PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Workarounds/known issues 7/22: Updated for FRX07

Well I've just started experiencing these random reboots myself. So it sounds like the best action, in this case, is inaction ? Just wait for it to fix itself ? Right now I am copying 6 GB worth of shi... sorry data so that I could reformat the card.

Can it be related to overclocking ? I was OC'ng at 748 which worked great for me in WM. But even after I removed the OC it still keeps on rebooting on me. I think it's somehow related to an application getting "stuck".
Old 08-08-2011, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Movilnet

Guerralenta is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hello, excuse my bad english, im from venezuela, and work in diferent countries, y have a rhod500 gsm/cdma, i just work with gsm, chage the sim and thats it, but since some time ago i notice that the phone recieve sms and emails, but when in sleep mode the calls dont enter, the green light turn orange when a call is being received, but nothing comes on the screen, no ringing, nothing, for the phone the call never existed, it dont even show it in the missing calls, just dont enter... i call and here the phone ringing... but nothing.. dont show nothing and cant answe...
Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerralenta View Post
Hello, excuse my bad english, im from venezuela, and work in diferent countries, y have a rhod500 gsm/cdma, i just work with gsm, chage the sim and thats it, but since some time ago i notice that the phone recieve sms and emails, but when in sleep mode the calls dont enter, the green light turn orange when a call is being received, but nothing comes on the screen, no ringing, nothing, for the phone the call never existed, it dont even show it in the missing calls, just dont enter... i call and here the phone ringing... but nothing.. dont show nothing and cant answe...
Which kernel are you on? This was fixed in a kernel revision some time ago... Also, which build are you using...?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

frx07 and the latest kernel in glemsom web...2011/08/05 223228 is the kernel... and I being trying every kernel that comes out... and nothing... i dont know if im missing something or if something i have to change in the startup... thx
Old 08-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
frx07 and the latest kernel in glemsom web...2011/08/05 223228 is the kernel... and I being trying every kernel that comes out... and nothing... i dont know if im missing something or if something i have to change in the startup... thx
I'm honestly not sure what to tell you. This was fixed in 20110618. I don't have access to GIT at work (it's blocked!) but if you look at the commits on that date you'll see where this patch was implemented...

Curious, if you use a really old kernel (please try 1253) does this issue still occur? Please don't report other issues with this kernel - it is ancient and there will be things broken. Let's focus on the issue where you lose signal when the phone is put to sleep, and comes back when phone is awoken...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok I try, and 1253 was my fav kernel, have no problems at all with BUT eventually this problems seens to happens even with that kernel or even older, and belive me im not pissed off or something, im just curious about that particular fact... the 1253 was perfect but then start that problem to happen... weird...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Ok I try, and 1253 was my fav kernel, have no problems at all with BUT eventually this problems seens to happens even with that kernel or even older, and belive me im not pissed off or something, im just curious about that particular fact... the 1253 was perfect but then start that problem to happen... weird...
So wait... you're saying this issue with no service in sleep happens on 1253? If that's the case, then we have a different bug on our hands...

You never said that, and neither did anyone else. OK - let me put is this way - was there ANY combination where this bug didn't exist? If no, then this wasn't a regression and a bug that always existed. I guess try to recreate the issue as best you can, and pull logs immediately after you notice it has occurred. Not sure what they'll show but nothing will get fixed without proper re-creation and debugging (logs!)

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

yeah bro.. it never happens with the 1253... but since the latest kernels that it start happen and go back to 1253 happens with that kernel too. and i format the sd card... use a new sd card... use diferent builds 04, 05, 06, and frx07... all same thing... is weird.. and is not that i dont have service, when i call from home to my cell it sounds like ringing but no call on it, and other thing i didnt mention when in sleep mode everything else works sms, kik messenger, whatsapp.. everything. Just the calls when in sleep mode dont appear in screen nor missing...
Old 08-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
yeah bro.. it never happens with the 1253... but since the latest kernels that it start happen and go back to 1253 happens with that kernel too. and i format the sd card... use a new sd card... use diferent builds 04, 05, 06, and frx07... all same thing... is weird.. and is not that i dont have service, when i call from home to my cell it sounds like ringing but no call on it, and other thing i didnt mention when in sleep mode everything else works sms, kik messenger, whatsapp.. everything. Just the calls when in sleep mode dont appear in screen nor missing...
What radio version do you have? Did you grab the updated RIL?

You're also contradicting yourself. You said it never happens with 1253, but then you went back to 1253 and it's still happening...?

There were some patches to the RIL recently, and then we discovered that some older radio's were causing issues. I would try both.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

well.. i have a question about the ril... i dont know how to update it... i dont even know what it is... and the radio is 2.21.00WV.. im really noob with this.. if u can explain me in a really antislow people way how to update it i can try it man.. and really thx...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2