PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Installing Android to Nand?

Attached is the .nbh needed for direct booting to Android. Our current sources (that I have tested at least), don't allow for booting fully into android, but we boot atleast into the console and crash (this is a good thing, means we are part of the way there). Please try to include the console log if possible, it will help [ACL] figure out what the next step is to getting it working. This uses the exact same setup as using a SD card to boot into haret.

I have flashed this to my phone, and flashed back to windows, so it SHOULDN'T cause any issues since the spl.nb is not touched, but I'm not going to say anything for 100% since I don't have the money to replace your phone.

Thanks to [ACL] and jonpry for their excellent work getting RHOD to where it is today.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ruu_signed.zip (1.46 MB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by WoZZeR999; 08-09-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

pts69666 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
Attached is the .nbh needed for direct booting to Android. Our current sources (that I have tested at least), don't allow for booting fully into android, but we boot atleast into the console and crash (this is a good thing, means we are part of the way there). Please try to include the console log if possible, it will help [ACL] figure out what the next step is to getting it working. This uses the exact same setup as using a SD card to boot into haret.

I have flashed this to my phone, and flashed back to windows, so it SHOULDN'T cause any issues since the spl.nb is not touched, but I'm not going to say anything for 100% since I don't have the money to replace your phone.

Thanks to [ACL] and jonpry for their excellent work getting RHOD to where it is today.

Ok, I'll try this out and see what it does for me.

EDIT

ok, so they moved me into my new room today, so idk if i'll have time to test today. but i shall sometime in the next few days. ugh, sorry

Last edited by pts69666; 08-09-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-09-2010, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

hyperfire21 is just getting started

who moved u? what do u mean
Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

pts69666 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperfire21 View Post
who moved u? what do u mean
Military... I knew I was moving, but I didn't know when I was getting my room. I got to my new base yesterday and didn't have a room waiting for me, so was in a hotel until I had a room assignment. I got one assigned today.

But anyway, idk if I'm going to flash tonight because I gotta be at work in the morning and my shit isn't all put away yet, so... hopefully tomorrow!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pts69666 View Post
Military... I knew I was moving, but I didn't know when I was getting my room. I got to my new base yesterday and didn't have a room waiting for me, so was in a hotel until I had a room assignment. I got one assigned today.

But anyway, idk if I'm going to flash tonight because I gotta be at work in the morning and my shit isn't all put away yet, so... hopefully tomorrow!
hopefully by then we have another kernel to test. Trying to fix that usb mess Wozzer faced last.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

dannyppc6700 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dannyppc6700 Send a message via Yahoo to dannyppc6700

if you guys get android running on nand i will effing love you.

last time i tried it my battery died really fast.. i'm assuming from
all the sd card usage but maybe i'll give it anotther shot. android rocks on my
evo
the roms thread. All the mods have to do is move the previous version
to a retired area. Is that too much to ask?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

compuw22c is just getting started

I noticed we seem to be waiting on pts69666 to test this for us. Is it simply because he is insurance-replacing his phone and thus more willing to "lose" it to a bad flash rendering it permanently unusable?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as long as there is no spl aspect to a flashed rom I SHOULD be able to flash back to a working rom (obviously no guarantees expected or implied)

If this is the case I am willing to offer my device as a potential sacrificial lamb to try this out (provided the image to be flashed has changed since the last try with the usb issues). Please let me know if I can help in this regard. REALLY want to get android working, have a serious jonesing for a new(Android) device but don't want to change my plan...

Also I should mention I've had no experience developing for android (although very experienced with linux, winmo and computers in general), but am willing to try regardless.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuw22c View Post
I noticed we seem to be waiting on pts69666 to test this for us. Is it simply because he is insurance-replacing his phone and thus more willing to "lose" it to a bad flash rendering it permanently unusable?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as long as there is no spl aspect to a flashed rom I SHOULD be able to flash back to a working rom (obviously no guarantees expected or implied)

If this is the case I am willing to offer my device as a potential sacrificial lamb to try this out (provided the image to be flashed has changed since the last try with the usb issues). Please let me know if I can help in this regard. REALLY want to get android working, have a serious jonesing for a new(Android) device but don't want to change my plan...

Also I should mention I've had no experience developing for android (although very experienced with linux, winmo and computers in general), but am willing to try regardless.
Actually we arent waiting on anyone. We already tested this but we need to make changes to the kernel to get this to move forward. You are right, there is no harm and we can flash back easily. The kernel in its current state is useless for nand boot since it relies on wince to do a lot of the prep work. Also we are giving some attention to sound wince we just got another dev involved.

i wish there were more hours in the day and i didnt have an hour commute to work. Plus not to mention all the devs are in different time zones.. lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

compuw22c is just getting started

No worries, all and any time spent working on this issue is extremely valuable for all involved and your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Thanks again!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

Ok, we've got a new test for you. With [acl]'s help, we got it further in the process. To try to figure out if it's stopping because my card is bad, or if someone else get's further, please download the attached flashable image. You flash this in the same way you would flash a custom windows rom. You will still need the sd card with android to see what happens. Please let us know the last few error messages you get.

Thanks for the help,
WoZZeR and [ACL]
Attached Files
File Type: zip ruu_signed.zip (1.47 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2