PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide 11/11 Android on SD card! 4 Easy Steps (15 min): TP2 DL lnks (FRX07

FLASH 11
Ck 1st post, confirmed on a couple tablets & my TP2, easy button...

flash 11 (10.3) working with Puffin browser, hulu playing 1947 now.. :>))
links in 1st post

Last edited by teradog; 12-14-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mzel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide 11/11 Android on SD card! 4 Easy Steps (15 min): TP2 DL lnks (FRX07

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You're literally the first person who has said 2.37 sucks. Every single other person has said 2.37 fixes a lot of issues, and it has for me as well...

Soooo ok? I'm going to stick with what works for me, you stick to what works for you. 2.37WV works much better than 2.32. Perhaps you just need a PRL update dude...

Seriously read thru the OMGB thread and see how many people have praised 2.37... It's outrageous.
Actually I started experiencing problems after flashing 2.37 too. In WinMo it constantly hangs up the phone. When I look at CPU usage I see services.exe using 99.5% CPU. I flashed 2.37 3 days ago and today I had to soft reset in WinMo 6 times, since the phone was non-responsive. Is 2.37 a possible cause of this?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:57 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzel View Post
Actually I started experiencing problems after flashing 2.37 too. In WinMo it constantly hangs up the phone. When I look at CPU usage I see services.exe using 99.5% CPU. I flashed 2.37 3 days ago and today I had to soft reset in WinMo 6 times, since the phone was non-responsive. Is 2.37 a possible cause of this?
Seriously doubtful, but if you think it's the problem just flash back the old radio you had.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Ok now I'm unable to delete data.img, tried via USB, WM and SD slot on my wife's netbook and every time it is removed in the window....check through file explorer and the sob is still there. Then I tried to wipe my SD card through a forced delete, then tried formatting and both failed.....worried I may have to get a new SD card, any other suggestions?

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: Simple Guide 12/11 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Ok now I'm unable to delete data.img, tried via USB, WM and SD slot on my wife's netbook and every time it is removed in the window....check through file explorer and the sob is still there. Then I tried to wipe my SD card through a forced delete, then tried formatting and both failed.....worried I may have to get a new SD card, any other suggestions?

I've never seen this on a microSD, but is there a switch to make it read-only?

What were you using to format? How did it fail? Full/quick?

Do you have another card to test with?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
No switch, full format failed halfway through on standard windows vista properties. No spare card, which is why I'm freaking out. I also noticed something I've never seen before on the SD is (.android_secure) at the top of my list in SD contents.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 12-15-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Re: Simple Guide 12/11 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
No switch, full format failed halfway through on standard windows vista properties. No spare card, which is why I'm freaking out. I also noticed something I've never seen before on the SD is (.android_secure) at the top of my list in SD contents.

.android_secure is perfectly normal.

The built-in Windows format utilities are complete and utter crap. Use the HP Tool... go for another full format.

If it helps console you any, SD cards are cheap. I picked up my C4 8GB Kingston that came with a USB-to-microSD and fullsize SD to microSD for ~$20 2 years ago. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks again man totally forgot about HP tool, fingers crossed.
Edit- HP tool failed as well, I guess at this point it has to be the SD card went poopy.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 12-16-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Bought a class 4 Sandisk 8gig micro sdhc for $16 at Wally world, but I'm back to frx06 right now. I really hope I can fix my old Sandisk 8gig....I hate losing money on electronics.
Edit- Back on frx07 and all is well.
Sent from my talking taco that poops ice cream

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 12-18-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mzel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Seriously doubtful, but if you think it's the problem just flash back the old radio you had.
Flashing 2.32 back resolved the problems in WinMo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2