PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone gotten Angry Birds Lite to work on TP2?

Angry Birds better be one helluba game for all this effort everyone's putting in lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
You've tried Neopeek? I didnt even know it could run on our TP2's... sign a tester's work is never done!
it uses our kernel, so if birds runs on neopeeks then its a xdandroid issue.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Interesting. Thx ACL
Old 09-29-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
ACL can you explain what this means? Are there multiple Android ports for the TP2? I know that neopeek is a mod of Cyanogen (a separately developed project), but I thought all TP2-related things were universal. Does neopeek use drivers/code that you guys don't?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:26 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
ACL can you explain what this means? Are there multiple Android ports for the TP2? I know that neopeek is a mod of Cyanogen (a separately developed project), but I thought all TP2-related things were universal. Does neopeek use drivers/code that you guys don't?
Before i answer this.. i finally got that beotch to run. Had to run it on my old sense ui build. Runs a lil slow and the background is not displaying properly (just white background). but its playable and i actually did well ..lol.. it is using hardware 3d

Logs dont show why the background is not working but i will need to find out if the Hero/Eris have no issues with it. If they dont, then we have to look further into our gralloc code.

hmm now to answer your question. Before i dive in you need to understand that there is 2 big components to get android to run. First is the kernel of course. Without it nothing is possible, its the underlying system that deals with the hardware. Kernel's have their modules that we also control that handle things like wifi and other devices. Then comes the big gorilla android itself. Android comes almost ready to run with a few exceptions that are missing so the vendors can customise it to their needs.

Ok now that we straightened that out i can tell you for a fact that we "htc-linux.org" group are the only ones that i know who develop for the rhod/topaz and other msm7k devices. You can search all the web and i assure you that our kernel is 100% homegrown our of our home pcs. So does neopeek use our kernel, yes he does because no one else makes one. Cyanogen repo last we checked had no info about any of the devices we work on and why would they? they are busy making android for devices that already have kernels made. Sure a few tweaks here and there but nothing like reading assembly all day and reverse engineering bits and pieces the kernel. I know they have a big dev team so it would be great if we could work with them but i doubt it since they have other devices to support.

xdandroid is our version of android straight from google. Stinebd and gang handle all that good stuff for our devices because once again, no one else does. Neopeek uses some of the xdandroid drivers like the essentials "libhardware legacy", gralloc and the RIL and there are a few others that have to be custom made by the vendors. But the android build itself is different. It can have different setting enabled or have customized ui

hope that answers it.. now back to some angry birds with no background
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
hope that answers it.. now back to some angry birds with no background
Thank you very much; that was incredibly helpful. I think I get it now.

Now that you've got it working on an older build, can you find what's changed and make more current builds work? I'm not as concerned about Angry Birds Lite as I am about having fully functional 2D and 3D, and it seems like Angry Birds Lite is pinpointing the problems.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Thank you very much; that was incredibly helpful. I think I get it now.

Now that you've got it working on an older build, can you find what's changed and make more current builds work? I'm not as concerned about Angry Birds Lite as I am about having fully functional 2D and 3D, and it seems like Angry Birds Lite is pinpointing the problems.
It may not happen. The 3d driver was never intended to run on a device with our resolution. Did you notice there is no android device that runs our resolution that is msm7k ? only snapdragon devices run our resolution and they use a completely different gpu.

also we dont know the specifics of angrybirds.. logs were useless only their devs can help us answer why its a lil broken. Wonder if we can contact them.lol .. But i agree, we are working on improving 2d & 3d
Old 09-30-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bitslizer is a n00b

my wife's hero with stock sprint rom (rooted) also hav eproblem with white background, and due to the lower resoution, the menus aren't display correctly most of the time
Old 09-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
It may not happen. The 3d driver was never intended to run on a device with our resolution. Did you notice there is no android device that runs our resolution that is msm7k ?
When you say msm7k do you mean any Qualcomm processor with a name like MSM7xxx?

Not sure if these devices are able to help in some way but:
  • Kyocera Zio M6000 has a WVGA screen with a 600 MHz MSM7227. This one is out already, but is rumored to be coming to Sprint in the USA soon as well.
  • T-Mobile G2 will have a WVGA screen with an 800MHz MSM7230.
  • Sharp SH828U runs some weird branch of Android called Tapas and has a WVGA screen with an MSM7227.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
When you say msm7k do you mean any Qualcomm processor with a name like MSM7xxx?

Not sure if these devices are able to help in some way but:
  • Kyocera Zio M6000 has a WVGA screen with a 600 MHz MSM7227. This one is out already, but is rumored to be coming to Sprint in the USA soon as well.
  • T-Mobile G2 will have a WVGA screen with an 800MHz MSM7230.
  • Sharp SH828U runs some weird branch of Android called Tapas and has a WVGA screen with an MSM7227.
ahh sorry.. those 7227 + 7230 are weird.. but maybe those mentioned above might help. Ill look into them. I was only aware of the htc ones which use the Ati gpu.

when they do come out and we have access to their roms, we may need to see what version of the qcom lib they are using as well as their gralloc.

Last edited by [ACL]; 09-30-2010 at 12:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2