getting started

Used Droid Explorer to replace sdcard/system/lib/egl/libGLES_qcom.so on Froyo reference build and it worked! 3D is definitely improved and Angry Brids is almost tolerable to play, Galery (3D) works nicely, overall video performance is better in the OS. Incredible! Awesome work!

Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff
Re: 3d driver for testing. UPDATE 11.27.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
hey guys. sorry to hear that. to be honest I been using this file for about a month. I did not post it earlier because I was testing it. but to be honest I have 3 SD card.1- frx03, 2- neopeek super froyo, and 3 sense by LENINred. I haven't got that issue yet. and all three builds work great for me with file. thanks
tiad8, sorry for the incorrect reporting,

It was my fault of not reading the instructions completely (I placed libGLES_qcom.so in /andboot instead of / ).
Fixed that, and the sound is working fine and video is working better.

sorry about that. Thanks for posting the drivers
Old 11-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey tiad thanks a bunch you completely explained it too me and now it is working perfectly once again thanks for taking time and explaining it to me
Old 11-29-2010, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.572; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Thanks for all your work ACL. I'll post that modded rootfs in about 10 hours when I wake up and get to work, that is if no one else does.
Well crap, I totally forgot to post this when it finished. Here's the modded rootfs for those on Haret. Building the NAND one right now.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/roo...29-42b44e2.img

Edit: If you managed to download it in the first 5 minutes, I forgot to remove the part where it overwrites gralloc for wvga. You will have to re-download it if that was the case.

Last edited by natemcnutty; 11-29-2010 at 09:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey tiad thanks a bunch you completely explained it too me and now it is working perfectly once again thanks for taking time and explaining it to me
+1, thanks much Tiad! Very much appreciated!!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
+1, thanks much Tiad! Very much appreciated!!
no problem. thank you for testing this. also thank ACL. I'm working on a few ideas to improve 3d. I believe our phones has some juice left. so stay tune. thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Well crap, I totally forgot to post this when it finished. Here's the modded rootfs for those on Haret. Building the NAND one right now.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/roo...29-42b44e2.img

Edit: If you managed to download it in the first 5 minutes, I forgot to remove the part where it overwrites gralloc for wvga. You will have to re-download it if that was the case.
Thanks dood.. also i posted a dev only thread on xda. I need more animals involved so we can get this stuff done.

3d Enhancement (dev only) - xda-developers

Modifying gralloc is pretty easy so let me know if you want to get involved.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2