PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This going to be somewhat off-topic but I thought it was important to share. I figured out why I couldn't delete or format my old SD card. Apparently I had to go into the properties of the card and allow sharing permissions full access...why this isn't default I have no idea but that was the culprit. Also it seems all new Sandisk sdhc cards come formatted to fat32.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 12-18-2011 at 01:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-Mobile Rhodium (TP2 US/ Wing II)
Carrier: T-MOBILE

dwyrght is a n00b
Re: Simple Guide 12/11 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

How about htc tp2 t-mobile?
Thanks for the tweak though...
Old 12-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide 12/11 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyrght View Post
How about htc tp2 t-mobile?
Thanks for the tweak though...
I went thru the last page to figure out if you were responding to another post, since by itself this post makes no sense.

Well, it still makes no sense after reading thru the last page. So what's your question/problem/issue?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

borntochill is becoming a great contributor

I just installed FRX07.1 a couple days ago. Forgive me if this has already been answered (I've searched this thread and have come up blank):

When I make phone calls, the sound by default is routed to the back speakerphone and is noisy. If once the call has begun, I tap the speaker button that appears in the lower right corner of the Phone app twice, sound is then properly routed to the front and it is clean without noise. Is there a way to route sound for phone calls to the front by default?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntochill View Post
I just installed FRX07.1 a couple days ago. Forgive me if this has already been answered (I've searched this thread and have come up blank):

When I make phone calls, the sound by default is routed to the back speakerphone and is noisy. If once the call has begun, I tap the speaker button that appears in the lower right corner of the Phone app twice, sound is then properly routed to the front and it is clean without noise. Is there a way to route sound for phone calls to the front by default?
Unfortunately no. The new acoustic routing code fixes this problem, but introduces others (although the list of new problems is getting very, very low...)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks arrrrghhh.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Two other issues:

GPS does not appear to be working. I open Google Maps and the status bar GPS icon flashes. However, I give it ample time, but it never locks to satellites. I just get a "waiting for location" message forever. Google Maps in WM usually locks within 30 seconds of the program launch.

The other issue is very poor battery life, even in standby without apps running. I have shut off push mail and my settings more or less match what I had in WM. Any FAQ or tweaks available to improve this? Battery life currently seems to be too poor (just a few hours) to be usable as my phone OS when I'm on-the-go. As is, it's only practical for days I'm at home or at office, where I can have the TP2 constantly connected to the charger. (Edit: I found this thread, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ng-thread.html, and will try some of the tips to improve battery life)

I realize this is a work-in-progress. I'm very grateful to the devs. I hope the kinks are worked out...it could be amazing. What an immense improvement in usability over WM6x!

Last edited by borntochill; 12-23-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mzel is a n00b

Code:
GPS does not appear to be working.
Does it work for you in WinMo? I had the same problem, and apparently it never worked, even in WinMo
Old 12-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
GPS works fine for me through the Navigation app.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
Old 12-23-2011, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzel View Post
Code:
GPS does not appear to be working.
Does it work for you in WinMo? I had the same problem, and apparently it never worked, even in WinMo
As I said in my original post, "Google Maps in WM usually locks within 30 seconds of the program launch."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2