View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:37 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MMS Bounty for CDMA Android Port **Currently: $30**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
That was so mean. I've hit a dead end over here too. Can't get myself into the ril to edit anything. I did everything hamagc did before, then searched the logs and saw he ended right where I did. The RIL needs to be fixed for handling unsolicited commands from the network, but I have no idea how to even get into it. Wistilt2's radio guy might be able to see something, but if he doesn't have the MMS recieve info in the dmesg, logcat stuff he got, then it'll never get implimented. Wistilt2 is even finding problems with the system server issue being RIL related now. I really think Stine and phh should just bash this out for good. It's close, but there's still work to be done for correct CDMA vs. GSM detection, and I guess until they spilit off (long way down the road), we're stuck where we are. Sorry guys. Mr.Pippy, 95Civic, Phh, Stinebd, Jonpry, where art thou?
Well, stine is still workin hard on gb. Phh seems to have stepped out of development, just kinda 'chairs the GIT repo' if y'know what I mean. Jonpry is evidently 'plotting his return'.

At any rate, the split of GSM and CDMA has to happen. I don't even know if it's worth looking at anything RIL until that happens. Rumblings of a RIL wrapper (similar to what the HD2 guys do) are happening, so that could just magically solve our problems as it mostly did for them - they don't really have a native RIL, they just wrap the RIL from WinMo into Android. Pretty slick, might just work for us too. Just need someone to take a serious look at it, and the devs seem to have a head of steam going - basically they'll get to it, but there's other things that they're focusing on at the moment .