PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

pts69666 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Installing Android to Nand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
There seems to be a 50/50% chance it works, My rhod500 works, and I know of 1 rhod400 that works, so we need to figure out what's different between what works and what does not.
Hey, unsuccessful test here. I was stuck st htc loading screen. Some background info for you. I have a RHOD400, with the stock sprint rom never taken off of it. Only other flash ever done was the HSPL. The method of flashing used was RHODIMG.nhb from SD card. Finally, the build of android used was the one found here:
http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/...oyo.072110.rar

Hope this helps!

edit--

sorry forgot to mention, i tried with and w/o sim card, no different in effects...

Last edited by pts69666; 08-13-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 08-13-2010, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pts69666 View Post
Hey, unsuccessful test here. I was stuck st htc loading screen. Some background info for you. I have a RHOD400, with the stock sprint rom never taken off of it. Only other flash ever done was the HSPL. The method of flashing used was RHODIMG.nhb from SD card. Finally, the build of android used was the one found here:
http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/...oyo.072110.rar

Hope this helps!

edit--

sorry forgot to mention, i tried with and w/o sim card, no different in effects...
Htc logo ? is it even booting into android or does the kernel not even start up.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sonictronic is a n00b

What about sim/security unlocks? I tried the version that worked for wozzer999 on a Rhod500, with only my spl unlocked. I have tried with and without a sim in the socket as well. I am still stuck at the low level green/white "HTC" splash (older devices have "Touch Pro 2" in white letters with black background where I get stuck).

It simply will not load any part of the kernel. Rootfs is in the root of the sd. No volume label on the sd. I have a haret froyo build in /andboot (system.ext2 type not sqsh files). I also scrounged up a froyo build that was not compiled for haret. It is the entire system in "androidinstall.tar". It is in the /andboot folder as well. I also tried with everything in root only and with files in both root and /andboot at the same time (modded rel_path for /andboot, no rel_path for root). All of this on a PNY 8Gb SDHC card. I dont know what class card. I moved everything to a temporary folder that does not pertain to android so hopefully a folder called TEMP_FOLDER will not interfere with the boot process. Also, I typically let it sit for 5 minutes before I pull the battery to try something different.

edit
I am using the same froyo build currently as pts69666 per his post above.

Last edited by sonictronic; 08-13-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

pts69666 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Htc logo ? is it even booting into android or does the kernel not even start up.
nope, just white background with green text, i took everything from the andboot folder in that rar file and put it in the root of my sd
Old 08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

hyperfire21 is just getting started

acl so it seems the kernel doesnt even start up. are there different versions of bootloaders on these phones? we all have the same hardspl im guessing.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

HardSPL should be the same for everyone. For everyone that has tried, please post the following specs. I'm going to try to figure this out. Remember, it can take up to 20 seconds for the kernel to start loading. I've attached the RUU I use, along with the latest tinboot nbh. Just run ROMUpdateUtility in bootloader mode:

Phone Model
If it's unlocked (HardSPL, SIM, any other unlocks)
Flash method (SD card, or RUU uploader)
Do you flash with Vol DN + Power, or let activesync load from Windows Mobile
If it worked (Get's past the logo screen, not if android actually boots)

Here's my info:
RHOD500
Custom RUU (Attached)
Bootloader mode (Vol DN + Power)
Works

Edit:Forgot to upload the package
Attached Files
File Type: zip Android_Test.zip (4.08 MB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by WoZZeR999; 08-13-2010 at 05:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Lets celebrate !!! android is running !!! booya.. no more winmo
Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

compuw22c is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Lets celebrate !!! android is running !!! booya.. no more winmo
WHAAA? Did we figure out why it seems to be working for some and not others? Also (and please don't beat me with a stick for asking) did you notice anything 'magically spring to life' (IE sound, charging, 3d)

Haven't installed on my own device yet, just saw the post, going to try now...

THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL INVOLVED
Old 08-13-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

Nope, It's actually further behind in some senses to booting from haret, but it's a step to not needed haret at all.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuw22c View Post
WHAAA? Did we figure out why it seems to be working for some and not others? Also (and please don't beat me with a stick for asking) did you notice anything 'magically spring to life' (IE sound, charging, 3d)

Haven't installed on my own device yet, just saw the post, going to try now...

THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL INVOLVED
its starting android.. nothgin has been fixed yet.. no sound 3d nothing.. so a lot of work to do still. We are making a new kernel brach for now so we can dev properly

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2