PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan
Re: MMS Bounty for CDMA Android Port **Currently: $30**

keep at it, you'll find something. You can do it! lol
Old 11-17-2010, 06:31 PM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work

boredandtattooed....

sorry i have been looking at other places and forgot to check on any replies. Of course, it will go to you. Just because you cannot make it flashable ru but was the guru to make the mms to work on Verizon ( that is the carrier i am with) i saw the picture it was sprint...getting close. though. I have a DroidX if you want to email me or pm to help in any way let me know.

I am willing to deal with no GPS being working all the time...or wifi...i will disable password when i am on it since encrypted never works for me....i can make and receive calls, sent and receive txt, mms and email I am good for that. I can go online.

The rest i dont use...much so i am ok with it. I just dont want my tp2 in my backpack or drawer any more.

I am selling some devices check my link at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656109
Old 11-17-2010, 08:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i dont have access to VZW devices, put once i figure out Sprint - I should be able to just change the APN settings to VWZs #'s and release them at the same time
Old 12-03-2010, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Is this file in XDAndroid for the TP2? I'd check, but I don't have my TP2 here with me, and I may not actually have it installed anymore. File I'm looking for is /system/etc/apns-conf and if it does exist, can anyone post the contents, or the actual file to compare?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:52 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Is this file in XDAndroid for the TP2? I'd check, but I don't have my TP2 here with me, and I may not actually have it installed anymore. File I'm looking for is /system/etc/apns-conf and if it does exist, can anyone post the contents, or the actual file to compare?
APNS-conf from which device, the one that comes with our install... Ill post it up though... Most of the other Android devices apns-conf are bianry, ie I dont know how to convert something like that lol... but the one WE all mostly have can easily be opened in wordpad or notepad..

Ive got a few, binary and not, ill zip it up and label everything..

Ok, so i just gave you the apns-conf from the install (labeled clean)... the other is what I have on mine... doesnt seem to make a difference though...

I can send using the method posted a few posts above.. we can see the Icon turn to "E" like its about to recieve something... but it switches back and no message....

theres also a mms-config.xml that probably has alot to do with all this as well... all bianry though as well- even ours... its located in RES>XML if you want to look at it..

**NOTE** every carrier inside the apns-conf file is GSM.. EVERY!!!! so me adding sprint, though it looks nice, does nothing..not even break it... we've had a poster and myself replace mms.apk and the apns-conf and it breaks messaging completly-text and all.. so...... fair warning there... Ive also tried with Custom User Agent settings in Handsents SMS app.. Ive not made alot of progress lately... I did finally jump to 2.2 finally though and ive yet to test really.. sending out still works fine though when i re-did my APN configuration...

Thats what I got for now..

EDIT - I did just activate an Optimus S for my gf today... I also found the z4 one click root works for it... not sure if Im gonna root yet or not.. if i do, ill be poking around in there as well...(though i guess just downloading the shipped ROM would suffice for now lol)
Attached Files
File Type: zip APN MMS.zip (4.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-04-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

The file on my Fascinate has VZW settings in it. I realize that the APNs are supposed to be for GSM only, but I wonder if setting up the APN for VZW has something to do with getting it to work. When I can pull the file off of my phone, would anyone be willing/able to test it out? Once again, not sure if it would work, but it's hard to tell without trying.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:44 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
The file on my Fascinate has VZW settings in it. I realize that the APNs are supposed to be for GSM only, but I wonder if setting up the APN for VZW has something to do with getting it to work. When I can pull the file off of my phone, would anyone be willing/able to test it out? Once again, not sure if it would work, but it's hard to tell without trying.
the question is, why do we have GSM builds still of Android to play with anyways?? you'd think by now there'd be sperate ports for each...
Old 12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.387; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed
Quote:
the question is, why do we have GSM builds still of Android to play with anyways?? you'd think by now there'd be sperate ports for each...
Because maintaining one repository is hard
enough. It also makes testing easier if everyone is on the same branch.

You really don't want them seperated either or CDMA will fall way behind. Keep in mind that the vast majority of the devs are on GSM devices.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:52 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.387; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

You really don't want them seperated either or CDMA will fall way behind. Keep in mind that the vast majority of the devs are on GSM devices.
I though CDMA was already way behind.. am I mistaken that GSM is fully working?? thought only CDMA is having the MMS, Camera, BT, USB issues..
Old 12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
I though CDMA was already way behind.. am I mistaken that GSM is fully working?? thought only CDMA is having the MMS, Camera, BT, USB issues..
Camera and BT don't work on GSM Rhod's either, but I'm not sure what the status of MMS is. They have some of that working on the HD2 which is GSM only. What USB issues are you referring to?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2