PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide 11/11 Android on SD card! 4 Easy Steps (15 min): TP2 DL lnks (FRX07

Thanks guys for the reminder... hats off to [ACL] for all his hard work. What an amazing effort here!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone ever have problems with the gsensor going wacky and portrait and landscape moving over one turn? Straight up is now left landscape , left turn on side is now portrait and upside down is right landscape. Works like its supposed to after a reboot then after a little while goes back to this, just started today and it's pissing me off immensely.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide 11/11 Android on SD card! 4 Easy Steps (15 min): TP2 DL lnks (FRX07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Anyone ever have problems with the gsensor going wacky and portrait and landscape moving over one turn? Straight up is now left landscape , left turn on side is now portrait and upside down is right landscape. Works like its supposed to after a reboot then after a little while goes back to this, just started today and it's pissing me off immensely.
Hrm, never heard of this myself. Usually the g-sensor settings are always off which typically means the startup.txt values are wrong... But if they work correctly at first and then go wacky, I don't know.

Did you install some app recently that might be messing with the g-sensor? Any other changes recently? Update rootfs/zImage/etc?

Perhaps rename your data.img to data.bak and let it create a new one on boot. Run for a while, see if it happens again. Then reinstall apps one-by-one, see if there's one in particular that causes it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm, never heard of this myself. Usually the g-sensor settings are always off which typically means the startup.txt values are wrong... But if they work correctly at first and then go wacky, I don't know.

Did you install some app recently that might be messing with the g-sensor? Any other changes recently? Update rootfs/zImage/etc?

Perhaps rename your data.img to data.bak and let it create a new one on boot. Run for a while, see if it happens again. Then reinstall apps one-by-one, see if there's one in particular that causes it.
Only app I've added lately was dolphin browser on your recommendation. :P I think it may be dolphin since right before it started happening the app kept going through the beginning setup...that kind of made wonder. I'll uninstall dolphin and if that doesn't help I'll try creating a new data.img. Also my email has been FC like crazy today as well.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Only app I've added lately was dolphin browser on your recommendation. :P I think it may be dolphin since right before it started happening the app kept going through the beginning setup...that kind of made wonder. I'll uninstall dolphin and if that doesn't help I'll try creating a new data.img. Also my email has been FC like crazy today as well.
Hrm, might just be some general data.img corruption. Suck. I've been getting FC's on some framework for gapps, been driving me nuts. Gonna try to run fix-permissions.sh (from Cyanogen) but it doesn't always fix it.

Which Dolphin, HD or Mini? Not sure it would matter, but I use Mini. Works great, certainly doesn't cause my g-sensor to go wonky .
Old 12-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'm using mini, loved the thing but now that I've uninstalled I'm pretty sure it was the culprit. Dude I wanna try either of the NAND builds but I gotta wait till you guys work out the last few bugs and get my laptop back. I just don't want to be "one of those guys" without the ability to pull logs and test.
Edit- also is [ACL] mad at me or something? I sent him 2 pm's with no reply.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 12-11-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I'm using mini, loved the thing but now that I've uninstalled I'm pretty sure it was the culprit. Dude I wanna try either of the NAND builds but I gotta wait till you guys work out the last few bugs and get my laptop back. I just don't want to be "one of those guys" without the ability to pull logs and test.
Edit- also is [ACL] mad at me or something? I sent him 2 pm's with no reply.
lol, I have no clue if ACL's mad at you... I doubt it, he probably just ignores PM's on here . He was getting flooded for a while there, I think he just got overwhelmed. Might've even turned 'em off I don't know.

Either way that's strange about Dolphin. I use it every day... Hrm. There's other browsers, just odd. There was some boat browser I heard about? Sounded pretty sweet. We'll see what Chrome will bring, hopefully we can run it!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Chrome you say? My wife has it on her computer and loves it but then anything is better than IE. Ok I just figured I would ask... no worries it was just to tell him I'll be donating again soon.
Edit- oh and to tell him about MDU, you should check it out too.
Holy FC on my fargin email....may have to reinstall from TB.
Strange....uninstalled dolphin mini and rebooted everything working fine now but went to browser icon and dolphin mini pops up....maybe I somehow installed it multiple times...dunno.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 12-11-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Chrome you say? My wife has it on her computer and loves it but then anything is better than IE. Ok I just figured I would ask... no worries it was just to tell him I'll be donating again soon.
Edit- oh and to tell him about MDU, you should check it out too.
Holy FC on my fargin email....may have to reinstall from TB.
Strange....uninstalled dolphin mini and rebooted everything working fine now but went to browser icon and dolphin mini pops up....maybe I somehow installed it multiple times...dunno.
Yea, Google evidently is going to release Chrome for Android. Sounds promising .

As for your other problems, fix-permissions.sh, or new data.img. Sounds like corruption for sure.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Yeah its still acting up, pretty sure you're right, I'll just create a new data.img since this one is older than FRX07. I'll just use TB once it settles for my apps, thanks for the help bro!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2