PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: MMS Bounty for CDMA Android Port **Currently: $30**

might as well take me off the bounty. The TP2 is a dinosaur as far as I'm concerned. LOL.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:45 PM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work

I would pay $50 for mms to work for CDMA verizon, and another $50 if someone makes the Android OS into a flashable RU with mms working on cdma network with verizon, so I can flash it to my verizon device. I would like to get rid of winmo os. I will deal with other problems lacking. But for now, how everything works good enough, I am willing to deal with it as long as it is the main os on the device, not this micro sd stuff. No disrespect. I love the progress and how everything has gone far in the last months.

It would be nice to see different flavors, 2.1, 2.2, 1.6, will pay more if need be

I am selling some devices check my link at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656109

Last edited by jhr; 11-12-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: flavors
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr View Post
I would pay $50 for mms to work for CDMA verizon, and another $50 if someone makes the Android OS into a flashable RU with mms working on cdma network with verizon, so I can flash it to my verizon device. I would like to get rid of winmo os. I will deal with other problems lacking. But for now, how everything works good enough, I am willing to deal with it as long as it is the main os on the device, not this micro sd stuff. No disrespect. I love the progress and how everything has gone far in the last months.

It would be nice to see different flavors, 2.1, 2.2, 1.6, will pay more if need be
Or you could pay to buy a new phone that would blow you away, leaving you wondering why you dealt with the antiquated hardware specs(processor, ram...TP2 kb is best ever) of the TP2 for so long.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Or you could pay to buy a new phone that would blow you away, leaving you wondering why you dealt with the antiquated hardware specs(processor, ram...TP2 kb is best ever) of the TP2 for so long.
My friend you forgot to mention it has the ability to burn an extra 40$ every month!

Old 11-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

Thought it was $20? You're absolutely right. I forgot b/c I don't pay the extra fees.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:48 PM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work

i own a Droid x and that is my device i use now. but since i have the tp2, i would love to see it just run android. period. I will throw 100 bucks to see it like that. might even pay a little more just to have it.

no more windows. tired of flashing this rom, that rom, my custom rom so if i get the android os running no windows at all is what i would like to use here and there. It is a global device, and i do roam here and there from country to country. but whatever,
I will deal with it like everyone else.
But the offer still stands i will withdrawl this offer by end of year
but i own a droid x and was close in the buying the Galaxy S but now, I will wait.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:30 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i have a few hours later to do some work on this... i modified my post in the android general forum, asking for a CDMA apk-conf.xml file... Mine is obviously GSM(and so was my MMS.apk), thus im convinced adding CDMA carriers to it will do nothing...

What device are the newest Ports coming from?

What device were are earliest(2.1) builds coming from?

Im thinking I might need a more current setup to pull this off as well... im running things from several months ago.. Once i get the apn-conf file and add my changes there and a few other places(i already know where), Ill know then if its still not working...

Ive still made dozens of changes and nothing impacts my ability to send out still.... so atleast I know Im not "undoing" things i as move forward lol...

*** to the poster above offering $100.. should i get MMS working, Im not a chef so I wouldnt be the one who takes My work and puts it in a flashable RUU, but i would hope some of that would still go to me lol*** seriously though, Im trying to get this done for "the community", like so many others have done for us.. im not interested in the payment aspect
Old 11-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Almost a VIP

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
*** to the poster above offering $100.. should i get MMS working, Im not a chef so I wouldnt be the one who takes My work and puts it in a flashable RUU, but i would hope some of that would still go to me lol*** seriously though, Im trying to get this done for "the community", like so many others have done for us.. im not interested in the payment aspect
You get a 100% working MMS for Cdma Ill give you 10$.. Just send me a PM and your donate button. When its cooked into the rom and I can test it you'll have your donation. Guaranteed!

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 11-14-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Almost a VIP

Boredandtattooed

If you can get the 3.5mm to work without cutting all sound from the external speaker ill throw in an extra 20$.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

getting closer... got the APN to stick, which has been a problem sometimes..

I still cant get a CDMA apn-conf.xml to save my life.... ANdroid users dont seem to be very giving... not like US winMO users atleast...

**EDIT** realized i have the EVO shipped ROM downloaded for months now.. i just pulled the apn-conf.xml out of it and it freakin BIANARY!!!!! UGGGGHHHHH!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 11-16-2010 at 07:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2