PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: MMS Bounty for CDMA Android Port **Currently: $30**

Ill bet its a bust for now.. they said GSM send/receive, but send only CDMA... we already have that lol

Once they/we/I figure out why it wont work, itll just take the right APN settings for any cdma carrier im guessin
Old 01-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Ill bet its a bust for now.. they said GSM send/receive, but send only CDMA... we already have that lol
Yea, I didn't want to burst your bubble... tiad's done that a few times before. Said "oh I'm going to fix this" and then just restates what the status quo is.

He has literally stumbled onto some interesting fixes, but it seems he didn't really knew what was different, he just knew it ran better. Go figure... .
Old 01-31-2011, 01:12 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ah well lol
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

That was so mean. I've hit a dead end over here too. Can't get myself into the ril to edit anything. I did everything hamagc did before, then searched the logs and saw he ended right where I did. The RIL needs to be fixed for handling unsolicited commands from the network, but I have no idea how to even get into it. Wistilt2's radio guy might be able to see something, but if he doesn't have the MMS recieve info in the dmesg, logcat stuff he got, then it'll never get implimented. Wistilt2 is even finding problems with the system server issue being RIL related now. I really think Stine and phh should just bash this out for good. It's close, but there's still work to be done for correct CDMA vs. GSM detection, and I guess until they spilit off (long way down the road), we're stuck where we are. Sorry guys. Mr.Pippy, 95Civic, Phh, Stinebd, Jonpry, where art thou?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
That was so mean. I've hit a dead end over here too. Can't get myself into the ril to edit anything. I did everything hamagc did before, then searched the logs and saw he ended right where I did. The RIL needs to be fixed for handling unsolicited commands from the network, but I have no idea how to even get into it. Wistilt2's radio guy might be able to see something, but if he doesn't have the MMS recieve info in the dmesg, logcat stuff he got, then it'll never get implimented. Wistilt2 is even finding problems with the system server issue being RIL related now. I really think Stine and phh should just bash this out for good. It's close, but there's still work to be done for correct CDMA vs. GSM detection, and I guess until they spilit off (long way down the road), we're stuck where we are. Sorry guys. Mr.Pippy, 95Civic, Phh, Stinebd, Jonpry, where art thou?
Well, stine is still workin hard on gb. Phh seems to have stepped out of development, just kinda 'chairs the GIT repo' if y'know what I mean. Jonpry is evidently 'plotting his return'.

At any rate, the split of GSM and CDMA has to happen. I don't even know if it's worth looking at anything RIL until that happens. Rumblings of a RIL wrapper (similar to what the HD2 guys do) are happening, so that could just magically solve our problems as it mostly did for them - they don't really have a native RIL, they just wrap the RIL from WinMo into Android. Pretty slick, might just work for us too. Just need someone to take a serious look at it, and the devs seem to have a head of steam going - basically they'll get to it, but there's other things that they're focusing on at the moment .
Old 02-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG G2

carl020989 is a n00b

From what I have seen, MMS works a little different on Sprint than the other carriers. Sprint's "Picturemail" doesn't use the standard MMS protocols, instead they have to tailor each phone's UI/firmware to work with their "Picturemail" service.

Which is why it doesn't really work with Android. Android's text messaging only works the specific text messaging standards and while you can hack it to send MMS, you won't be able to receive MMS the way Sprint's "Picturemail" works.

So unless someone here develops a specific "Android" Sprint Picturemail APP or DROP their stupid Picturemail service in the first place and use the standard MMS protocols. Were screwed.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl020989 View Post
From what I have seen, MMS works a little different on Sprint than the other carriers. Sprint's "Picturemail" doesn't use the standard MMS protocols, instead they have to tailor each phone's UI/firmware to work with their "Picturemail" service.

Which is why it doesn't really work with Android. Android's text messaging only works the specific text messaging standards and while you can hack it to send MMS, you won't be able to receive MMS the way Sprint's "Picturemail" works.

So unless someone here develops a specific "Android" Sprint Picturemail APP or DROP their stupid Picturemail service in the first place and use the standard MMS protocols. Were screwed.
Where'd you get this info from? As far as I can tell, MMS also doesn't work on Verizon or USCC.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

young0ne is just getting started

Heres A question how much money well it take for them to get mms working if i put a hundred dollars on will that help or u need more let me or us know.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by young0ne View Post
Heres A question how much money well it take for them to get mms working if i put a hundred dollars on will that help or u need more let me or us know.
It's not a question of money, it's a question of what the problem is.

Most devs aren't motivated by just some random person offering up $100. Sure, donations are appreciated but unless you find a particular developer that says "yea I'll fix that for $100". What, are you going to pay him $100 - then what... what if he can't figure it out?

I've seen some people freak out that they donated $5 to some dev, and 9 months later they got a new phone and have stopped developing for their phone.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

take the hundo, or however much money you have to throw at the devs, and go sign up online or at a school for codeing classes, then help dude fix it! eh eh? heck, spend the money on a couple books from ebay or something, come on people, get creative! not "well how much green crap can i throw at you to make you work"....... seems that mentality is ruining society as a whole
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2